cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

GeorgeZzzZz wrote:
Hi there 🙂
It still works only in static mode. As far as I read Asus refuses to work on it and will never fix this so that the hyperx memory can sync properly and work in other modes despite:
1. the TONS of customers using this product and requesting a fix
2. HyperX ram being advertised as compatible with aura on Aura's official website

This is very frustrating and I will definitely go for aorus(gigabyte) system next time. I advise you to do so too and save A LOT of money and nerves in the process as we all well know asus is way overpriced for the crappy quality software and customer service that they offer.

Cheers

I just have to agree...Asus is letting customers down in software department for a long time now. I cant have the nice ARGB effects i got when my system is off on the software...so many flaws, so many bugs...no new lightning effects, very bad ones, updates are an a s s to install...i gotta sa, as a ROG customer for a LOOOOONG time, i dont get why asus cant spend a fu cking penny to pay good software enginners and step up aura software...MSI next time, tired of being treated as s h i t. Been buying ROG since ever...no more asus. Bye.

Have just setup a new PC with a Maximus XI Extreme motherboard. Building the whole PC including seting up the watercooling loop and installing Windows took around 2 hours. But have now spent another 3 hours trying to get the Asus Aura + LiveDash software to work and it is still not working.

Have tried the files that came with MB USB stick and obviouly the latest version:
SW_AURA_WEB_W10_64_VER10757_20190416R.zip
SW_LiveDash_WEB_W10_64_VER10502_20190412R.zip

All files seem to install and uninstall without erros but when running them I first got some red error about Windows blocking the application. Now after a few uninstalls and reinstalls (with and without UAC disabled/as Admin) LiveDash will not even run and Aura crashes directly. Have also tried uninstalling all the seemingly unrelated stuff like "Galax" and "Patriot" e t c manually. Have updated BIOS and ME. Nothing helps so I guess I have to reinstall Windows 10. I found a ASUS PDF with a link to something called "Aura cleaner" on Google drive. But that link was no longer working. Even if it had been available, why would a company like ASUS host this on Google Drive?

Here is some logs from latest run attempts:

Application: LightingService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0021A314
Stack:

---

Faulting application name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb42cd2
Faulting module name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb42cd2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002a314
Faulting process ID: 0x14f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f654e29ebc61
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Report ID: b62171ad-d797-4d9c-aec4-2d9be905cf53
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

---

Application: LiveDash.exe
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at LiveDash_UI.PopUpWindow..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.String)
at LiveDash_UI.ParsingXML..ctor(System.String)
at LiveDash_UI.ParsingXML.GetInstance()
at LiveDash_UI.MainWindow.GetInstalledDeviceType()
at LiveDash_UI.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, Boolean)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[], System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[])
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstanceCritical(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstanceWithCtor(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateAndAssignToParentStart(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext)
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartMember(System.Xaml.XamlMember)
at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(System.Xaml.XamlReader)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfoConsumer, MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.XamlContextStack`1, System.Windows.Markup.IStyleConnector)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at LiveDash_UI.App.Main()

---

Faulting application name: LiveDash.exe, version: 1.5.2.0, time stamp: 0x5ca17130
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x30bd5043
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0011aaf2
Faulting process ID: 0x28c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f654e27cb624
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\LiveDash\LiveDash.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: cd3f1178-62f7-465e-b88d-999403ed540e

----

This software is a joke... Has it been developed by the customers at a daycare centre? If this happens on a totally fresh Windows install with nothing else installed I can only imagine how it will work down the line.

Considering returning this board and getting a Gigabyte z390 board instead. Have another PC with a Gigabyte Z370 motherboard and installing the RGB software on that took like 3 minutes and worked straight away. It's shame as the Maximus XI Extreme hardware product seems pretty nice so far...

PS. There also seems to be some nonsense going on with the sound drivers. They randomly prompt for restarts even though I have restarted more times than I can count.

same issue.. exactly... wish Asus would provide good working software.

nilsman wrote:
Have just setup a new PC with a Maximus XI Extreme motherboard. Building the whole PC including seting up the watercooling loop and installing Windows took around 2 hours. But have now spent another 3 hours trying to get the Asus Aura + LiveDash software to work and it is still not working.

Have tried the files that came with MB USB stick and obviouly the latest version:

All files seem to install and uninstall without erros but when running them I first got some red error about Windows blocking the application. Now after a few uninstalls and reinstalls (with and without UAC disabled/as Admin) LiveDash will not even run and Aura crashes directly. Have also tried uninstalling all the seemingly unrelated stuff like "Galax" and "Patriot" e t c manually. Have updated BIOS and ME. Nothing helps so I guess I have to reinstall Windows 10. I found a ASUS PDF with a link to something called "Aura cleaner" on Google drive. But that link was no longer working. Even if it had been available, why would a company like ASUS host this on Google Drive?

Stack:

---

Faulting application name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb42cd2
Faulting module name: LightingService.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cb42cd2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe

---

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[], System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstanceCritical(System.Type, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.Schema.SafeReflectionInvoker.CreateInstance(System.Type, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstanceWithCtor(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.PartialTrustTolerantRuntime.CreateInstance(System.Xaml.XamlType, System.Object[])
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_CreateAndAssignToParentStart(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfoConsumer, MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.XamlContextStack`1, System.Windows.Markup.IStyleConnector)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

---

Faulting application name: LiveDash.exe, version: 1.5.2.0, time stamp: 0x5ca17130
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x30bd5043

----

This software is a joke... Has it been developed by the customers at a daycare centre? If this happens on a totally fresh Windows install with nothing else installed I can only imagine how it will work down the line.

Considering returning this board and getting a Gigabyte z390 board instead. Have another PC with a Gigabyte Z370 motherboard and installing the RGB software on that took like 3 minutes and worked straight away. It's shame as the Maximus XI Extreme hardware product seems pretty nice so far...

PS. There also seems to be some nonsense going on with the sound drivers. They randomly prompt for restarts even though I have restarted more times than I can count.
"Better to try and Fail, then not try at all" ~ Michael Jordan
favorite YouTuber - KDSTech - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0zF8nTziWiBx3v6CNR3yw

nilsman wrote:

Stack:

---

---

---

----

Got it working now but question is for how long...

Reinstalled Windows 10 and then only installed the following Asus software, in this order:

1. SW_AURA_WEB_W10_64_VER10757_20190416R.zip
2. SW_LiveDash_WEB_W10_64_VER10502_20190412R.zip
3. AISuite3_4.zip

So no Asus automatic download stuff and other Asus bloatware e t c. Strangely the AISuite version listed above cannot be found on the software download section for my motherboard? In fact there is no AISuite listed at all for this motherboard. And using the one that comes with the UBS stick creates an endless mess as these software seem to interact in some way. Managed to find this page https://www.asus.com/latest-software-update/ through Google and that is where I found a working AISuite version. Now I need to install my other non Asus software and hopefully it continues to work.

Based on the feedback in this thread I'm still considering returning the board and going for Gigabyte instead. This seems to be a complete unprofessional mess from Asus. I'm not going to waste more time on something as basic as a software that makes a few RGBs and OLEDs light up correctly. I cannot understand why Asus have not implement some basic livedash and aura setting in the BIOS. As it stands now you can basically just turn aura on/off and do nothing with the livedash. And if the windows software that controls this does not work properly then I might as well get a board without those features and working software.

Can someone please help me. As you can see on the picture the app (AURA CORE) have violet color on the right side/num. pad. while in the laptops keyboard it is reddish. Same with other colors, it is different on the keyboard itself.(just on the right side tho)

TKY-SP
Level 7
The files AacDisplaySetup.exe, AacOddSetup.exe, and AacVGASetup.exe are not in aac folder of 1.07.55.
Are they missing or intended to be removed from 1.07.55?

raven77uk
Level 10
Crash on start up on windows 10 1903

Fanskap
Level 7
My Aura stopped working today. 1.07.55 just constantly crashed when i tried to launch it.

I tried to reinstall but both 1.07.55 and 1.07.57 now gives the message "please connect an aura sync compatible device and hit the refresh button".
Refresh ofcourse does nothing.

The only version that works is 1.06.17. Every other version i have tried between 1.06.17 and 1.07.55/57 is blocked by windows and cant be launched.
The certificate seems to be revoked and i could not get around that even with trying to install the certificate and disabling uac. Does anyone here know how to do that?

As i said 1.06.17 works but the issue i have with 106.17 and older is that they can not control Aura on my RTX Strix card because its not detected so if i want to change anything with the Strix aura i have to also install the VGA aura and that software is very limited.

This is not the first time Aura has stopped working but it is the first time a reinstall of aura has not solved it for me.

I have followed the steps for a clean install. I even reset and updated bios on my Maximus X Hero.
My windows install is 2 weeks old so i wont be reinstalling that any time soon just for this.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix the issues with detecting devices in 1.07.55 and 1.07.57? Im all out of ideas at this point.

JonnyB1989
Level 7
New Version of Aura, new Problems. A few days ago i installed the new aura version 10.07.57, wich works fine, but if i want to play Divison 2 or Apex Legends, the Easy Anti Cheat gets triggert by the Lightingservice.

The last version, wich i updated to was the 10.07.35, wich didn´t trigger Easy Anti Cheat.
Is there a way to get the install pack for the 10.07.35, i do not have a backup of this version and systemrestore dosen´t work.

JonnyB1989 wrote:
New Version of Aura, new Problems. A few days ago i installed the new aura version 10.07.57, wich works fine, but if i want to play Divison 2 or Apex Legends, the Easy Anti Cheat gets triggert by the Lightingservice.

The last version, wich i updated to was the 10.07.35, wich didn´t trigger Easy Anti Cheat.
Is there a way to get the install pack for the 10.07.35, i do not have a backup of this version and systemrestore dosen´t work.

Don't bother. Asus revoked the certificates for every old version of aura. Windows will say that the program is blocked on anything under .55. I'm stuck with easyanticheat just like you. I have to pick what I like more, my lighting or my games.