cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU fan error

grassy
Level 12
Hey friends, I am getting a CPU fan error on my Rampage 4 black edition as I have a water cooled system and have no CPU fan installed to my CPU fan header.All my case and radiator fans run to my bitspower fan controller mounted at the back of the case.I also have a heat killer pro CPU block via water cooling.My real problem is that I am going into the bios to disable "CPU fan speed low limit" from 600 rpm to disable,then restart I get into windows without the error on start up but when I shut down the computer at the end of the day and turn the power off at the wall,when I start it up again from a cold start I get the error again and noticed in the bios that it is not saved.Any help would be great thanks all.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
15 REPLIES 15

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey grassy!

Jeepers man...I don't have a clue why that's not saving...that just started?...before, was it working fine?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hey grassy!

Jeepers man...I don't have a clue why that's not saving...that just started?...before, was it working fine?
Hi Arne,it's been bugging me for some time but not a major problem, I know I can get around it but getting to the bottom off it is another story.I can remember when I put the machine together that I had this problem but it saved the setting fine but not now.There has to be something else to this.Kkn asked a good question about my setting up a boot drive which might have something to do with it. *

kkn
Level 14
do you have to set up boot drives by enny chance?

you could high jack the cpu fan whit adding a fan on it, just to trick it so it think that there are a fan on the cpu, but be aware it will stil go if the pump stops and cpu over heats unless you put a temp max to shut down pc in bios.

kkn wrote:
do you have to set up boot drives by enny chance?

you could high jack the cpu fan whit adding a fan on it, just to trick it so it think that there are a fan on the cpu, but be aware it will stil go if the pump stops and cpu over heats unless you put a temp max to shut down pc in bios.
Hi Kkn how you doing mate,Yes I do Kkn,I am using windows 10 and had to plug my windows operating system drive into port 1 in my sata section on my motherboard and now my bios recognises my boot drive and starts up my operating system being win 10. I will check now to see if that has saved the bypass setting being "CPU fan speed low limit" to disable.

grassy
Level 12
After setting up my boot drive by having them plugged into the correct sata port and setting my "CPU *fan speed low limit" to disable,only the boot drive setting is saved as the "CPU fan speed low limit" is not after turning all power off.I can only get into windows Straight after its set without turning the power off.

Chino
Level 15
How long have you built your system? Maybe it's time to change the CMOS battery. It's the only thing I can think of that would prevent the BIOS from retaining your settings.

Chino wrote:
How long have you built your system? Maybe it's time to change the CMOS battery. It's the only thing I can think of that would prevent the BIOS from retaining your settings.
Yep you could be right, I will hunt around for another battery and see what I can come up with.The only thing I am sure about is that all other changes I make to the bios can be saved after a complete shutdown and power completely off.For example in the monitoring section of my bios I reduced the overheat warning temp from 90 deg to 70 deg and they were saved after complete shut down. *Thanks mate, I will do some more homework on this and get back to you guys soon.

grassy
Level 12
Picked up a brand new CMOS battery and tried it and that seemed to do the trick as it is now saving my settings in the bios after the computer has been shut down and turned off completely.Thanks so much Chino Problem solved and thanks Arne and Kkn.This has to be one of the best and helpful forums I have been on.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Cool beans...glad that sorted it!

Bit weird though that it saved some settings and not others...but useful to know...

🙂