cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

z0ki wrote:
Another day, another ASUS Gimmick Aura issue.

Updated my BIOS on my ROG Maximus X Formula, rebooted into windows and what do you know ASUS AURA is broken.

Tried to uninstall properly, used the ASUA AURA Clearner, re-installed. And nothing. I get greeted with this message instead.

Tried older versions, and no change.

Maximus X Formula on latest BIOS 2102

I have the same problem on my maximus x hero..

Any updates??

Elkmar
Level 8
z0ki, try this procedure: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync-RGB&p=778558#post778558
English is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes.

jetblast96
Level 7
Same issue with 1.07.71. Cannot get any version to work. Have tried all previously suggested fixes. Seemed to be working fine until a recent windows update?

klepp0906
Level 7
seems newest windows update broke it. gooood times.

liakou
Level 7
Windows cannot break something that has always been broken.

klepp0906
Level 7
well, had the newest version working for me for a good while after the essentially total cleanout/reinstall.

updated to 1909. livedash still works. aura wont even uninstall via the uninstaller now lol.

gonna revo it and hope for the best. will report back.

liakou
Level 7
Others cannot even get the latest version working on 1903 and have to live with 1.06 versions. In general whichever version works for anyone after installing and uninstalling, simply because ASUS software devs are incapable of producing or fixing something right. In particular their latest version offered doesn't even work with a fresh Windows installation in my case, I call that tragic. I wish you luck making this messed up piece of garbage software work again my friend!

Maximus XI GENE not shown in the latest version of AURA Sync software.
Graphic drivers are updated, bios it on the latest version 1302 and AURA software is on 1.07.71. Tried 1.06.17 but I have the same problem.
Settings in BIOS are all set as prescribed.
Some known fix?

Yuji_Saeki
Level 7
I recently went full-on RGB but the ASUS Aura software constantly would crash, depending on certain peripherals.
I've nailed down my crashes to AacMouseHal_x86.dll (1.0.0.15 used by 1.07.71) causing the issue by handing off incorrect data to HID.dll. The results from the HidD calls are not being checked or honored! You must do this!!! Your code makes assumptions in several places. (Using version 1.07.71.)

lea ecx, dword ptr ss:[ebp-0x8]
push ecx
push eax
call dword ptr ds:[<&HidD_GetPreparsedData>]
push esi
push dword ptr ss:[ebp-0x8]
call dword ptr ds:[<&HidP_GetCaps>]
call dword ptr ds:[<&HidD_FreePreparsedData>]

And in another location:

push ecx
push eax
call dword ptr ds:[<&HidD_GetPreparsedData>]
test al, al
je +0xF
push esi
call dword ptr ds:[<&HidP_GetCaps>]
call dword ptr ds:[<&HidD_FreePreparsedData>]

I patched my own DLL to check the return values. LightingService never crashes anymore. Consistently swapping between patched and unpatched versions of the DLL are conclusive. My patches succeed in fixing things, in short. :cool:

Device being accessed: \\?\hid#vid_5543&pid_0047&mi_00&col01#8&2921918d&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}. This is a UC-Logic Drawing Monitor, with a Pen as well. (A branded XP-Pen 22HD). I have reported this device before as being a trigger for ASUS Aura crashes.

I have also just walked through and confirmed HidD_GetPreparsedData returns 0 (FALSE, aka ERROR) for the Device I mentioned, but your code just uses it anyway assuming it 1. Your problem (the crashes) are your assumptions that those API calls always return true or success when in fact they don't for some devices. In other areas of your DLL, you do check the values. But not in these two routines. Why? ???

ASUS doesn't allow uploads so if you're interested in testing, I can give you either a patch list or an actual DLL. (Rebuilt relocations table manually and added code to end of .text section.) Not for the faint of heart to trust, but you can do a byte-by-byte comparison.

A quick look through most ASUS Aura DLLs show some more calls to HID stuff. Double-check your return values.

RoguE46
Level 7
Hi MoKiChU,

Just bought a Strix x570-i and finished my first build the other day. Been running into an issue with Aura sync not opening.

First I was receiving a message when I would attempt to launch program that said "Aura sync is not available. Check to make sure Aura Sync was properly downloaded."
I tried to delete it and re-download a few times with no success. Watched a few videos that walked me through potential fixes that also got me no where.

Now am not getting any sort of message. When I try to open the program simply nothing happens.

The one thing I have not done is a clean install. I wasnt sure if galax and viper had anything to do with aura sync or if I should even mess with it. Last thing I'm trying to do is make the issue worse.

The steps you suggested above, would that work for a strix x570-i as well?

Right now my board and ram after booting up sits on pink and its killing me. Any other color would honestly suffice. The odd part, I cant even control my G.skill ram through there lighting software because it seems to be synced with the motherboard.

Any help for a noob would be great. Thank you.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

The goal of this thread is to post new versions of AURA Sync & AURA RGB.

/!\ Only for Windows 10 64 bit /!\

If you have a ROG AURA Sync motherboard
&
Other AURA Sync devices (graphics card included)

- AURA Sync - Recommended version [20/04/2018] :
----Version : 1.06.17
----Download : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AISuite/Lighting_Control_1.06.17.zip

- AURA Sync - Latest version [22/07/2019] :
----Version : 1.07.71
----Download : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.07.71.zip
----

FIRST INSTALL

--------Install process : - Launch "Setup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
---------------------------------- The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
---------------------------------- Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
---------------------------------- Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices

UPDATE/CLEAN INSTALL

--------Install/Update process : - Uninstall your current AURA apps in this order : 1) GALAX GAMER RGB and/or Patriot Viper RGB if it is/they are installed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2) AURA Service if it is installed ("Cancel" when an Explorer window opens)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3) AURA ("Yes" when the uninstaller asks to restart)
---------------------------------------------- Perform a cleanup of the registry with CCleaner Free Portable or others
---------------------------------------------- Launch "Setup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
---------------------------------------------- The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
---------------------------------------------- Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
---------------------------------------------- Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices

If you just only have a ROG AURA Sync graphics card

- AURA RGB for Graphic Card - Latest version [15/08/2019] :
----Version : 0.0.6.3
----Download : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic%20Card/Unique_Applications/AURA_RGB_Lighting_Control_Grap...
----

--------Install/Update process : - Launch "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & XG-STATION verx.x.x.x.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator)