cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a G75 or wait for the G76

KylePmore
Level 8
Hey guys. I have the G74 wondering how much more of a possible increase in performance the standard model of the G76 will have vs. the standard G75 model. Thanks for the help!
2 REPLIES 2

adamsyes
Level 8
KylePmore wrote:
Hey guys. I have the G74 wondering how much more of a possible increase in performance the standard model of the G76 will have vs. the standard G75 model. Thanks for the help!

Well it's up to you. G76 will probably won't come out any time soon till August or October in my opinion. Haswell has been announced few days ago which is great. although The Nvidia 760M+ hasn't been announced yet. so it will be pointless for them to announce the G76 any time soon.

The g75 is actually pretty updated and amazing. although I'd recommend you to obtain the G75VX refreshed one. it comes with a 670XM which is absolutely amazing card for a G-series. power efficient and yet powerful compared to a 680M.

the card will probably be great until the 800 series are out. because the 700 series aren't bringing anything worth upgrading Yet. still same chip just with extra tools.

It's up to you, I bought a g75vx few days ago. was able to play BF at 45-77 FPS on ultra. as well crisis on very high (33-55 fps) which is damn impressive, I don't think I have to worry about performance since the 670xm seems to run these two demanding game with no sweat.

other than that. i'd say jump on the G75VX, I don't see how the G76 can be any better imo besides having a 700 series mobile gpu. the haswel isn't going to give any performance improvement anyway.

Moonburn
Level 7
I had the same question, but luckily KylePmore had it first 😛
I'm buying a G75VX in the next few days.
Thanks adamsyes, your opinion was helpful.

Regards,

MB