cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

Anytime I attempt to use Aura Sync to sync my Wraith Spire and my motherboard using the Smart Temperature setting, after a varying amount of time I receive a black screen of death, followed by an inability to boot. I have flip off the power supply, disconnect the cable, and wait 10 seconds. Then I can reinsert the cable, flip the switch and press power to boot again. If I set it to any other setting than the Smart settings, I'm fine. I am running Rainbow sync now without issues for a few hours.

Asus Prime X370-PRO
AMD Ryzen 1700 with Wraith Spire
Powercolor Red Dragon RX570
Corsair Vengance 16GB CMK16GX4M2Z2666C16
Logitech K800 and MX Master 2S

BIOS is currently flashed to 4011

No other RGB software. Pretty much the only thing on this box is Windows, some Steam and Epic games, HWINFO x64 and Rainmeter with some skins loaded for CPU/video/disk/network monitoring. Not really necessary for temp sync to work for me, would just be kinda nifty 🙂

I may try unloading HWINFO for a while to see if that stops it while I wait for suggestions, maybe it's trying to poll the sensor that Aura Sync wants to read for temp LED control and causing a crash.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer!

EDIT: remove redundancies

The online game I play is called the Great Merchant. Whenever I launch the game, the cpu usage of lighting service goes up and all the rgbs are stuck to a color instead of rainbow supposedly. And I couldn't open up the Aura software. The game uses gameguard so that maybe one of the possible causes of conflict.

before I launch the game: (sorry for some reason I couldn't upload the image)
https://imgur.com/6sisgBt
after I launch the game:
https://imgur.com/uRysIG1

I am using the latest version of Asus Aura, and my computer's spec are follows:
r5 2600 with a wraith prism cooler
prime x470-pro
trident z rgb 3200Mhz 2x8gb
gtx 1060 3gb
adata sx6000 256gb

I tried uninstalling the software but that just make it worse cause all the rgbs seem to lost their default lighting setting when windows is loaded up (before entering windows, all the rgbs were perfectly synced and running at their default pattern). After entering windows all the rgbs were off-sync and my two sticks of trident z rgb were running at different colors. It seems that the Aura software has some leftover setting in windows but I just couldn't get rid of them using revo uninstaller.

I'm desperate right now as I seem to have only two choices, one is to leave Aura eat up my cpu resources, another is to uninstall the software and suffer the off-sync, which both of them are painful.

Can anyone figure out what was the problem? I would be super grateful if anyone has a solution to it.

You can do nothing. Those problems is the effect of low quality code. We all have this issues and there's no solution for them.

Ingvarr100th wrote:
You can do nothing. Those problems is the effect of low quality code. We all have this issues and there's no solution for them.

I'm right here. I've wrote that little life savior for myself because i either sell the thing, or trash it out the window, or....... well....... use this workaround as there is nothing else out there. AND hell yeah i want aura in my machine! It's a glowing "geode", love how it looks! (will publish once ready 100%)

Also i've noticed that Asus is covering itself with that ******* high CPU usage..... well, Philips just released the new entertainment Hue Sync software what puts Aura sync to shame and dust in a splitsecond, yet! that is using 0-0,4% CPU constant, syncing to 8 extended color bulbs over the network without a glitch!
Or Razer with it's chroma devices...... come on!!! You can even drive these addressable strips with arduino to make ambilight behind any TV.

So again, #ASUS_DO_SOMETHING!!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!.....

Thanks in advance! A fan of aura who wants to stay one.... goddamnit!

I'm using Corsair Link software to control LED strips, LED LL fans and AIO cooling also and it's well optimized working below 1% CPU usage.

Im also seeing here LightningService using around 10%+ CPU usage at times on an overclocked 8700k processor.

Ingvarr100th wrote:

You'd think a company with such great hardware and BIOSes could get software right. Writing a BIOS is ASM is a lot more challenging than Writing something like AURA or AI Suite in C#/C++ yet the software is horrible.

Ingvarr100th wrote:

Yep.*

nmyron3983 wrote:
Anytime I attempt to use Aura Sync to sync my Wraith Spire and my motherboard using the Smart Temperature setting, after a varying amount of time I receive a black screen of death, followed by an inability to boot. I have flip off the power supply, disconnect the cable, and wait 10 seconds. Then I can reinsert the cable, flip the switch and press power to boot again. If I set it to any other setting than the Smart settings, I'm fine. I am running Rainbow sync now without issues for a few hours.

Asus Prime X370-PRO

No other RGB software. Pretty much the only thing on this box is Windows, some Steam and Epic games, HWINFO x64 and Rainmeter with some skins loaded for CPU/video/disk/network monitoring. Not really necessary for temp sync to work for me, would just be kinda nifty 🙂

I may try unloading HWINFO for a while to see if that stops it while I wait for suggestions, maybe it's trying to poll the sensor that Aura Sync wants to read for temp LED control and causing a crash.

I was experiencing the exact same issue. What solved it for me was uninstalling Corsair Link.

nmyron3983 wrote:

Asus Prime X370-PRO

Same problem on this configuration:
amd 2700x
asus x470-i
TRIDENTZ RGB 2X8 3200MHZ
EVGA RTX 2070 XC
When a black screen occurs the fan of the video card goes to maximum and to turn it off I have to disconnect the power from the plug.
Do the same effects occur to you? you solved?