Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
370 REPLIES 370

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I just updated my bios tonight from 805 to 1005 on my Hero XI. I've been kinda busy these last few months, so after building this rig and getting it running well enough to play games without any crashing or instability , I left things as they were. Didn't really get to start digging into all these neat new features and settings until this week.

I can definitely say that I'm already seeing a significant improvement over 805. Just for the heck of it, I tried playing with the AI tuning feature. On 805 it suggested my 9700k could run at 5.2ghz, however it was totally unstable at that speed. Barely made it past POST, would either get stuck in a boot loop trying to adjust settings, or make it to windows login and crash when running a brief stress test. So I had turned it down to 5.0 and everything was good for gaming after there. A few occasional hiccups that had me wondering if I could get it running better if I really sat down and put in the effort to explore the new features and set more of them manually.

So, tonight I flashed 1005 and figured I'd repeat what I did last time. Reset to defaults, ran AI tuning, booted @5.2ghz on the first try! Ran a Intel XTU stress test for 15 mins. Passed. Temps didn't go over 72C. Voltage topped out @1.393v. (maybe I could get that a bit lower) Ran Realbench for 15, same. Seems stable. And idk, everything just feel snappier. Really quick boot. Windows loaded fast. Did a bit of gaming tonight, no problems. Lookin good so far!

I'm really looking forward to actually familiarizing myself with all the new features and seeing just how high I can go, and just how low I can get these voltages. Haven't really seen what this CPU can do yet! Speaking of new features, I could swear that a bunch of thes settings im seeing in the UEFI wasn't on the original 602 bios... Anything I should know about them?
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

SinisterDev85 wrote:
I just updated my bios tonight from 805 to 1005 on my Hero XI. I've been kinda busy these last few months, so after building this rig and getting it running well enough to play games without any crashing or instability , I left things as they were. Didn't really get to start digging into all these neat new features and settings until this week.

I can definitely say that I'm already seeing a significant improvement over 805. Just for the heck of it, I tried playing with the AI tuning feature. On 805 it suggested my 9700k could run at 5.2ghz, however it was totally unstable at that speed. Barely made it past POST, would either get stuck in a boot loop trying to adjust settings, or make it to windows login and crash when running a brief stress test. So I had turned it down to 5.0 and everything was good for gaming after there. A few occasional hiccups that had me wondering if I could get it running better if I really sat down and put in the effort to explore the new features and set more of them manually.

So, tonight I flashed 1005 and figured I'd repeat what I did last time. Reset to defaults, ran AI tuning, booted @5.2ghz on the first try! Ran a Intel XTU stress test for 15 mins. Passed. Temps didn't go over 72C. Voltage topped out @1.393v. (maybe I could get that a bit lower) Ran Realbench for 15, same. Seems stable. And idk, everything just feel snappier. Really quick boot. Windows loaded fast. Did a bit of gaming tonight, no problems. Lookin good so far!

I'm really looking forward to actually familiarizing myself with all the new features and seeing just how high I can go, and just how low I can get these voltages. Haven't really seen what this CPU can do yet! Speaking of new features, I could swear that a bunch of thes settings im seeing in the UEFI wasn't on the original 602 bios... Anything I should know about them?

What new things?
What new settings did you see?
And you really should be using HWinfo64, and have it running in sensor mode when doing the XTU and Realbench 2.56 stress tests. Look for logged WHEA errors at the bottom. You need to run realbench 2.56 stress for 1 to 2 hours. 15 minutes isn't enough to show anything. Realbench can pass happily and you can still get WHEA correctable errors or BSOD. HWinfo64 will show them at the bottom.

Falkentyne wrote:
What new things?
What new settings did you see?
And you really should be using HWinfo64, and have it running in sensor mode when doing the XTU and Realbench 2.56 stress tests. Look for logged WHEA errors at the bottom. You need to run realbench 2.56 stress for 1 to 2 hours. 15 minutes isn't enough to show anything. Realbench can pass happily and you can still get WHEA correctable errors or BSOD. HWinfo64 will show them at the bottom.

I'd have to go into the UEFI and check. I'm positive that I saw new, unfamiliar settings, under several of the tabs and especially under some of the drop down menus too, that weren't present in the bios my Hero XI came with. (either 506 or 602, can't remember)
Good thing you mentioned HWinfo64, I gotta DL that on here still. I've got HWmonitor, Cpuz and a few benchmarking and stress testing tools. Gotta get that setup too. And, yeah I usually spend alot more time tweaking and stress testing. Just haven't had as much free time to really dive in lately. I was just surprised by my initial observations of performance and stability after upgrading from 805 to 1005 last night. I know that more testing needs to be done. Planning on going to through some of that tonight. But my first impressions of 1005 were lookin good. I've been itching to really familiarize my with all the new features of the XI. My last build was on a H8Alpha. Been alotta changes since then it seems.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

Lotzi
Level 7
Bios 0905 AND 1005 has the SAME Build Date 10.04.2019
why?

Since flashing 1005 on hero XI I'm having issues with booting. Occasionally it takes me to the bios screen that says memory ok press f1 to enter setup. After entering the bios hss raised the Io and SA voltage a little. I can either leave it or change it back to what I had and then will boot fine. Seems to be doing this every few boots. Wasnt doing it ever before this bios update.

Mobber wrote:
Since flashing 1005 on hero XI I'm having issues with booting. Occasionally it takes me to the bios screen that says memory ok press f1 to enter setup. After entering the bios hss raised the Io and SA voltage a little. I can either leave it or change it back to what I had and then will boot fine. Seems to be doing this every few boots. Wasnt doing it ever before this bios update.

I have the same exact issue!

I've saved my settings to a profile and when it happens I load the profile and save and reset and boots into windows fine.

Thought it was maybe my vccio settings too low for 4x 8gb 4266 ram.. guess not maybe if other people are having the same issue

I've set my vccio to 1.325v I believe to please the gods and still happens on both a cold start and even a reboot at times.. reboot from windows sometimes the pc will **** down and boot up with that memory message.

Hi everyone!:cool:

Tired of regulating these voltages every time when starting my PC. Does any one know how to fix them stable at where they are at the moment: 1.40; 1,36; 1,36 ???

Mobber wrote:

Memory training process changed your DRAM voltages due to instability. I guess you have >4000 MHz. Set DRAM voltage to XMP profile and try to manually set VCCIO i VCCSA to minimum voltages providing normal boot into Windows or on auto. In some cases DRAM voltages from XMP profile may require some tuning (>4000 MHz). The same issue may arise when you try to tighten timings.

I'm running 32gb ram at xmp 4000C17. I've manually set IO and SA to 1.2 and dram voltage is xmp set 1.35. I wasn't having this issue ever before this bios update. I've updated every bios since release.

Mobber wrote:
I'm running 32gb ram at xmp 4000C17. I've manually set IO and SA to 1.2 and dram voltage is xmp set 1.35. I wasn't having this issue ever before this bios update. I've updated every bios since release.

So you have to increase voltages or wait for new bios 🙂