Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
370 REPLIES 370

MarvC wrote:
I had a major issue with 1105 as several others with the same issue, it did a number on my Maximus XI Code motherboard, performance drop on the system using this BIOS version, it did something to my USB port so no other BIOS previous to this version is recognized.

See my post on page 24 along with the gentleman with the same issue. Thank goodness for the dedicated BIOS slot on the code XI board, got rid of 1105 and all is back to normal.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105974-BIOS-ROG-Maximus-XI/page24

Oh trust me, I read over that and other posts several times in my frustration of trying to figure out what was going on! For me, the dedicated BIOS slot wasn't even work. I finally got it fixed by pulling out an old DVD drive and installing it, then copying the BIOS files from the original installation disk it to the flashdrive. Then, I went back through the process with the button and it wasn't working again. I think I turned it off while it was reading it at one point, and then tried again and it decided it wanted to read the file on the flash drive. Since then, I've updated to two or three difference BIOSes, but none of them are stable anymore.

I fear that 1105 BIOS drove too many volts and since it was reading incorrect, I didn't know. And, now, my chip is degraded. I hope that isn't the issue, but we'll see. If it is, though, I will not be a happy camper.

Jemsaal wrote:
Oh trust me, I read over that and other posts several times in my frustration of trying to figure out what was going on! For me, the dedicated BIOS slot wasn't even work. I finally got it fixed by pulling out an old DVD drive and installing it, then copying the BIOS files from the original installation disk it to the flashdrive. Then, I went back through the process with the button and it wasn't working again. I think I turned it off while it was reading it at one point, and then tried again and it decided it wanted to read the file on the flash drive. Since then, I've updated to two or three difference BIOSes, but none of them are stable anymore.

I fear that 1105 BIOS drove too many volts and since it was reading incorrect, I didn't know. And, now, my chip is degraded. I hope that isn't the issue, but we'll see. If it is, though, I will not be a happy camper.

I spent two days attempting to back-track to an earlier BIOS, to me 1105 is a faulty BIOS, its still on ASUS's website...This was a first time issue ever with a BIOS upgrade. I usually check for owners reporting the success and or shortcomings of new releases. This one I didnt and paid for that mistake.

Glad you were able to partially resolve the issue, hopefully no damage done to the CPU, its a pain in the rear spending that much time!

MarvC wrote:
I spent two days attempting to back-track to an earlier BIOS, to me 1105 is a faulty BIOS, its still on ASUS's website...This was a first time issue ever with a BIOS upgrade. I usually check for owners reporting the success and or shortcomings of new releases. This one I didnt and paid for that mistake.

Glad you were able to partially resolve the issue, hopefully no damage done to the CPU, its a pain in the rear spending that much time!

I usually wait a while to update BIOS as well. However, I have about seven hundred dollars worth of parts to install over the next week and I wanted to update the BIOS and see where I can get with Benchmarks. Maybe push my OC a bit after getting my other two loops installed (yes, overkill, but I enjoy it!). Of course now, I'm sitting here wondering why I'd ever put three loops on a system that can't run anything past stock without crashing.

I can't express how upset I am with Asus at the moment. If that BIOS really did damage my chip, I'll be buying a new board and chip in six months (this one is only six months old) and the board definitely won't be Asus. Not after I took a quick gander today and noticed other socket-sized boards having problem with their BIOSes as well in new updates. And that's a shame since I used to only buy Asus MOBOs. I even have my Rampage III Formula still sitting in my closet with my I7-940 in it. Earler this year, I got an MSI ACE for this I9, and returned it because I felt like I was settling and instead, went for the Formula.

Now, I wish I hadn't.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
odd issue. no idea what is going on. same happens to me yesterday. i manage to put the bios. but on a same machine as mine. minus the gpu that is a 2080ti, mine is a 1080ti. and apps are not working. spend 6 to 8 h trying to troubleshot that.

On the oc department. and i do not have a voltimeter. I make a oc to 5.0 something basic. numbers on voltage where the same as AI suite and hwinfo64. i am going the 1105 with no issues and no blue screen. since i have the 360aio. also is reporting the same numbers on the other 3 apps.

so odd stuff what is going on.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
odd issue. no idea what is going on. same happens to me yesterday. i manage to put the bios. but on a same machine as mine. minus the gpu that is a 2080ti, mine is a 1080ti. and apps are not working. spend 6 to 8 h trying to troubleshot that.

On the oc department. and i do not have a voltimeter. I make a oc to 5.0 something basic. numbers on voltage where the same as AI suite and hwinfo64. i am going the 1105 with no issues and no blue screen. since i have the 360aio. also is reporting the same numbers on the other 3 apps.

so odd stuff what is going on.

Honestly, after my experience, I'd buy a 20-30 dollar multimeter from Amazon and test the volts at the VRMs. All of my software says my volts are great. But the temps look too high any time I try to push the system, which is indicative of volts being to high.

6kbyte
Level 7
I just want you to know that i had problems with the new BIOS v1105 too.

My System:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390
Intel 9900k (stock clocks, undervolted)
G.Skill Trident 3600MHz CL15 DDR4 RAM (2x 8GB)

I came from BIOS v1005 where everything was okay before. After upgrading to v1105 last week i noticed that die BIOS didnt updated my Intel ME Firmware as expected so i did it manually. A few days the system seemed to be stable with no problems at all but then i noticed some very strange issues with my mouse! While i was at windows/idle or while gaming (different games), randomly my mouse started lagging (iam not sure but i suspect it depended on the load state of the cpu or ram even i was unable to repruduce the issue). One unwanted system crash/reboot (without bsod) happend too - never had this before. In case that few days after the bios update everything was fine and i didnt changed anything (no windows updates either) i searched the cause for my mouse issues in something else then the new bios. I tried everything:

- another mouse
- another usb port
- reinstalled mouse driver/software
- reinstalled chipset driver
- reinstalled gpu driver
- reinstalled sound driver
- reinstalled nvme driver
- checked windows updates
- checked windows energy saver settings
- checked BIOS settings
- resetted BIOS
- checked windows background tasks and services
- checked cpu workload
- set cpu, gpu, ram @default
- deactivated cpu c-states
- and... finaly... reinstalled the whole system

...nothing helped so i did a flashback to BIOS v1005 and everything is working fine now. The troubleshooting wasted a lot of time and was very annoying - in the end iam pretty sure the bios must have to be blamed even if it worked a few days without problems.

Sorry for my bad englisch!

tousmic88
Level 7
Aucun soucis avec le bios 1005 sur Maximus XI Héro 🙂

tousmic88
Level 7
1105 pardon 🙂

Luck100
Level 7
I'm running 1105 with no problems, overclocked to 4.9 GHz with offset voltage. No noticeable difference from previous BIOS versions.

Luck100 wrote:
I'm running 1105 with no problems, overclocked to 4.9 GHz with offset voltage. No noticeable difference from previous BIOS versions.

Same here 9700k at 5ghz all cores, no difference to previous bios, voltage reading are the same too.