cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change user name

duknov007
Level 8
Hello Asus ROG!

When registering my new motherboard I decided to enter the forums.
I want to change my username. I didn't "complete" the registration yet by clicking the link so I should be fine.
Please change the error Duknov007v to Duknov007
I made a mistake and put a "v" at the end. Remove the "v"

I don't know where to ask to have it changed but tried calling, emailing rog_forum@asus.com, and messaging the admins. No responses.

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

duknov007
Level 8
Any admins?

BUMP..

sk2play
Level 13
FYI thread for your consideration
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71745-Username-change&highlight=username
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

sk2play wrote:
FYI thread for your consideration
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71745-Username-change&highlight=username

Thanks but as you can see they fixed my typo in my username.

Bahz
Level 12
Yeah, it's a one time exception for you 🙂

Normally we don't allow for name changes because the more we change the more issues we'll experience with our database. The more issues with our database, the slower the forum will be.

Bahz wrote:
Yeah, it's a one time exception for you 🙂

Normally we don't allow for name changes because the more we change the more issues we'll experience with our database. The more issues with our database, the slower the forum will be.

I told them to change the typo but unfortunately they got it wrong when I specifically said what to fix.

It should be exactly this:

duknov007

they removed both "v"s
Please fix this a final time haha.

duknov007 <--------------------

dukno007 wrote:
I told them to change the typo but unfortunately they got it wrong when I specifically said what to fix.

It should be exactly this:

duknov007

they removed both "v"s
Please fix this a final time haha.

duknov007 <--------------------

Hey bro, what is the meaning behind the alias you want? I get 007. Duk? Nov? I don't get
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

sk2play wrote:
Hey bro, what is the meaning behind the alias you want? I get 007. Duk? Nov? I don't get

Glad you ask. I was big into GoldenEye 007; the N64 shooter. The "nov" part was Russian-ifying the Duke part. I think there were a bunch of "novs" in the James Bond universe with the baddies and all.
The "Duk" part is a fascination with the Disney's animated Robin Hood. In one scene Little John proclaims himself the Duke of Chutney. I loved the swagger and the tone so I called myself "Duke". Duke to me signified cool.

Yea "Duke"(from Robin Hood) + nov (Russian name ending) + 007 (big James Bond fan) = Duknov007

bump

still need typo fixed

correct spelling is:
duknov007

duknov007 wrote:
bump

still need typo fixed

correct spelling is:
duknov007

Fixed 🙂
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !