cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP oil spill rendering

Retired
Not applicable
This is a rendering of 25k oil barrels falling using the unreal engine.

Pretty cool, and kinda disturbing how much oil is being wasted. Now gas prices are going to go up again 😞 I bet this is a conspiracy... Anyone know where you can get stock music like the one in the video? Its pretty cool.
5 REPLIES 5

ottoyu34
Level 9
That's a good visual of the barrels of oil going into the sea each day. Very sad 😞

Retired
Not applicable
That is one crazy visual. At first I thought the tower looked way too tall, especially since a 6x6 stack of barrels would be 36 barrels per height, but since they were wrapped around that tower, it was only 20 per stack. Made the tower a lot taller than it could have been for sure. Still very impressive though.

That music in the video was "Treadstone Assassins" from Bourne Identity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYaso7QeXqU

You can find a lot of cool music if you look for film scores instead of soundtrack music (score music is the stuff that's just instrumental.)

martin_metal_88
Level 8
nice for sure! I hope every one here is good enough to have concience of what is happening! on a video note, there is some bug in the image like missing barrel in some angle. Nice find brian!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Holy crap... that's a lot. Surprisingly, Arco's gas is still pretty cheap. In California it fluctuates from 2.91-3.01 - hasn't gotten much higher then that. Considering all the oil going to waste a day you'd think gas would be $5-6 a gallon...

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Yeah but that will only stimulate research and devlopment since we are loosing alot of fuel. More efficient car and more electric or other fuel car. So if fuel price go down all the money in research will help the economy:) that's good thing:P
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!