cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

I think i found a problem in the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic + Sonic Studio III integration) - latest version drivers: 6.0.1.8668, when I lower the sound volume to 0 from the windows and immediately return to a higher volume, the sound has a delay considerable!

klepp0906x2
Level 7
yep, full clean, registry, everything leftover. install of standalone. crashes windows advanced sound in settings.

the bloatware version runs perfecto /shrug. unfortunately it causes a ton of slowdown with qt engine driven apps especially but relative to the alternative.

guess i could roll back to legacy drivers but whats the point.

morpwr
Level 7
Anyone having problems with sonic studio opening after this update? It just opens and shuts now.

morpwr wrote:
Anyone having problems with sonic studio opening after this update? It just opens and shuts now.

I have no problem with the latest version of drive.

Jim_Hurley
Level 7
The latest ASIO driver (which is rather old) in the 8687 WHQL driver package only seems to want to run at 44.1 kHz.
The hardware upsamples OK to 48kHz, but this still is not right. 48kHz and other timings should be available.
Jim Hurley

anybody have any ideas why I cant get sonic studio to work? Ive followed this like 8 times now any it still just opens and closes.

morpwr
Level 7
This one worked for me finally.:)

After installing
Version 6.0.1.8468 2019/04/03 Realtek Audio Driver V8468_WHQL_20180621_DTSCustom1.06_DTSHPX1.73_SonicSuite3.6.42_FF03_RS4
, the Realtek Audio Console is missing, as well as any other way for me to manage my audio. I've tried installing/reinstalling/installing old drivers from asus's website, nothing is working. This isn't the first time I'm having a lot of trouble with the ASUS/Realtek drivers. I'm getting frustrated to the point of wanting to to just go out and buy a working audio card. Any advice?

dannyfatkullin wrote:
After installing
Version 6.0.1.8468 2019/04/03 Realtek Audio Driver V8468_WHQL_20180621_DTSCustom1.06_DTSHPX1.73_SonicSuite3.6.42_FF03_RS4
, the Realtek Audio Console is missing, as well as any other way for me to manage my audio. I've tried installing/reinstalling/installing old drivers from asus's website, nothing is working. This isn't the first time I'm having a lot of trouble with the ASUS/Realtek drivers. I'm getting frustrated to the point of wanting to to just go out and buy a working audio card. Any advice?

I think you used the drivers on you support page right? Yeah dont use those Asus jacked all the support pages up recently. What board you have?

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I think you used the drivers on you support page right? Yeah dont use those Asus jacked all the support pages up recently. What board you have?

Yeah... The ones found here https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

I have the HERO X

Do I use the custom ones posted in this thread by MoKiChU intead?

These are presumably not official. Are you guys at all concerned about them containing backdoors etc.?