Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
79 REPLIES 79

kens30
Level 11
Thanks for the update MoKiChU...

Just updated to 1704. below is the procedure that i always follow when updating bios.

First i loaded optimized defaults rebooted and updated using BIOS EZ flash 3 Utility (always from local disk drive or usb drive)
After updating the system rebooted to a black screen displaying ME firmware updating then pc restarted displayed BIOS updating and
restarting once again.
Pressed F1 to recover BIOS settings and loaded optimized defaults saved then restart.

I had only one issue after i entered bios the MY FAVORITES section was blank to fix this i just pressed the Recover default setting under My Favorites and everything is ok.
One thing the release notes don't mention is the addition of TVB Voltage Optimization under Internal Cpu Power Management.
According to Intel TVB is a 9 series cpu feature that automatically increases clock frequency by up to 200MHz over default turbo if the processor is at a temperature of 50°C or lower.

After updating the system rebooted to a black screen displaying ME firmware updating then pc restarted displayed BIOS updating and
restarting once again.
I had only one issue after i entered bios the MY FAVORITES section was blank to fix this i just pressed the Recover default setting under My Favorites and everything is ok.

Can anyone who has updated to 1704 bios confirm that their pc went through the exact same process as me described above along with the MY FAVORITES issue.
Just want to make sure that the update went ok or i might reflash it using BIOS flashback.
Everything is running fine though and ME got updated..

Kiernon
Level 8
I took the plunge and updated to 1704 on my Maximus X this morning before clean installing the Win10 October update.

The updating process was the same as you've described.
Updated through the file with EZ Flash3 (file processed), reboot, ME updated, reboot, BIOS flashed, reboot, F1 and setup.
Setup XMP/overclock and any other settings I require for my setup, and - as of now - it seems perfectly fine and stable.

ME updated, and tested various programs and a few games after the new OS install throughout the day, and everything is working as expected without catastrophe (Your mileage may vary, of course).

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add with the MY FAVORITES issue you're experiencing, kens30. It wasn't something I checked or use. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hopefully someone else may be able to give you more info if they've had the same thing happen to them with it.
In dreams, I walk with you.

im having issues with the drivers not even the bios. the audio driver really messed it up for me. how can i uninstall the audio driver?

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
updated to bios 1704 just now no issues , had a few reboots and black screens of " updating bios dont shut off pc " a few times , witch is new other then that so far so good havent done any stabilty testing to see if its worse or better then 1402 bios .

maybee the voltege spikes in adaptive mode is fixed ??? - doubt it but fingers crossed .

ps : under cpu power managment : new option called "TVB Voltage Optimization" under Internal Cpu Power Management.
According to Intel TVB is a 9 series cpu feature that automatically increases clock frequency by up to 200MHz over default turbo if the processor is at a temperature of 50°C or lower.

as poster above me mentioned as well . so basicly 4.7 ghz all core turbo on 9900k + 200 mhz if under 50 c with out touching bios over clocks at all to 4.9 ghz thats pretty sweet actually
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

NemesisChild
Level 12
Just updated to 1704, don't be alarmed by the number of bios reboots after successful update:

1st reboot...> ME updating
2nd reboot...> Bios updating
3rd reboot...> Bios updating
4th reboot...> F1 screen to enter bios
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Just updated to 1704, don't be alarmed by the number of bios reboots after successful update:

1st reboot...> ME updating
2nd reboot...> Bios updating
3rd reboot...> Bios updating
4th reboot...> F1 screen to enter bios

My computer restarted like 7 times -_- at the end it said something about settings, and i pressed f1 or something to go to bios. Then i checked my bios version and it said 1704 x64 so I guess it worked.... I almost had a heart-attack!

NeoandGeo
Level 7
Working well enough on my end, while I can't really increase my OC on my CPU and RAM, it is much more friendly to experimentation and troubleshooting. Vastly lower instances of Q-Code 55 when going too tight on timings and .

The last few BIOS revisions I would experience times where I would have to clear CMOS and use the Flashback utility even when using stock settings after a failed Memory OC attempt. Albeit some of the attempts were pure lunacy on what I was trying to achieve, it's nice when failure results in reentering BIOS and tweaking numbers.

A couple new things I noticed, the CPU Current limit now goes to 255.75 instead of 255.50, I assume it's just cosmetic, and not really a higher setting. Also under Scenarios they now include an "Intel Failsafe" setting. Haven't checked it out to see what settings it uses, lower than using "Load Optimized Defaults"?

Off topic, has anyone done any in-depth testing of the Memory Training page that was added several revisions ago? I have tried setting all enabled and selecting User Profile for Training, but end up with identical results either way after training settles into permanent settings.

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
any one try this new bios on the x hero and try out adaptive mode to see if the cpu volt spikes arnt as bad ?

example 1.33v totaly adaptive volts @ load line 6 = up to 1.375 + spikes .
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync