cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COD BO4 - Game Redemption Issue [Please DO NOT create new threads]

danmalone
Level 7
Hi,

My first post here 🙂 I've just bought a Zephyrus GM501GS as I've been pondering it for a while now - It just so happens that the day before I bought it, the COD promotion was introduced and so now I should also get a code for COD BO4

I can't seem to find how/where this would be obtained from though? I bought my laptop from Overclockers (instore) and the invoice contains nothing related to a code etc. I've done product registration and again no codes seem to have come from that at all so far as I've seen.

Going to https://promotion.asus.com/en/promotionform/codbo4/step-1 is prompting me for a promotion code but can't find it anywhere. Any ideas please? 🙂
223 REPLIES 223

i bought a 2070 O8G

I was able to redeem Anthem
Now I cant redeem Black Ops 4 cause the website tells me I already participated in a promo...

as i bought the card it told me i get both...!

cause_and_effect97 wrote:
it seems like you bought the cpu and the motherboard from two separate stores right? im pretty sure you have to buy the mobo and cpu at the same store to be eligible for the promotion, like you cant buy a cpu and mobo from two seperate stores and still be eligible for the deluxe bo4 promotion, if i understand correctly the promotion is somewhat tied to the store that you buy your products from.
you wouldnt be able to enter the promotion at the moment anyway because you will need to take a picture of the physical box for the cpu and upload it, since you cant do that at the moment, you would have to wait until it arrives.
im just not sure why you would buy a mobo and cpu from different stores, why not buy the mobo at the same store you preordered the cpu? the only reasonable explanation would be to save a couple bucks, because time wasnt an issue and you went to two stores instead of one.

THIS IS MOST LIKELY AN INCORRECT AND CAN ALSO BE ARGUED BY THIS STATEMENT: 'when do you gain enough knowledge to act?' PLEASE DONT BE TOO CRITICAL, THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION FROM THE INFORMATION THAT I WAS GIVEN:
by saving a couple bucks and going to two different stores you missed out on the bo4 promotion unfortunately, next time it would be best to do the research before you commit to something if you want to avoid something like this happening again.

the only thing i suggest is seeing if anything is wrong with the mobo or cpu and returning it and then purchasing both from the same store, im pretty sure that will be your best option at the moment unless anyone can think of a better option. its just that the stores you bought it from wont take the product back if it works and the only reason for the return is to get the bo4 promotion.z

edit: let me know if this makes sense or not, i can clarify if anything

edit2: it also seems like if you are in the USA you arent eligible for the promotion with the z370-e mobo, have a look on the promotion page based on which region you are in, the only mobo that is eligible for the bundle promotions with the cpu in the USA is the ROG MAXIMUS X or MAXIMUS XI series.
if you are in Australia then it seems like the z370-e is eligiblefor the bundle promotion

I did purchase the CPU and MOBO from different stores. If I knew about this promotion before purchasing I would of purchased a bundle kit, but unfortunately they do not offer bundles with the i5-9600k and Asus Z370-E board. I had to pre-order the i5-9600k (before bundles were even out, just so I could make sure I received a chip before they sold out) and wanted to purchase my board in person just in case I had an issue with it.

I did notice after some research that the US and Canada have very, very limited choices on boards when it comes to this promotion. I find that pretty unfair. I have no idea why someone in the UK gets the deal with a Z370-E and the same CPU while someone in America is not eligible.

Also, another thing. I am technically paying more for purchasing these devices separately, I don't get how that could void my eligibility if i'm purchasing the same exact products required by Asus just not in a bundle kit. I could not pre-order the i5-9600k from anywhere else, and I liked the idea of being able to return my motherboard in person to a store if it was DOA. I did email the support page with these concerns and receipts of my purchases. Hopefully they get back to me, because it seems like I got conned out of a free BO4 copy in numerous different ways.

Also my CPU arrives tomorrow, so i'll be able to provide a serial number (I already provided the serial for the mobo) to ASUS if needed. I know of a ton of other people with the same concerns I have that had to pre-order a CPU and buy a mobo from another site where it was in stock and feel they are being cheated out of the BO4 key.

Blue Shark9 wrote:
I did purchase the CPU and MOBO from different stores. If I knew about this promotion before purchasing I would of purchased a bundle kit, but unfortunately they do not offer bundles with the i5-9600k and Asus Z370-E board. I had to pre-order the i5-9600k (before bundles were even out, just so I could make sure I received a chip before they sold out) and wanted to purchase my board in person just in case I had an issue with it.

I did notice after some research that the US and Canada have very, very limited choices on boards when it comes to this promotion. I find that pretty unfair. I have no idea why someone in the UK gets the deal with a Z370-E and the same CPU while someone in America is not eligible.

Also, another thing. I am technically paying more for purchasing these devices separately, I don't get how that could void my eligibility if i'm purchasing the same exact products required by Asus just not in a bundle kit. I could not pre-order the i5-9600k from anywhere else, and I liked the idea of being able to return my motherboard in person to a store if it was DOA. I did email the support page with these concerns and receipts of my purchases. Hopefully they get back to me, because it seems like I got conned out of a free BO4 copy in numerous different ways.

Also my CPU arrives tomorrow, so i'll be able to provide a serial number (I already provided the serial for the mobo) to ASUS if needed. I know of a ton of other people with the same concerns I have that had to pre-order a CPU and buy a mobo from another site where it was in stock and feel they are being cheated out of the BO4 key.

actually you might even want to try switching regions to enter the promotion or using a vpn but not sure if that will work 🙂

theonecsm
Level 8
I have sent an email to support@asus-promotion.com regarding my purchase of ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi COD Black Ops 4 Z390 Motherboard and Intel i7 - 9700k processor I should have received Call of Duty Black Ops Deluxe Edition game key code and not the Standard game key code.

I have a claim ID and provided that along with proof of purchase receipt from Micro Center, Serial #s, thank you card Call of Duty Black Op 4 Promotion number, and Asus promotion website showing I should have qualified for the deluxe version of the game.

I have not received an email back from support acknowledging receipt of email or creating a ticket for my request.

I sincerely request that my request be reviewed by someone today, 10/23/18 or tomorrow.

I can provide all necessary details to support if you contact me here or by the email I sent.

Thank you,
Chris

theonecsm wrote:
I have sent an email to support@asus-promotion.com regarding my purchase of ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi COD Black Ops 4 Z390 Motherboard and Intel i7 - 9700k processor I should have received Call of Duty Black Ops Deluxe Edition game key code and not the Standard game key code.

I have a claim ID and provided that along with proof of purchase receipt from Micro Center, Serial #s, thank you card Call of Duty Black Op 4 Promotion number, and Asus promotion website showing I should have qualified for the deluxe version of the game.

I have not received an email back from support acknowledging receipt of email or creating a ticket for my request.

I sincerely request that my request be reviewed by someone today, 10/23/18 or tomorrow.

I can provide all necessary details to support if you contact me here or by the email I sent.

Thank you,
Chris

"I sincerely request that my request be reviewed by someone today, 10/23/18 or tomorrow." I agree, me too! and probably a few other thousand people

LegionMk1
Level 7
I received a reply on the 22/10 stating that they are looking into my issue (standard sent instead of deluxe), and to have a little patience :D. I'll report back when I hear more.

LegionMk1 wrote:
I received a reply on the 22/10 stating that they are looking into my issue (standard sent instead of deluxe), and to have a little patience :D. I'll report back when I hear more.

Thank you, that would be much appreciated

LegionMk1 wrote:

This was the reply I got on the 19th October. It is now the 24th. I don't know how much more patience they want from me but it's starting to run out.

leifblade wrote:
This was the reply I got on the 19th October. It is now the 24th. I don't know how much more patience they want from me but it's starting to run out.

I got the same reply on the 22nd of Oct. I will also post back here once I hear back, so people in the same boat can work out what their ETA is.

Friedrich_Ux
Level 7
Greetings,

Around a week ago I received my Asus ROG Strix GL703GM Scar Edition, after setting everything up I wanted to get my code for BO4 as it is one of the reasons for purchasing the device. Unfortunately the Asus promotion program will not open on my PC, Aura Core is also not working when attempting to open it via the gaming center. Not sure what to do short of factory resetting my PC or sending it in for a replacement. All Asus firmware and Windows updates have been installed, and attempted to run the promotion program in admin and compatability mode. Contacted the promotion department via e-mail two days ago and have still received no response. Any suggestions for resolving these issues without factory resetting or sending it back for a replacement would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/8zJndkg