Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

MoKiChU
Level 40
370 REPLIES 370

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Code Xi is running fine on 0602 with 9900k. in fact too fine. 5.1 1.29 24/7 kraken x74 max temp 80C 1 core after 4 hours and with 3600mhz mxp2 With stock, defauld values with xmp2 is 2070 cine bench. I ok, beside crate and easy update there is no update. I will wait until i finish some work here and get a new NVME and make a clean installa with new 0703. i like asus. I live eat and sleep with asus. BUT on description of what is what NEED a lot of work. I trust my 0602 for the moment. until i got more info if what is 0702 and on 7 days another bios
Learn, Play Enjoy! We help and collaborate, NOT complain!

mdzcpa
Level 12
On my Hero XI I am running stable with 0702. However I have noticed DXE routine at boot up (Code 64) is taking much longer. DXE can be halted or lagged due to memory issues. I suspect something off in the new BIOS. I may be flashing back to 0602.

mdzcpa wrote:
On my Hero XI I am running stable with 0702. However I have noticed DXE routine at boot up (Code 64) is taking much longer. DXE can be halted or lagged due to memory issues. I suspect something off in the new BIOS. I may be flashing back to 0602.

Update: Setting Maximus Tweak 1 cut down on the DXE time. Back down to 10 seconds or so now. On 0602 that was just left on Auto.

mdzcpa wrote:
Update: Setting Maximus Tweak 1 cut down on the DXE time. Back down to 10 seconds or so now. On 0602 that was just left on Auto.

Flashed back to 0602. Back to quick boot ups now. No more lag on DXE stage of the boot process.

I'm guessing they worked on the memory training for the new BIOS perhaps to help with compatibility. Maybe.

I should know better than to update the BIOS when nothing needs fixing. 0602 works very well for me.

mdzcpa wrote:

I'm guessing they worked on the memory training for the new BIOS perhaps to help with compatibility. Maybe.

Could be related to 128GB support:
https://www.eteknix.com/asus-rolling-out-z390-bios-updates-for-128gb-ddr4-support/

But ASUS release notes don't say much of anything, so who knows if 128GB support is in this version or still upcoming.

dingo99 wrote:
https://www.eteknix.com/asus-rolling-out-z390-bios-updates-for-128gb-ddr4-support/

But ASUS release notes don't say much of anything, so who knows if 128GB support is in this version or still upcoming.

No idea. 128 is like overkill for almost all operations. Unless there are specific OCTANE or 8k video production. But for that there is other cpu for the task. Aside of refresh of 9900k without igpu, that ASUS can make a bios that disable that in bios.

aside these. there is no information on the bios.
Learn, Play Enjoy! We help and collaborate, NOT complain!

dingo99 wrote:

Very good theory. The memory training seems very drawn out in the new BIOS

mdzcpa wrote:
Very good theory. The memory training seems very drawn out in the new BIOS

Think there's a better way to "teach"? The memOK! Switch?

I will stay on bios stock for my asus maximus XI formula ATM.
The latest is 0703 and theres no information about it .
If it is related to livedash not loading preloaded animated gifs, then I will flash it .
Btw anyone has or manage to load the preloaded animated gifs?
Because mine is not loading , cpu temps dram etc are working
I have the latest aura, AI suite, livedash installed .
Any tricks to make it work?any tricks?

Thanks

Ch3vr0n
Level 11
It's as safe as it has been the last couple years. We're no longer in risky DOS bios days. Flashed mine twice already, there's been 2 releases.