cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

MoKiChU wrote:
After analyzing the situation, this new NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver 1.4.1.0 WHQL can only be installed via Windows Update over NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver 1.3.2.0 WHQL (for the moment in any case).

- If the package directly contains the NH3/SS3 APO 1.4.1.0 WHQL : SS3 hangs
- If the package does not contain any NH3/SS3 APO and the NH3/SS3 APO 1.4.1.0 WHQL is directly download via Windows Update : SS3 hangs
- If the package contain the NH3/SS3 APO 1.3.2.0 WHQL and the NH3/SS3 APO 1.4.1.0 WHQL is directly download via Windows Update : OK

How can you install it over windows update ?

I swear there isn't many pieces of software working on this machine. Lighting service hangs and sonic studio is a now show on a fresh install of windows 10 pro 1903. I wacked the machine to day and completely reloaded everything... Nothing changed Still jacked up. Aww man this is getting old.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
How can you install it over windows update ?

I swear there isn't many pieces of software working on this machine. Lighting service hangs and sonic studio is a now show on a fresh install of windows 10 pro 1903. I wacked the machine to day and completely reloaded everything... Nothing changed Still jacked up. Aww man this is getting old.

SS3 actually showed up by fresh install for you!?! I guess I have to try again. 😞

If type check for updates in your settings it should automatically download the updated A-Volute software to 1.4.1.0 if you have all driver installed.
Lighting service is a hit and a miss I too have it but it randomly doesn't respond the best way to fix this is in the search bar type services and find lighting services and click stop then restart and that should fix your problem. 🙂

But for those who, for the time being at least, want to try something else to improve their sound over stock drivers "Both headphones and speakers" while they wait for SS3 and other sound drivers to be fixed, check out VB-Audio's free/donationware audio program called "Voicemeeter"..It's a virtual mixing board with multiple channels, depending on which version you try. Regular Voicemeeter has 2 channels, Voicemeeter Banana has 3, and Voicemeeter potato has 5 I believe. You're also allowed a free virtual audio cable to reroute sound sources where you want. It has some incredibly powerful EQ settings, and if you set it up properly, can improve the sound over stock audio drivers by leaps and bounds. It doesn't have any fancy surround sound settings or anything like that, and can be somewhat confusing to set up the way you want. But there are tons of tutorials on their website and on youtube to help you up...

So yea, just get the basic Realtek drivers from the Realtek source, ignore all the sound control modules from windows and run everything through Voicemeeter "I like Banana version the best" and then tinker with the EQ settings. There's a number of other things you can do with it to improve the sound. But you'll have to learn how to do that yourself...It's a good alternative resource to use while we wait for more stable drivers/sound control app's to come out.

I hope it helps limp you along until then.

MoKiChU wrote:
After analyzing the situation, this new NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver 1.4.1.0 WHQL can only be installed via Windows Update over NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver 1.3.2.0 WHQL (for the moment in any case).

- If the package directly contains the NH3/SS3 APO 1.4.1.0 WHQL : SS3 hangs
- If the package does not contain any NH3/SS3 APO and the NH3/SS3 APO 1.4.1.0 WHQL is directly download via Windows Update : SS3 hangs
- If the package contain the NH3/SS3 APO 1.3.2.0 WHQL and the NH3/SS3 APO 1.4.1.0 WHQL is directly download via Windows Update : OK

I own a G703GXR new Chimera for 3 days. With NH3 1.4.1.0 pushed by Windows Update, no matter upgrade from 1.3.2.0 or older or fresh install; SS3 hangs...

JMH05
Level 7
So i just installed this and so far so good works great and sound quality is alot better

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG) - Last version [09/07/2019] :
----Drivers : 6.0.8750.1 WHQL
----SS3 Extension Driver : 1.2.5.59003 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.3.2.0 WHQL

Is there any other software that is supposed to get installed other then going to MS Store and installing the Audio Console and Sonic Studio 3?

Cheers

rokK0
Level 9
@MOKICHU ,
Thanks a lot for your effort and the instructions in the startup post. I always had problems updating my audio driver correctly. many thanks, greetings

MoKiChU wrote:
Hello everyone,

New version of Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG & ASUS PRIME-TUF) has just been released :

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG) - Last version [11/07/2019] :
----Drivers : 6.0.8751.1 WHQL
----SS3 Extension Driver : 1.2.5.59003 WHQL
----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.3.2.0 WHQL
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!sUUVjYQK!S5DTS0QVmw9XR7xIiFWpWvNblgpjFACAqFIJP7g3eeY

- Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS PRIME-TUF) - Last version [11/07/2019] :
----Drivers : 6.0.8751.1 WHQL
----DTS HPXv1 Extension Driver : 1.0.18.1 WHQL
----DTS Custom Extension Driver : 1.0.9.0 WHQL
----DTS HPXv1 SoftwareComponent Driver : 2.0.0.1 WHQL
----DTS Custom SoftwareComponent Driver : 1.1.10.1 WHQL
----DTS APO SoftwareComponent/SoftwareDevice Driver : 1.0.17.0 WHQL
----Download : https://mega.nz/#!0UF10YKI!-KNYKVk-Do12N73TxjF7rES4zH9hZoYoqZHt9iSFJMc

Thread updated.

The download for the ROG drivers is broken on mega. The link for the prime drivers does work.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Just so everyone knows, I installed the latest sound driver and Bios, plus a couple of others. I was having problems with my VR Headset sound so I install a Nvidia update to see if that would fix it.

After the update I got a message "Audio enhancements for this device have been disabled". After this the VR Headset sound, which had been distorted, cleared up but I could not open the Sonic Studio 3. I saw a comment where the Nahimic service was stopped so I will assume that is the enhancement to which the message was referring. After starting that service again, the Sonic Studio 3 was again operational.

I have not yet tested to see if my VR Headset sound becomes distorted again.

Edit: The VR audio for the Vive Pro is working normally again.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Ryo_z
Level 9
HDA version better. If use UAD, sonic studio will crash.

Hello
In the latest driver version of Realtek Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG) - Last version [11/07/2019], for Rog Maximus X i do not see the following functions:
---- DTSX Ultra APO4x Extension Driver: 1.0.4.0 WHQL
---- DTS APO4x Service SoftwareComponent Driver: 1.0.20.0 WHQL
---- DTS APO4x Core SoftwareComponent / SoftwareDevice Driver: 1.0.20.0 WHQL