cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
634 REPLIES 634

jasonemon
Level 7
currently using "Rainbow Mode". everyhing works fine until the RGB light on my memory (at random time) stuck at one colour. and the RGB light on the motherboard keeps cycling on random colour per about 3s.

i need to restart my pc in order to make them runs normally.

Motherboard: ASUS Z370-E
BIOS version: 0607
Processor: Intel Core 17-8700k CPU @3.70GHz
Memory kit: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PC21000 16GB (2X8GB) - CMR16GX4M2A2666C16
Graphics card: HIS Radeon R9 390 IceQ X2
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6
Cooling solution: Noctua Nh-U14s
Aura version: 1.06.17 (also tried 1.05.28, 1.05.32.02 with same problem)

Hello everyone,

So it looks like were all mostly dealing with our own unique brand of Aura Sync problems. I've had my fair share of problems with this and I've been able to deal with all but one of them by not running the 1.06.29 version and have switched to 1.06.17. This has corrected my inconsistent G Skill memory communication and allowed for a somewhat solid RGB setup. One issue that I've not been able to correct is the addressable header. Throughout this whole endeavor, I have never had the "add strip" option show up on the top of the window. I originally thought that I would need to have a shorter WS2812B strip (I got one with 30 LEDs) to get this to show.. Nope. I'm using the connector that came with the motherboard (4-1 = 3pin). Should this be showing up as an option whether I have a strip connected or not? My build is as follows. I very much appreciate any help y'all can provide!

• ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming (latest Bios 1301)
• Intel 7920X
• G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 32GB@3200MHz
• ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-Gaming
• NZXT Kraken X62 (Just recently added the software after Aura seemed to be working - newest version)
• Corsair 6xLL140 fans and 4x LED Strips – all connected to Lighting Node Pro (Just recently added the software after Aura seemed to be working - newest version)
• Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2
• Other assorted drives but no additional RGBs.

Thank you for your time!

Ron

Pioupiou
Level 7
Hi all,

I have a little problem with Asus Aura software, it seems that the "comet" effect is really, really, REALLY too slow on my setup when compared with the video on YouTube called "How to Connect your Phanteks Case to Asus AURA" as you can see at 10:50.

Even at fastest speed, my leds are still slow, it is not smooth and when a cycle is completed, I have to wait 2-3 sec for the cycle to repeat.

My specs :
Asus Z370-e
Gskill Trident Z RGB
Asus 1080 ti Strix OC
Asus Gladius II
Aura Sync : 1.06.17 (the latest version don't save led settings when pc is off (the motherboard still shine even if i don't want to)).

Any idea ? 😞

f00j00
Level 7
Such a shame, DRAM, Motherboard and other RGB appears after installation then after restart only DRAM shows...

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS?!?

Sapphiress
Level 8
Aura hasn't worked on Windows 10 since my board came out which is really messed up seeing as how "AURA" is literally in my boards name and it was a major selling point. ASUS has recently removed all AURA downloads from the support section for my board, this will be the 3RD feature that ASUS has said this board has an either never had or has been removed. It's seriously making me contemplate buying another ASUS product. I've been a loyal customer since 2006 of ASUS because I've always had good experiences but this is nuts.

Anyway with my rant out of the way, AURA still refuses to open on Windows 10. "Aura/Sync has stopped" I've done all the usual trouble shooting steps and doesn't work...again.
Specs:
Mobo: ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/AURA
CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX600

I have Razer Chroma installed but it doesn't work if it's not installed either.
BIOS Screenshot
DXDIAG Report
SysInfo Report

Thanks.

Raidentaylor
Level 8
Hello,

This version doesn't save/sync my shutdown options. When i choose my option (Off), the software "change" to default color cycle. Anyone can tell me how to fix this? Already tried otther aura versions and clean aura and doens't work.

My gear with asus aura:
Asus Rampage V 10th edition
Asus rog GTX 1080ti

sethiol
Level 7
Have tried using various versions of Aura, last version was 1.06.17. Each version causes video drivers to crash while playing War Thunder. After uninstalling Aura, all issues with video games stopped. Its getting really old, not be able to control the RGB lights in a system I built with the idea of having lights I could control. Is there a recommendation for a more stable version? And no, I dont run any other lighting control software.

You can see my system specs in profile. Drivers are as listed:
AI Suite III 1.05.13
AMD CSD 5.12.0.38
Realtek 6.0.1.8382
B-350f 4011 bios
GeForce 397.93
ROG 1070 bios 86.04.50.00.63
Windows 10 home 1803/build 17134.48

Seraphim5683
Level 7
Hi all, I'm having a weird issue where Asus Aura 1.06.17 directly conflicts with a Sound Blaster X-Fi 5.1 Pro external USB sound card. If the sound card is connected Aura crashes on startup and the sound card's software also crashes, I have to unplug the card and plug it back in for everything to work fine again.

Hello everyone. I just bought an ROG GR8 II and wanted to try using AURA Sync. I was able to install it and use it yesterday, but today when I tried to open AURA, it immediately crashes and brings up a dialogue saying 'ASUS AURA has stopped working' and automatically sends a report to drdump.com.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but when I try that, the InstallWizard gets stuck at 0% and doesn't move forward no matter how long I wait, and I can't cancel out of it other than forcing it to end through the Task Manager.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and how I can solve it? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

PROBLEMS NOTED WITH 1.06.29

Loaded this version 12 hours ago and noted these problems. I have a basic LED configuration with MOBO LEDs and 2 CableMod strips connected to RGB headers.

1. OFF mode in "sync at shutdown" is not persistent. Set it and it reappears. MOBO does not turn OFF in sleep mode. LED strips do turn OFF in sleep.

2. MOBO shows up in status at top of window, LED strips do not appear.

3. CPU use starts at 0.3% but goes to 30 - 35 % after Aura runs for a few hours.

4. In "settings" Calibration is not persistent. Set it and next time it's checked it's reverted to original condition. Selected colors are correct however.

"CPU use" bug is the only objectionable problem. It has been present for the last several versions. Can't believe it's that hard to squash.