Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
370 REPLIES 370

leerock360 wrote:
did u use asus rename tool to rename the file before u flashed 0905 ? I did that before i flashed mine

Yeah i did it this time and now it works, still think there was something wrong with the rams.
But wtf, it works now so Im happy again. 😛

KaptenSkoglund wrote:
Yeah i did it this time and now it works, still think there was something wrong with the rams.
But wtf, it works now so Im happy again. 😛

happy days. At least it works now 

eclypse
Level 7
Yup.. tried lowering the dram voltage to 1.4050v and it runs at 1.414v and instant freeze on realbench stress test 16gb ram.

Change it back to 1.41v and it runs 1.432v on load.. all is fine. Hopefully that voltage is fine.

pennyboy
Level 9
Updated last night, held my breath LOL. Went from the first BIOS release to 0905, so far so good.

Updated bios today(0905). The temperature of my I7 8700K and Maximus XI hero jumped up like 10 degrees. Rolled back 0602 is everything is just fine. Running now on 35-45 without stressing. With stressing goes up 71-75.

From my side still 0602 is the most stable bios.

Just FYI.

REGARDS,
SELYNELAR

Selynelar wrote:
Updated bios today(0905). The temperature of my I7 8700K and Maximus XI hero jumped up like 10 degrees. Rolled back 0602 is everything is just fine. Running now on 35-45 without stressing. With stressing goes up 71-75.

From my side still 0602 is the most stable bios.

Just FYI.

REGARDS,
SELYNELAR

It does appear that Bios 0602 is more suited to 8700K which has a uCode of 96Ah everything after that version the change in uCode seems to slow everything down, I loose 30fps with 0905 in Cinebench. So unless we upgrade to the 9 series (can't see the point) it looks like we are stuck with 0602.

Don't forget that all these Bios update are geared for the 9 series, 8's old hat.

no1yak wrote:
It does appear that Bios 0602 is more suited to 8700K which has a uCode of 96Ah everything after that version the change in uCode seems to slow everything down, I loose 30fps with 0905 in Cinebench. So unless we upgrade to the 9 series (can't see the point) it looks like we are stuck with 0602.

Don't forget that all these Bios update are geared for the 9 series, 8's old hat.

Yes it is true. Looks like from now on for us it is not necessary to update the bios even that the new ones mess up our config. So I stay from now on 0602. Anyway i will follow up this thread if anyone will confirm a newer bios will work for us also properly. But as use to say: "WHAT IS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT". :cool:

no1yak wrote:

I'm still on 0602 with my 9900K. It is still the best BIOS for me on the Hero XI. That said, I usually am one to run an older BIOS...not broke don't fix it approach. I try to assemble the most compatible parts from the start and that helps. Many BIOS updates are to expand compatibility. BIOS updates aren't like they were from back in the days when large chunks of performance could be found in an update. Abit was famous for finding better performance and OCs for many months post board release. Now days...not so much.

drop4205
Level 12
0905 on Maximus XI Formula all good. Never had any other bios to try as I flashvbacked to 0905 before booting into bios the first time. It is a new build and breadboarded it this past weekend with a coolermaster air cooler itll I get the system in the case and finish the loop. 32 to 35c without stressing. Realbench 70c no issues. First board I have had that I can actually hit xmp and it has no issues with memory. Set memory manually afterwards. Played a few games on it and no issues at all
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
0905 on Maximus XI Formula all good. Never had any other bios to try as I flashvbacked to 0905 before booting into bios the first time. It is a new build and breadboarded it this past weekend with a coolermaster air cooler itll I get the system in the case and finish the loop. 32 to 35c without stressing. Realbench 70c no issues. First board I have had that I can actually hit xmp and it has no issues with memory. Set memory manually afterwards. Played a few games on it and no issues at all

same results here. I wish that at the moment i got my code xi, the formula was availble
Learn, Play Enjoy!