cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

Abaidor wrote:

*SNIP*

There is also lack of proper control on devices. For example how do you set individual effects on each component if not synced?

*SNIP*

They need to rewrite the software and allow for further control because as it stands right now it leaves a lot to be desired especially compared to Corsairs iCUE. I am on a Rampage VIE.

I am going to build another PC soon will try going full corsair this time.

This really annoys me as well, there is a distinct lack of functionality in AURA. There'e the lack of choosing different effects for different devices as well as the complete lack of proper addressable RGB functionality. If you have any addressable RGB strips/product you cannot choose what colour you want each of the LEDs, which is kind of what the whole addressable RGB thing is about. So really all you can do is run pretty rainbow effects with your addressable RGBs and the rest is the same as every other RGB product.

I don't think any motherboard lighting software allows you to set lighting or performance profiles for different applications. This is where Corsair iCUE comes in. While I have mixed opinions about some of Corsair's products, I find iCUE to be far superior to any other lighting control/fan control software. iCUE is the sole reason I bought a Commander Pro, Corsair RGB fans and LED strips. My whole watercooling system is running off the Commander Pro as is most of my lighting. Being able to set profiles per application is great. I can have the system nice and quiet during desktop operation and have it automatically switch to performance mode when I launch games or benchmarking software, as well as lighting themes that match the game/app.

I really wanted AURA and AI Suite to have this kind of functionality so I could just plug everything into my motherboard but both applications fell short of my expectations.

Hopefully AURA and AI Suite can be properly revisited and revamped in the future with this kind of functionality and perhaps even integrate AURAs functions into AI suite.

katlani
Level 9
Well the only additional lightning controlling application is ASUS AURA (GFX Card) if you want to change that as opposed to the Sync

cx-ray
Level 12
The Aura Lightingservice crashes whenever I perform a memory read and write test in Aida64. Aura won't start any longer, lighting freezes on motherboard, and it cause 1 CPU core to be pegged at 100% until I kill the service.

Rampage VI Apex

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

0.0.6.1 version of AURA Sync (Graphics Card Only) has just been released : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic%20Card/Unique_Applications/GamerOSD/AURA_RGBLightingContr...

Wondering if they have resolved the ledcontrolservice.exe UAC prompt in Windows 10 or ignored as usual, while just adding support for newer gfx cards.

Crasje
Level 12
Guys,

Was this software released in April and there has not been a new version yet?*

Seriously?*

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Crasje wrote:
Guys,

Seriously?*

The current version of AURA sync came out around 2 weeks ago I believe.

Crasje wrote:
Guys,

Seriously?*

there was a topic like this for us to report issues but its now closed, may be the devs are working on new version, so desperate 😞

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104892-AURA-SYNC-1-06-95-Report-Issues-Here

Tbolt214th
Level 7
Aura Sync, and in general, ALL THAT LED BS, sucks big time. It adds nothing to the value, doesnt work properly, hogs my CPU, crashes...etc etc..

LED...NO, THANK YOU

MoKiChU
Level 40