cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

MoKiChU wrote:
You can try HDA drivers (FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL without installing Sonic Radar III) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

I've done that and the radar isn't showing up anymore. Can I still download an install the Realtek control panel to set my amplier sensitivity? I don't see it listed in the HDA setup opening post. Or is there an other way to do it?

demoncamber
Level 8
I managed to get Sonic Studio III audio effects to work now, reset everything to default and changed it to 24bit audio from 32bit, I think maybe they do not work for 32bit?

*update* Had it working and after rebooting it no longer works again. Something is funky for us on Crosshair Vi's

demoncamber wrote:
So neither the HDA or the UAD sonic suite works on the Crosshair VI Hero (app operates but the sonic studio effects do not work). Everything else seems to work. Is there a line somewhere in an .ini to change that can hopefully get support with these drivers? They haven't updated our audio drivers since 6.0.1.8339 😞

I've tried following the install instructions exactly as well. I'm betting it's a config of some sort.

I have the same motherboard and the exact same thing happens to me.

broodro0ster
Level 7
MoKiChU wrote:
Realtek Audio Control (UWP) application from the Microsoft Store do not work with HDA drivers. HDA drivers only work with Win32/Legacy applications.

You have to use Realtek HD Audio Manager which was installed with the drivers (accesible by the tray icon, or via the Windows control panel) to set your amplify level.

That's what I thought, but I don't see anything in my system tray or Windows control panel from Realtek. When I search for Realtek in the start menu, no results are found.
Is there an exe file that I can manually access?

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
This is not normal, you are sure to have installed HDA drivers and not UAD drivers ?

If yes, probably an HDA driver from Windows Update or built-in (this is the only case where there is no Realtek HD Audio Manager) installed parallel to your install : Reinstall directly (without doing what in red) HDA drivers : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

Note : We've created enough confusion here, thanks for feedbacking in the HDA thread for HDA drivers, and in this thread for UAD drivers.

I tried to reply in the HDA thread, but I'm getting the following error:
You don't have permission to access "http://rog.asus.com/forum/newreply.php?" on this server.
Reference #18.54f655f.1548180008.8b84d198

But posting in this thread works fine without issues.

CornFlakes
Level 7
@MoKiChU Do you have the driver from 2 versions ago? I don't remember the version number. Because with version 8619 sometimes i get dropouts or hiccups. I don't know what cause this. The only thing I changes was updating the driver

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
testing the update/ got the same issues that SS3 stop working. I am running the inicial realtek audio driver UPDATING.

UPDATE. Update made.
Audio Driver Version 6.01.8619/UI Version 1.2.166.0
SS3/SR3 A-Volute Ver 3.13.8.0

All sound effects are working

Will check the follwing days on how they do.

As today, running the new CODE XI and original 10.1.16.5 chipset and 1815.12.0.2021 IME driver. BIOS 0602 for the moment.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

klepp0906x2
Level 7
the slowdown from nahimic is insane.

opening some apps hang. others take substantially longer. closing it in the task manager fixes everything until it re-opens itself. Of course disabling the service is an option, but then whats the point.

klepp0906x2 wrote:
the slowdown from nahimic is insane.

opening some apps hang. others take substantially longer. closing it in the task manager fixes everything until it re-opens itself. Of course disabling the service is an option, but then whats the point.

I've been having all sorts of problems with either Sonic Apps. The only solution on my end was finally get rid of both Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar apps and reboot. Using only Realtek's Control Panel works, and enabling both Extreme Amplification and Powerfull presets kinda do the trick. It's not as good as Sonic Studio, but I can tolerate it.

ASUS / A-Volute should fix their control panel ASAP, this bugs have been happening since z170 boards and the whole situation is just getting ridiculous.