cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing manual/info for setting up ROG Crosshair VI Hero motherboard

Decoman
Level 7
Edit: In hindsight, I guess the problem here is that, the cables came with the cabinet I bought (Fractal Design Refine S).

I need help in confirming that this is indicative of a proper setup for the front panel connectors.

The manual for the cabinet is really poor, and afaik does not explain, nor show, how to properly connect the cables here.

When I attach the PLED + and PLED - as per instructions, the headers face this way. There is no way of knowing if the headers next to it, is properly seated, so I mimicked the direction with the LED ones, and then it looks like this.

The second photo below, is a photo of the manual for the computer case.

3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi Decoman

They look backwards to me, rotate the wire connectors on the Q-connector 180 degrees.

You have the pwr sw, reset sw markings on the wires facing the opposite way.

Decoman
Level 7
Thank you. I will get back to this thread when I continue my build. 🙂 I am waiting for some ram sticks to arrive.

The weird thing is that, when I follow instructions of connecting PLED + and PLED -, to fit that thingy with descriptions on it, the connectors end up facing away, just like I showed in my photo. Or, I guess I can just flip the contacts around, as they are single pin, so that they end up having the text facing outwards. Hm, I guess I should have done that in the first place.

Decoman
Level 7
I flipped it around so it looks like this now: