Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
370 REPLIES 370

Itzycharles wrote:
ok did you add the MEupdate? if you not do not do it for the test since i can not be remove

i did the me update that was listed for my board since 0803, since then there is no newer one.
are me updates included in bios updates too? do i need to update evertime if i update my bios?
the support site is just a little confusing, if 0803 comes out they listet this version 12.0.22.1310 and now after the latest bios, there is same version listed again but with newer post date. so is it now the same me update or is there a difference, because version number is the same as before.

i am actually not sure if i should stay on 0905, because now i am using 5ghz to get the same performance like on 0805 with 4.9ghz

M2k1980 wrote:
maybe my post wasnt clear. i have problems with dram voltage, not with vccio or system management voltage, these both i have lowered to 1.15V and 1.10. it made no difference for the stability, with these voltages i had only enable mrc fast boot, or boot up time is very slow.
when i build my system and tested with with the voltages of my dram (g.skill 3600mhz cl15), vccio and system management was on auto ( asus set it to 1.4~V) - at this time i tested with games and got crashes of bf5 and bo4. then i set more dram voltage for testing in 0.005 steps. and now i am at 1.365V and games seems to stop crashing.
the reason why i have tested to rise up the dram voltage was, 1.35V was set but the bios shows only 1.34V.
and now with 1.365V , XMP1 and mode 2 i can use command rate N1 instead of 2 - so i got a little more boost.

but the question is now, why need g-skill Ram more dram voltage as saved in their xmp profile - board bad? bios bad? or ram bad?

@Itzycharles
as i said its now cooler with 5ghz, is correct, but with latest bios has now same performance with 5ghz compared to bios 0805 with 4.9ghz.
would you say this is in improvement?
i think its not. same performance on 4.9ghz and less heat, this would be an improvement, for my opinion

I've read nothing but people saying the CPU needs more vccio for the internal memory controller for over 4000mhz. 1.31-1.34v. That wasn't helping so I figured my CPU's IMC sucked and could not do above 4000mhz since I'm using 4 dimms.

It wasn't because of a weak IMC or not enough VCCIO voltage.

Also the ram was set for its rated 1.4v actually showed 1.414 in the bios.

Since you mentioned being kicked to desktop in BF5 and raising the dram voltage fixed that I figured that was the same issue I had and rising the dram voltage was the fix. So this board must not supply enough voltage or something to the ram.

I did not put a probe on the board to test the dram voltage. Next time I open the case up I'll test it.. just a pain needing to remove 2 glass panels.

Yup! Kinda nuts but raising the dram voltage a hair was all that was needed to run the rated set at 4266! Not the vccio voltage!

No more your ram was reset at post and being kicked back to the desktop out of nowhere in bf5!

Strange though that with 4.1v for dram voltage.. under load it jumps to 4.35v :/. Guess I'll have to try 4.050v.

Happy!

Now to try for 5.3ghz on my 9900k again.

M2k1980
Level 7
so now i am on 905, it seems 805 is getting faster results in benchmark compared to the two last bios versions. i cant tell much about the voltages, but i think you are right that the system is a little cooler with the latest bios

am actually using xmp1 with mode2 and command rate N1, there i get the fastest results. vvcio and system agent i have set to 1.15 and 1.10 and enabled mrc fast boot in dram timing options, or it take to long to boot.

but the funny thing is, the problem that i need more dram voltage exists already on default settings, i tried xmp1, mode auto, mode 1 and 2, also xmp2 with auto, mode 1 and 2.
all games close after some time without a message. i tried all existiing bios versions. i tested this with battlefield 5 and black ops 4, it happens in both games with 1.35V.
now i am on 1.365V this seems to be stable after some hours of gaming. with 1.35V the system dont crash, benchmarks working without a problem, only games are closing after some minutes.

M2k1980 wrote:
so now i am on 905, it seems 805 is getting faster results in benchmark compared to the two last bios versions. i cant tell much about the voltages, but i think you are right that the system is a little cooler with the latest bios

am actually using xmp1 with mode2 and command rate N1, there i get the fastest results. vvcio and system agent i have set to 1.15 and 1.10 and enabled mrc fast boot in dram timing options, or it take to long to boot.

but the funny thing is, the problem that i need more dram voltage exists already on default settings, i tried xmp1, mode auto, mode 1 and 2, also xmp2 with auto, mode 1 and 2.
all games close after some time without a message. i tried all existiing bios versions. i tested this with battlefield 5 and black ops 4, it happens in both games with 1.35V.
now i am on 1.365V this seems to be stable after some hours of gaming. with 1.35V the system dont crash, benchmarks working without a problem, only games are closing after some minutes.

That is fantastic KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!

i am helping a friend that have issues also like these with another model board (prime z390-a) and report the same variables. what change??? not a clue but less temps is a plus fro all of us. just test on both scenarios and enjoy. There is a lot of changes with drivers bios and windows. the only thing we can bo is having all up to date and wait what will come on 4 weeks with new windows.

Just make sure that you have the last bios, last drivers (mei/chipset/ethernet and or not the MEUpdate (i am trying to get these to the help desk that push these MEI driver available. ) OR use pure drivers from the post but is all or none. I hope you get these. since you can not mix. these

Aside that..... happy Sunday.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Went on and flashed my xi extreme mb and after the restart i just get a black screen? Wtf did i do wrong? And how do i solve it? 🙂

KaptenSkoglund wrote:
Went on and flashed my xi extreme mb and after the restart i just get a black screen? Wtf did i do wrong? And how do i solve it? 🙂

i flashed my extreme and it works. 

Ok so i have tryed to flash from USB, the latest version 0905 with no function. I tryed to flash it with 0805 that I had before that was working for me and it wont boot now either.

It seems to get stuck on Memory code 04?

I havent changed anything so what cant be the problem?

Take out the ram and install them again and try or?

KaptenSkoglund wrote:
Ok so i have tryed to flash from USB, the latest version 0905 with no function. I tryed to flash it with 0805 that I had before that was working for me and it wont boot now either.

It seems to get stuck on Memory code 04?

I havent changed anything so what cant be the problem?

Take out the ram and install them again and try or?

Ok, so i took out the rams and installed them again and flashed to 0805 and it worked, i have my fingers crossed that it will work with 0905 now.

KaptenSkoglund wrote:
Ok, so i took out the rams and installed them again and flashed to 0805 and it worked, i have my fingers crossed that it will work with 0905 now.

did u use asus rename tool to rename the file before u flashed 0905 ? I did that before i flashed mine