cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen Before Login

MrTDale
Level 7
Hello, I've recently installed an AMD Chipset for my ASUS Laptop (uninstalled it via AMD Cleanup Utility). While installing the .bat file that was provided even after running the AMD Cleanup Utility, I've noticed that some of the .inf files failed to import due to the problem "no more data available" during my installation of the drivers. Should I run another reinstallation?

Another thing is that even though I updated my AMD Display Drivers, the problem I was experiencing regarding bootup having a long black screen before the login seems to be back once again. One thing I've noticed is that when I uninstalled the AMD Display Drivers and was using the Microsoft Basic Adapter or when I Start-up in safe mode, the black screen was non-existent so I have a feeling the problem can be traced back to this display drivers. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?
2 REPLIES 2

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Can you disable the fast boot option if it is on and c what hapens !!!

To fix the Windows 10 black screen before login,
you will need to: Enable Safe Mode (via Recovery Environment)
Uninstall and Reinstall Your Graphics Driver,
and optionally, Disable Fast Boot.
This is from microsoft suport try it out it helped my friend that got a similar problem with his lap top

Had fast startup and hibernation disabled ever since 1809 since it was causing problems for my shutdown.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers but it fixes it: but only for one day. The next day, the problem seems to come back.