cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

New version of Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG-PRIME-TUF) has just been released :

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) - Latest version [31/10/2019] :
----Drivers : 6.0.8827.1 WHQL
----SS3 Extension Driver : 1.2.5.59003 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.5.1.0 WHQL
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!gd9EgYyL!-IMt4ijezqVmeMhuLX-7xPY2ynYSd3FQLcAI2JPQozg

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) - Latest version [31/10/2019] :
----SS3 Extension Driver : 1.3.4.0 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.5.1.0 WHQL
----DTSX Ultra APO4x Extension Driver : 1.1.2.0 WHQL
----DTSX Ultra APO4x HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.4.5.0 WHQL
----DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.1.4.0 WHQL
----DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!IRkWCSCa!fqgs67E6ffHNUhDBpLr_gFwcUa1IlSD-LIiDmDBlh3Q

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME-TUF DTS) - Latest version [31/10/2019] :
----DTSX Ultra APO4x Extension Driver : 1.1.2.0 WHQL
----DTSX Ultra APO4x HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.4.5.0 WHQL
----DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.1.4.0 WHQL
----DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.2.2.0 WHQL
----DTS HPXv1 APO3x Extension Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL
----DTS HPXv1 APO3x HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.1.0.0 WHQL
----DTS Custom APO3x Extension Driver : 1.0.9.1 WHQL
----DTS Custom APO3x HSA SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.1.10.1 WHQL
----DTS APO3x Core SoftwareComponent|SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.1.1.0 WHQL
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!BE0QTaIQ!Rba0oDU1-TktU6zkb6tH2qDndV3ACBRNNOLpIMxyIEU

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG-PRIME-TUF RTK) - Latest version [31/10/2019] :
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!JJt2HaKK!SA3j1YhnLvKunHX8F3NSPkGAy5zlW6QaFhMOUyjo-Cw

Thread updated.

Same version again?

And btw.: still getting that weird sound I described in post #705:

Edit:
I forgot to mention another sound issue with the previous driver:
6.0.8816.1 WHQL has an issue with changing sound outputs.
I've got a 5.1 surround sound system and a stereo headset.
When changing the main output from the headset back to 5.1 in Windows 10 via the tray volume icon, the sound sometimes just doesn't work right.
In most apps and programs, there is just no sound output. When rapidly clicking the volume slider - just to trigger the system sound for changing the volume - there is a very strange output of that sound... seems like there have some bits gone lost on the way to the speakers.

This happens now when having an empty text box from e. g. Outlook and just clearing that box with backspace.
When pressing backspace once more, a windows sound informs you that the box is already empty.
To trigger that weird sound, you have to hold the backspace key for a little longer time so that the sound would normally repeat.

I am always doing fresh installs of the driver with complete cleaning procedure.

If not reconstructable, I can provide you a sample.

oasis789
Level 7
Edit: Issue resolved, thanks

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hello,

i have the maximus x hero and i installed AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3_v6.0.8831.1 after DDU.The cracking sound on browser fixed but i experience cracking sound on games.(Red dead redeption 2)

Any help?

Thank you!

I have the prime x470 pro and I installed the "Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME-TUF DTS) - Latest version [04/11/2019] " from the first page but it only gives me stereo out of my optical jack. Isn't it supposed to allow dts? I've tried several different versions and none of them work. Even the windows store won't allow my to install the Realtel Audio Control.

gieffe22
Level 7
i'm the only one that sometimes noticed a lower volume output? i have frequently the feeling that during the day output be lower (i had 4 rog laptops on last 2 years, and i feel the same in all of these, but not on my older asus "normal" K550 series laptop with conexant audio).

Maybe is just an impression?

Well, there's maybe a way to improve gain like it was possibible with older HDA with fine tuning tool from asus? Some sites have very lower volume level, so should be great having a audio leveler to the same amount of DB

MoKiChU wrote:

For you're PRIME X470-PRO, you need ROG-PRIME-TUF RTK tutorial/drivers.

Besides the specs, this motherboard's support page let you download Sonic Studio v3 and Sonic Radar v3 too:

Version 6.0.1.8339
2018/03/29578.97 MBytes
Realtek Audio Driver
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8339 for Windows Windows 10 64-bit---(WHQL).
- Sonic Radar V3.6.26.48019 for Windows Windows 10 64-bit---(WHQL).
- Sonic Studio V3.6.26.48019 for Windows Windows 10 64-bit---(WHQL).

If you install the latest ROG-PRIME-TUF RTK drivers, you will loose these, they only work with the driver provided in the zip archive.

MoKiChU wrote:
Thank you for not telling nonsense and confusing where it is already quite abstract for a lot of people ...

- He can not lose something he has never had and he will never have. If there is no SS3&SR3 in the audio specs of her PRIME X470-PRO motherboard, it will never be able to install/use SS3&SR3 (and besides SS3&SR3 are exclusive to ROG motherboards).
- You talk about HDA drivers (probably from official motherboard support page) in a UAD drivers thread.
- It is not because ASUS packages all its apps in the same drivers package that all the apps contained in the package are usable for your motherboard.

Lets put aside sarcasm and take a look at the facts:

- Oh yes he will lose it, if he installs the driver in this thread. You are right, the SS3 is not on the specification page. Btw on the download page you can find it and download it yourself, like any other person who bought this motherboard. And it works too! But only with the driver in the zip file. I know what I'm speaking, I have the same motherboard.

- True.
Note/warning: with this motherboard, if you try to use any UAD driver you will lose SS3. Then you can only use the Realtek app from MS Store.

- They've packaged SS3 into this motherboards audio zip package, and it works with it. But only with that driver. If you try to use a newer (or older) driver (UAD/HDA doesn't matter) you will lose SS3.

Let this be a warning to any owners of this motherboard. You have two choices:
- Use SS3 with the audio driver in the zip package (and don't even try to upgrade the audio driver, ever)
- Forget SS3 and you can update your audio driver. UAD or HDA? You decide.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
no idea the changes? @MoKiChU
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
no idea the changes? @MoKiChU

quote, changes (even just the major ones) should be much appreciated