MoKiChU wrote:
Yes, only these drivers should remain after installing the new drivers:

- hdx_asusext_avo_rtk.inf
- hdxasus.inf
- realtekapo.inf
- realtekasio.inf
- realtekhsa.inf
- realtekservice.inf

If you do not have sound it's that you read the tutorial too quickly ... you forgot a step (Launch Realtek Audio Console then check the box "Disable all sound effects" in your "Playback Devices")

i cant launch the console. It crashes. It'll flash for 1 sec, then close.

MoKiChU wrote:
Can you try to uninstall Realtek Audio Console it then reboot and reinstall then reboot.

If it still does not work, try to switch to HDA Drivers (IF FIRST INSTALL) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA-Legacy)

no go on reinstall for realtek audio console. HDA worked before ( I had sound) but ive never been able to get the realtek audio console to run..ever. but why cant i get the UAD working, whats the difference???

MoKiChU wrote:
The architecture of the 2 drivers types is totally different :

- HDA (FF00): 1 .inf (Global : hdxasnahimic.inf) + Win32 apps (Legacy)

- HDA with Sonic Studio 3 Integration (FF03) : 1 .inf (Global : hdxasnahimic.inf) + Win32 apps (Legacy) + .dll for SS3 support

- UAD : 6 .inf (Main Driver : hdxasus.inf, Realtek Audio Console Driver Extension (for GUI ROG) : hdx_asusext_avo_rtk.inf, Realtek Service Drivers : realtekapo.inf, realtekasio.inf, realtekhsa.inf, realtekservice.inf) + UWP apps

- UAD with Sonic Studio 3 Integration : 8 .inf (Main Driver : hdxasus.inf, Realtek Audio Console Driver Extension (for GUI ROG) : hdx_asusext_avo_rtk.inf, 4 Realtek Software Component Drivers : realtekapo.inf, realtekasio.inf, realtekhsa.inf, realtekservice.inf, 2 Nahimic/Sonic Studio 3 Software Component Drivers : a-volutenh3aposwc.inf, avolutess3ext.inf) + UWP apps

Ok..well thank you for trying. I really appreciate it. Ive installed the HDA and i have sound again. And thanks for the driver store. I removed packages of old drivers from a long time ago that i didnt see in add/remove. I got back 3GB of space..lol.

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
The architecture of the 2 drivers types is totally different :

- HDA (FF00): 1 .inf (Global : hdxasnahimic.inf) + Win32 apps (Legacy)

- HDA with Sonic Studio 3 Integration (FF03) : 1 .inf (Global : hdxasnahimic.inf) + Win32 apps (Legacy) + .dll for SS3 support

- UAD : 6 .inf (Main Driver : hdxasus.inf, Realtek Audio Console Driver Extension (for GUI ROG) : hdx_asusext_avo_rtk.inf, Realtek Service Drivers : realtekapo.inf, realtekasio.inf, realtekhsa.inf, realtekservice.inf) + UWP apps

- UAD with Sonic Studio 3 Integration : 8 .inf (Main Driver : hdxasus.inf, Realtek Audio Console Software Component Extension Drivers (for GUI ROG) : hdx_asusext_avo_rtk.inf, 4 Realtek Software Component Drivers : realtekapo.inf, realtekasio.inf, realtekhsa.inf, realtekservice.inf, Nahimic/Sonic Studio 3 Software Component Drivers : a-volutenh3aposwc.inf, Nahimic/Sonic Studio 3 Software Component Extension Drivers : avolutess3ext.inf) + UWP apps

Ok..well thank you for trying. I really appreciate it. Ive installed the HDA and i have sound again. And thanks for the driver store. I removed packages of old drivers from a long time ago that i didnt see in add/remove. I got back 3GB of space..lol.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
me too guys! 2 days and we try all approaches. Was fantastic to use top audio stuff. i was very happy to see these works. but well .... just drop all test. Install windows 1803 built 17134.376 install my main 3 drivers chipset 10.1.17809.8096_pv / Ime 1831.12.0.1156 and Nic 12.17.10.7. at leat for the moment. the last 6.0.1.8557 is gone. file is damage and the support page is down for almost all products. i test that, So i have to go find again. I can try to install de UAD gain but i am sure will fail, at least in my board.

I believe that the initiative is perfect, more than ASUS support page has done since 2017 and they should give hand on these. I love ASUS products and I will recommend all the way!. I promise that these more than other brand do. here we are all and we try to help and I help here a lot.

Let see what will come again. was fantastic hope that the info here gets sorted out. was working so good that even my 40.00 mic was fantastic in streaming and the sound was outstanding.

i will try to get the audio app. and start again.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Hell me!!!!!!!!!!!! holy ****.

is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and isntall the console. by itself.

for the moment... i will continue making notes. Be noted. That for the moment i drop back to windows 1803 built 17134.376 install my main 3 drivers chip-set 10.1.17809.8096_pv / Ime 1831.12.0.1156 and Nic 12.17.10.7

I have NOT install anything else. I will check again all settings. make a restore point now!

Still missing my nvidia/armory. since afterburner is new, i will continue using that until the new gputweek is present for our old cards. (lol 1080ti) but for now i will test each functions and see what clicks or not.

I will return tomorrow morning.

UPDATE EQ is working. Environment is not working. when i go to setting and sounds and other sound options, does not crash and appears all sound there. a improvement. I will make continue adding other stuff like drivers.

C
Learn, Play Enjoy!