cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best/worst browser discussion

xeromist
This thread was split from the link below. Please feel free to discuss browser preferences and your reasons for loving/hating them here. 🙂

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19237-Cannot-login-with-Opera-12
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
18 REPLIES 18

Zka17
Level 16
Google Chrome is your friend... 🙂

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Opera is a relic from Windows XP days, I only use Firefox because of Stability, Ease of Use and the ALL POWERFUL Plugin's that can make it do exactly what I want when I want!...

BTW are they still charging you to own Opera still?

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Wow, I thought Opera was dead lol

xeromist
I use Opera and it works great. It's faster and more functional than Firefox out of the box (for me anyway). Firefox can be tweaked to do the things that Opera does with plugins but Opera does pretty much everything I need it to do without any plugins. I do use Firefox at the office because it allows me to be more consistent with the users' installations when testing.

As for the issue with this forum, it's an issue with the forum and not the browser. Simply setting Opera to identify as IE for this website works around the problem.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Opera is the best browser, by light-years..

speed
Level 12
EI9 is the best.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

Gorman
Level 12
Chrome is unquestionably faster since 2011, and now that it's plugins have caught up to and exceeded FF I couldn't justify staying with FF. There's a lot of cool stuff like sync and the good use of screen space (so even good for my netbook).

It seems like no contest now.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
Big fan of Chrome.

I despise IE. *used to be web developer if you're one you'll fully understand my hate for IE 😛
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

helami wrote:
I have been using Firefox for the longest time and I could say that it has to be one of the best browsers to come out. Chrome sure boasts of its acceleration features but that in itself proves to be a consequence as well.

Acceleration is not something that would be benefited by a lot of users and the ability to maximize and capitalize from it still depends on what you are browsing and doing with it.

So in summary, you don't care that Chrome is the fastest because you can't use it to the maximum of it's power?

It kind of makes sense in a "why would I want 16gb of RAM when I don't use 100% of 8gb of RAM" kind of way. But seeing as both are free I don't see why you wouldn't just pick the best one :S