cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
79 REPLIES 79

Something is def up with your bios update, it shouldn't take 20 mins to update. Not sure if pulling the plug and trying to re-do it or letting it go would be the best. if it sits there and does nothing, killing the process might be the only way but im not sure if that will brick anything. code 64, i see that clearing cmos can help but that would obviously be done while not in the update process.

Exalanoto
Level 7
i have been reading some forums, and people are saying that after updating to the new Bios on the X Hero, they need more voltage for their oc? im still rocking one of the first versions, and the reason for that is the 3-4 week pain in my ass to get the rig stable. i had random shuttdowns, and a huge mess with prolly 10x reinst of windows. Im currently running Maximus X hero and 8700k with 3600mhz tridents

Exalanoto wrote:
i have been reading some forums, and people are saying that after updating to the new Bios on the X Hero, they need more voltage for their oc? im still rocking one of the first versions, and the reason for that is the 3-4 week pain in my ass to get the rig stable. i had random shuttdowns, and a huge mess with prolly 10x reinst of windows. Im currently running Maximus X hero and 8700k with 3600mhz tridents

If I recall...there was one bios between 1003 and 1703 that did require me to up the VCore by .050 to achieve same overclock with same settings...dunno which one it was tough....but bios 1703 by far was the best bios release for me and gave me no issues....Each new bios is produced to enhance previous versions....bios 1703 does have a newer firmware ....You can always save your current bios and settings to revert back to via Flashback if you find you are having issues...only thing that will not roll back is the firmware once updated....Please remember....when flashing to a newer bios....load default settings....you will then have to re input your new settings as you previously had and hopefully you will the same stable system as was in your previous bios.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Phillyflyer wrote:
If I recall...there was one bios between 1003 and 1703 that did require me to up the VCore by .050 to achieve same overclock with same settings...dunno which one it was tough....but bios 1703 by far was the best bios release for me and gave me no issues....Each new bios is produced to enhance previous versions....bios 1703 does have a newer firmware ....You can always save your current bios and settings to revert back to via Flashback if you find you are having issues...only thing that will not roll back is the firmware once updated....Please remember....when flashing to a newer bios....load default settings....you will then have to re input your new settings as you previously had and hopefully you will the same stable system as was in your previous bios.

Cpu-z says im still on 0802, wich i think is the first bios. Honestly, my gutt is telling me not to do this. I was allmost at a point where a sledge hammer was the best way out. i need to think this trough 😄

anyone cam from 1003 to 1704?

do i really have to jump in between different bios version 1003 > 1101 > 1301 > 1401 > 1602 > 1704? or i can directly upgrade from 1003 to 1704 after clearing cmos?

You should be able to just upgrade straight to the newest. Before upgrading I would get the new BIOS prepared on a thumbdrive, load optimized defaults, then clear CMOS and then do a BIOS Flashback upgrade. Be prepared to play around with your OC for sure many voltages will be slightly different, if that applies.

Hitman84
Level 7
My system has been totally unstable with the 1704 bios on the maximus x code.
When I first updated i had to completely clear CMOS to get the system to even boot.
I'm running the Corsair rgb CMR16GX4M2C3200C16 at 32 gb and before bios update the system ran flawlessy at the memory's advertised speed of 3200. Now I get random crashes at 3000 and if I try to bump it to 3200 the system refuses to boot and I have to clear CMOS again the get back to uefi and reset the ram.
This happens with manual settings or using xmp profile.

kens30
Level 11
Why don't you just rollback to the previous bios you where stable on.

SilvanV
Level 7
Can someone please explain which is the easiest way - step by step - to rollback to a previous bios version? Im unsure and I have some issues with 1704.

SilvanV wrote:
Can someone please explain which is the easiest way - step by step - to rollback to a previous bios version? Im unsure and I have some issues with 1704.

Download the previous bios version for your board on a usb...in your case the X Code...extract the file and rename it M10C.cap..the bios will be able to now read the file when doing usb flashback method.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D