cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
198 REPLIES 198

katlani
Level 9
well i would always install whatever was tested/certified/signed by ASUS, not the initial vendor itself.
As for the Intel RST, it performs as a driver for your setup even if you dont have a RAID system, so i guess why not.

Any additional input from others is appreciated.

menko2
Level 7
In the Asus support website the Bios now is changed to MEUpdateTool.

What is this program do? Should I install or keep the latest Bios?

katlani
Level 9
dont think it was changed, rather added, usually it comes bundled with the BIOS but sometimes it comes separately.
It doesnt replace the BIOS, just updates the ME FW version that a BIOS comes with usually.

MoKiChU
Level 40

does anyone know if the Max XI Formula NVM controller is Samsung? as I see in Driver update programs asking to install the Samsung NVM controller Driver, while Device manager says its Standard Controller

MaLLoc wrote:
does anyone know if the Max XI Formula NVM controller is Samsung? as I see in Driver update programs asking to install the Samsung NVM controller Driver, while Device manager says its Standard Controller

Read and try this.

https://www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommended-AHCI-RAID-and-NVMe-Drivers.html

MaLLoc wrote:

Huh? I don't think you understand...you can install a NVME driver based on your manufacturer of NVME drive you have, if you have a Samsung 970 EVO for example you install the Samsung NVME driver, if you have an Intel NVME drive like the 660p then you install the Intel NVME driver...

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

New version of Intel Chipset Driver (CHIPSET) has just been released :

- Intel Chipset Driver (Drivers Only Package) - Last version [24/04/2019] :
----Package : 10.1.18010.8141 WHQL
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!tdllRKLL!-G719_KeNJBxQ0LjnEEL7kZaP7CbwgWjFjuicg_-kQc

--------Install/Update process : Launch "CHIPSET_Intel_vxx.x.xxxxx.xxxx.exe"

Thread updated.

Whats new in this update?

MoKiChU
Level 40