cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

AliAPCMR
Level 9
Hi guys I to have a issue with this aura software, using the standalone software the aura lights work until u click on
certain effects which is completely random and this causes the LEDs to freeze or turn off, but the some of the effects work fine as they should, and soon as I use Armoury crate any of the effects excluding static causes the exact same thing, the lights freeze or turn off and upon restarting or shutting down the pc and turning it back on fixes the issue unless I re do these steps any help, I have re installed, formatted my entire OS didn't clean install, replaced my mobo and still the same issue

It's like admins from Asus have given up I fix one issue for another to appear I don't get why anyone isn't replying, I have come across threads where people have the same issue as me and no one from Asus have replied

Psycrow
Level 11
I hate asus aura..it uses 10 % of ur cpu power running in the background

Today 11/12/2019 Windows 10 version 1909 became widely available. After installing version 1909 Aura Sync became unusable. Any clues as to why? Any setting that I need to change? I reformatted my PC 3 times this week because of this. 2 times when I was on the Insider program and 1 time when not on the insider program. Same thing happens in Armory Crate (Newest version).

I'm using version 1.07.71

I had problems with AURA a couple of hours ago, and failed to make it work as in previous times. I uninstalled Aura and played games for a couple of hours. I have now updated Windows to version 1909 and then installed AURA 1.07.71. again. Now AURA works.

hortons71 wrote:
I had problems with AURA a couple of hours ago, and failed to make it work as in previous times. I uninstalled Aura and played games for a couple of hours. I have now updated Windows to version 1909 and then installed AURA 1.07.71. again. Now AURA works.

Can sign this procedure as I had the same problems yesterday. I completely cleaned AURA 1.07.71 after the Windows Version 1909 update, restarted and installed Aura 1.07.71 with a fresh install (deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService by hand and used CC Cleaner to clean the registry).

Not it works again. Still from time to time after reboot I have to reload my normal profile. For this cause I use this small batch file to reload my wanted profile every windows start: https://pascalroeleven.nl/multi-profile-for-asus-aura

Jesseinsf wrote:
Today 11/12/2019 Windows 10 version 1909 became widely available. After installing version 1909 Aura Sync became unusable. Any clues as to why? Any setting that I need to change? I reformatted my PC 3 times this week because of this. 2 times when I was on the Insider program and 1 time when not on the insider program. Same thing happens in Armory Crate (Newest version).

I'm using version 1.07.71

I will check a clean install as soon i finish something here to test. but remember is one or the other. i will check the scenario during the weekend. I am planning to get access to a capture card so i can record a few point later
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Codyksp1
Level 7
Once again this poorly written software has been broken after installing Windows 10 version 1909 yesterday.
I tried a complete fresh install of Aura Sync, and now all it does is say "AuraService is currently unavailable".

- I uninstalled GALAX GAMER RGB, Patriot Viper RGB, AURA Service, AURA and rebooted in that order.
- I deleted C:\Program Files\ASUS, C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService.
- I ran CCleaner and cleaned the registry with it.
- I manually checked HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services for LightingService.
- I installed the newest version 1.07.71 using AsusSetup.exe and rebooted again.

The LightingService is installed and running, yet this piece of crap software is once again not working.
This has been an ongoing issue every time Windows is updated and sometimes even when AURA Sync itself is updated.

For once, fix this software properly. The fact that it doesn't even clean up after itself properly is so bad.

Reporting in with unlaunchable Aura v .71 - Windows update 1909 last night broke the software for me and I can't get it re-installed in a working manner.

MoKiChU
Level 40

Here's the deal. My Aura stop working because I updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1909 from 1903. But here is the thing, it was not just the 1909 update. It also happened because of my Logitech Webcam's faulty USB 3.0 driver. So, yesterday I re-formatted my PC with 1909 and everything was great until I installed the Logitech Webcam. When this happened, I had to delete an XML configuration file from the "Program File (X86)" and then power down my PC and Unplug it to drain the power. Once I booted back up the issues where gone.

ASUS, please figure out how to prevent this from happening. Thanks