cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need this one for your motherboard : Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3).

Thank you

When the "Nahimic service" (Windows\system32\NahimicService.exe) is running - it becomes difficult to search for a keyword in Regedit, it shows very high power usage in Task Manager and everything becomes significantly slower (opening/maximizing programs' windows, even moving the mouse cursor), and it shows the result significantly slower too. Stopping the service solves the issue.

Windows 10 LTSC v1809, X470-F (BIOS 5204), Ryzen 3000.
Tried 6.0.1.8666 from the official support page of the motherboard and the latest one downloaded from this thread.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

New version of Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF) has just been released :

Thread updated.

Hi do you happen to preserve the previous one? Cause this one does not install Sonic and Realtek control panels and I have no Windows Store.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

New version of Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF) has just been released :

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) - Latest version [20/08/2019] :

Sadly starting from this one it does not install any apps (Realtek control panel, Sonic Studio).
For example, 6.0.1.8666 (ASUS) installs everything fine, I just run AsusSetup.exe, it asks for reboot, after reboot it starts itself + realtek processes + powershell and then I have everything installed. And the last of your drivers that installed everything was either the one from 13/08 or the one before it, and both 20/08 and that newer "Release candidate" does not install the apps at all.

Long_Y0! wrote:
Sadly starting from this one it does not install any apps (Realtek control panel, Sonic Studio).
For example, 6.0.1.8666 (ASUS) installs everything fine, I just run AsusSetup.exe, it asks for reboot, after reboot it starts itself + realtek processes + powershell and then I have everything installed. And the last of your drivers that installed everything was either the one from 13/08 or the one before it, and both 20/08 and that newer "Release candidate" does not install the apps at all.

This is an issue I have been having as well.

Spagettifritz
Level 7
Hi,

I'm on the ROG X299-E. For the last 5 weeks, Sonic Studio worked perfectly. Then I got an update for the Sonic Studio via Microsoft Store and now I have the same problem as before the last 5 weeks; Sonic Studio has no effect on browsers Chrome and Firefox. Edge's settings cannot be changed, that's okay; Internet Explorer works just fine with effects.
It keeps happening that the effects work for a few weeks and then, with an update, they suddenly stop working again.
Latest UAD Driver for ROG with SSx and without DTS is installed (currently the version from the last post, 6.0.8781.1)

Does somebody have the same issues with Chrome and Firefox?
Is it a single user problem or does it affect any other users here?

Best regards from Germany.

Spagettifritz wrote:
Hi,

I'm on the ROG X299-E. For the last 5 weeks, Sonic Studio worked perfectly. Then I got an update for the Sonic Studio via Microsoft Store and now I have the same problem as before the last 5 weeks; Sonic Studio has no effect on browsers Chrome and Firefox. Edge's settings cannot be changed, that's okay; Internet Explorer works just fine with effects.
It keeps happening that the effects work for a few weeks and then, with an update, they suddenly stop working again.
Latest UAD Driver for ROG with SSx and without DTS is installed (currently the version from the last post, 6.0.8781.1)

Does somebody have the same issues with Chrome and Firefox?
Is it a single user problem or does it affect any other users here?

Best regards from Germany.

I am having the same issues. I tried everything to fix it. I tried to even go back to the original drivers from my Asus GL703VM and it does this.
What I tried,
I tried original drivers from the GL-703-VM's Global page. SS3 doesn't stick. It works once and stops working.
I tried the newest drivers on the front page, Nothing.
Tried windows 10's newest Realtek drivers from the catalog. Nothing.
Tried the newest posted driver, Nothing.
And btw every attempt was done with a fresh install.
So like if it didn't work with original drivers I fresh installed and kept trying everything I listed. Yes extreme but the reason I went this far was to eliminate software issues from user error. I have determined its a windows 10 thing. I have started having issues with all of asus's programs as of late. Like monitor color modes in the gaming cetner stopped working after the 1903 update. in 1809 all the ICM profiles swapped like they should but after 1903 they stopped working.

josepepowner wrote:
I am having the same issues. I tried everything to fix it. I tried to even go back to the original drivers from my Asus GL703VM and it does this.
What I tried,
I tried original drivers from the GL-703-VM's Global page. SS3 doesn't stick. It works once and stops working.
I tried the newest drivers on the front page, Nothing.
Tried windows 10's newest Realtek drivers from the catalog. Nothing.
Tried the newest posted driver, Nothing.
And btw every attempt was done with a fresh install.
So like if it didn't work with original drivers I fresh installed and kept trying everything I listed. Yes extreme but the reason I went this far was to eliminate software issues from user error. I have determined its a windows 10 thing. I have started having issues with all of asus's programs as of late. Like monitor color modes in the gaming cetner stopped working after the 1903 update. in 1809 all the ICM profiles swapped like they should but after 1903 they stopped working.

I have this problem aswell and even made a topic about it- https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111400-z370f-and-Sonic-Studio-III-Firefox-issue
First I was testing with Firefox and it was bugged- SS3 just stopped working at some point and I had to create a new tab or restart my browser. Now I have this problem in Google Chrome and it's even worse, because it's harder to 'fix'. In Firefox creating a new tab was enough, meanwhile in Chrome I need to experiment- unplugging headphones and waiting like 5secs, then plugging again or reseting Chrome Browser. Sonic Studio 3 always works when I'm displaying movies from my HDD, there's no problem, but when it comes to Chrome and Firefox it's just a mess, seems like connection between SS and application just stops working.
Waiting for a fix.

dyymeek wrote:
I have this problem aswell and even made a topic about it- https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?111400-z370f-and-Sonic-Studio-III-Firefox-issue
First I was testing with Firefox and it was bugged- SS3 just stopped working at some point and I had to create a new tab or restart my browser. Now I have this problem in Google Chrome and it's even worse, because it's harder to 'fix'. In Firefox creating a new tab was enough, meanwhile in Chrome I need to experiment- unplugging headphones and waiting like 5secs, then plugging again or reseting Chrome Browser. Sonic Studio 3 always works when I'm displaying movies from my HDD, there's no problem, but when it comes to Chrome and Firefox it's just a mess, seems like connection between SS and application just stops working.
Waiting for a fix.

So then it must be a Windows 10 thing.
This is super frustrating because when I'm gaming or on discord having the volume just randomly get quiet is super annoying.

What bothers me most is I've tried just using the base realtek drivers without ss3 and I can't because the sound quality and even volume ends up being trash.

Someone if you have a fix please let us know.

josepepowner wrote:
So then it must be a Windows 10 thing.
This is super frustrating because when I'm gaming or on discord having the volume just randomly get quiet is super annoying.

What bothers me most is I've tried just using the base realtek drivers without ss3 and I can't because the sound quality and even volume ends up being trash.

Someone if you have a fix please let us know.

This is also an issue I have been having and is why I reverted back to the old style of drivers not the UAD type found here.