cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

klepp0906x2 wrote:
yep, latest version standalone - still crashes windows sound mixer. Other version preventing pc sleep. Jesus. I shoulda kept track of which version was working a few back. Of course we dont keep links here anyhow so id have to dig.

Hopefully windows impending update this month fixes some of the issues as a previous poster noted.

And you followed the clean install instructions? There is a massive thread over on ten forums that you can get them all, and probably on station drivers as well. Those sites plus winraid are all likely sourced from the same repository and ftp sites.

Edit: here you go
https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-236.html

Did you try running the Sound Troubleshooter? Sounds silly but I've had issues a couple times after the countless installs of all these updates MoKiChU is providing for us, and the troubleshooter fixed them. The issues I've noticed it fix is static in the front-right speaker and the Realtek Console app crashing :confused:.

Unfortunately it doesn't fix some of the deeper underlying issues but it's worth a shot!

I have installed the latest version of the drive that is at the asus on the page https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-CODE/HelpDesk_Download/ , you can not activate DTS and have no equalizer on the digital output side.
On the speakers side you can use sonic studio and and sonic radar, for me UAD version is ok if you can not activate DTS!

http://s.go.ro/fwj7lub6

ewil
Level 8
Hello everyone, until recently i was using the ~640mb realtek drivers for my Z370-E (Version 6.0.1.8382 2018/04/12 )
I tried to update a couple of times but every time i ran into issues with the new type of drivers ( still trying to wrap my head around the UAD/HDA etc) end every time i rolled back to the old ones, until last night when i noticed a new update on the Z370-E drivers page Version 6.0.1.8573 2019/04/03, so i uninstalled the old ones and ran asussetup.exe (afaik this is the correct way to install asus drivers, and not setup.exe), anyway everything seemed fine, i set it up, was finally happy until i noticed almost every program starts really slow (winrar, vlc, chrome etc). since i had the same issue with asus software before, (asus com service from aura) i knew where to begin troubleshooting, and finally ended up killing nahimic service exe's and noticed everything ran smoothly as before. then i found this thread,
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107802-Nahimic-Service-causing-programs-to-startup-slow
and some mentiones in this very thread here, but no real solutions. Did anyone experience a similar issue? I tried the latest drivers from this thread 6.0.1.8668 and have the same problem, was there a version that didn't have the issue i can roll back to, or can anyone suggest what should i do, i dont want to roll back to the old 600mb drivers at this point, and i'm about to try the HDA drivers (even though i dont fully understand which ones are better for the chip in z370-e, I am on windows 10 with the latest updates.

ewil wrote:
Hello everyone, until recently i was using the ~640mb realtek drivers for my Z370-E (Version 6.0.1.8382 2018/04/12 )
I tried to update a couple of times but every time i ran into issues with the new type of drivers ( still trying to wrap my head around the UAD/HDA etc) end every time i rolled back to the old ones, until last night when i noticed a new update on the Z370-E drivers page Version 6.0.1.8573 2019/04/03, so i uninstalled the old ones and ran asussetup.exe (afaik this is the correct way to install asus drivers, and not setup.exe), anyway everything seemed fine, i set it up, was finally happy until i noticed almost every program starts really slow (winrar, vlc, chrome etc). since i had the same issue with asus software before, (asus com service from aura) i knew where to begin troubleshooting, and finally ended up killing nahimic service exe's and noticed everything ran smoothly as before. then i found this thread,
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107802-Nahimic-Service-causing-programs-to-startup-slow
and some mentiones in this very thread here, but no real solutions. Did anyone experience a similar issue? I tried the latest drivers from this thread 6.0.1.8668 and have the same problem, was there a version that didn't have the issue i can roll back to, or can anyone suggest what should i do, i dont want to roll back to the old 600mb drivers at this point, and i'm about to try the HDA drivers (even though i dont fully understand which ones are better for the chip in z370-e, I am on windows 10 with the latest updates.

For one , at least for the x code page, they loaded a driver that is months old at this point, and has irrelevant features to my board i.e dts. I'm assuming your board still has nahimic integration from factory? You can always try latest UAD standalone driver without nahimic. Have you done that? Have you done the clean install instructions?

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
For one , at least for the x code page, they loaded a driver that is months old at this point, and has irrelevant features to my board i.e dts. I'm assuming your board still has nahimic integration from factory? You can always try latest UAD standalone driver without nahimic. Have you done that? Have you done the clean install instructions?

I honestly have no idea
According to the specs for Z370-E it comes with these features

And for that very reason i only used the drivers supplied on the downloads page for the mobo, and never "dared" to try the downloads from other sources

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

NahimicService (which is one of the elements of the SS3 integration files) can generate bugs/conflicts with software/games/other drivers (Example : Chrome startup hanging a few seconds) which are sometimes very complex to detect and that A-Volute (Nahimic/Sonic Studio creator) are rather long to fix.

Why in the knowledge of these bugs/conflicts I always propose a version with NahimicService ? Because some ROGers are not ready to compromise not to use SS3/SR3, and need the version with NahimicService anyway.

In order to have a pure Realtek version of the drivers, without NahimicService or other third party, a more stable system, I use and I propose the Standalone version (if you want switch to Standalone version, use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Standalone install type).

Hello, thank you for your reply, i ended up using HDA - FF03/Nahimic drivers, which seem to resemble the old 600+ mb package from z370-e downloads page, (no UWP programs, you get the old tray icon etc.. ) installed SS3 manually, and now all seems well, fortunately the nahimic service exe files do not load with these drivers, so my programs start fast again.
I'm still curious about the UAD drivers and if they offer anything else except the UWP integration, so i hope they fix the issues in the future

Hi,

Been reading this forum thread for a while and downloaded the previous driver version from this page (not using the newest provides at the moment). And have some questions regarding these drivers.
I have Asus B350 F gaming motherboard with Ryzen 1600. With the drivers provided on the motherboard support web page I had some issues. Asus Realbench benchmark score was lower than it should have been when the sonic radar was running, disabling it cave me better score. And sometimes the PC just froze in idle or had BSOD for no reason. It passed every benchmark and test I threw at it but it still froze sometimes in idle. I even changed the ram and still the same issue. Can this be related to audio drivers? I run my PC everything at stock and have set the memory timings manually (it likes it better that way, the DOCP automatic setting doesn't work with amd).

And why aren’t these drivers available from motherboard support page? Are they not official drivers?

It would be really helpful if some one could shed some light to these questions. I have had this motherboard for over a year now and been having issues from day one. No bios update or settings have fixed these problems. And after finding this forum thread I started to suspect it was the audio drivers. Never used integrated audio before so I have no experience with them. Usually I use soundblaster latest audio cards. I have SoundBlaster Z in my other Asus Z170 system which has similar integrated audio card.
🙂

SaepuruSass wrote:
Hi,

Been reading this forum thread for a while and downloaded the previous driver version from this page (not using the newest provides at the moment). And have some questions regarding these drivers.
I have Asus B350 F gaming motherboard with Ryzen 1600. With the drivers provided on the motherboard support web page I had some issues. Asus Realbench benchmark score was lower than it should have been when the sonic radar was running, disabling it cave me better score. And sometimes the PC just froze in idle or had BSOD for no reason. It passed every benchmark and test I threw at it but it still froze sometimes in idle. I even changed the ram and still the same issue. Can this be related to audio drivers? I run my PC everything at stock and have set the memory timings manually (it likes it better that way, the DOCP automatic setting doesn't work with amd).

And why aren’t these drivers available from motherboard support page? Are they not official drivers?

It would be really helpful if some one could shed some light to these questions. I have had this motherboard for over a year now and been having issues from day one. No bios update or settings have fixed these problems. And after finding this forum thread I started to suspect it was the audio drivers. Never used integrated audio before so I have no experience with them. Usually I use soundblaster latest audio cards. I have SoundBlaster Z in my other Asus Z170 system which has similar integrated audio card.
🙂

I have a 1600 on a B350-F as well.

I can't speak to actual BSOD or freezes , since I have not really had a problem with that running CPU and ram at stock clocks. Which ram sticks did you try? There are a lot of quirks with ram on first gen Ryzen and B350.

However, I have had various problems with the audio. Mostly related to crackles depending on boot or reboot. I haven't found a driver that actually fixes this, but a a Windows update did improve the behavior of the Realtek Audio Console to let me work around it without the app crashing.

As for Realbench scores, I noticed that the Nahimic service specifically would drop the Image Editing score 90-100k points if it was running, this was with the version on the motherboard page (6.0.1.8496) or the package in OP (8668 with Sonic Studio Integration). I didn't install Sonic Studio (and it didn't install automatically) because I wasn't interested in either of those apps, but the Nahimic service still runs unless manually disabled. I set it disabled and haven't looked back.

I had previously tried the 8666 and 8668 standalone packages, but could not get them to work correctly. Audio output seemed to be decent (crackle issue notwithstanding), but I could not get the microphone input to work. It showed as plugged in, but always had an error that the device could not be opened if I tried to record.

I considered perhaps trying an old version of HDA drivers, but I think I am going to hold out for Windows 19 and see if it works better.

FWIW, there is a long thread in the mobo forum devoted to the B350-F
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94642-ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING-issues

hazium233 wrote:
I have a 1600 on a B350-F as well.

I can't speak to actual BSOD or freezes , since I have not really had a problem with that running CPU and ram at stock clocks. Which ram sticks did you try? There are a lot of quirks with ram on first gen Ryzen and B350.

However, I have had various problems with the audio. Mostly related to crackles depending on boot or reboot. I haven't found a driver that actually fixes this, but a a Windows update did improve the behavior of the Realtek Audio Console to let me work around it without the app crashing.

As for Realbench scores, I noticed that the Nahimic service specifically would drop the Image Editing score 90-100k points if it was running, this was with the version on the motherboard page (6.0.1.8496) or the package in OP (8668 with Sonic Studio Integration). I didn't install Sonic Studio (and it didn't install automatically) because I wasn't interested in either of those apps, but the Nahimic service still runs unless manually disabled. I set it disabled and haven't looked back.

I had previously tried the 8666 and 8668 standalone packages, but could not get them to work correctly. Audio output seemed to be decent (crackle issue notwithstanding), but I could not get the microphone input to work. It showed as plugged in, but always had an error that the device could not be opened if I tried to record.

I considered perhaps trying an old version of HDA drivers, but I think I am going to hold out for Windows 19 and see if it works better.

FWIW, there is a long thread in the mobo forum devoted to the B350-F
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94642-ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING-issues

I’m using 2x16GB Corsair ram. The part number is in my profile (its CMR32GX4M2D3000C16 ). The last ones where 4 sticks of old Corsair ram that had a BSOD on a BSOD if used with rated ram speeds. These work quite well with 3000MHz manual settings. It passed all aida/realbench etc tests but sometimes it freezes on idle (ok, it has frozen about 2 times in 3 months). After I tried drivers from this forum thread, I haven’t had a freeze since. Will see how it goes.
It is just strange that the official Asus B350 support page doesn’t have newer audio drivers available and these drivers, in this thread, are shared from external links.

Asus can't be bothered to update as quickly as they should, plus there are several new realtek drivers per month with never any release notes. Those with access to the realtek ftp share them and post places like here, ten forums, station drivers etc.