oak2k
Level 7
Hi

my specs
Asus maximus vii hero
i7 4790k
8gb hyper x
cm hyper tx3 evo

my issue is my pc shuts down autmatically with qcode 00 on motherboard , it can hppen any time after 1 hr or after 1 second of use .
the motherboard was repaired (once some pins were bent). it was working fine for a week and this is happening . is my cpu dying ? or motherboard issue please guide me wht should i do
5 REPLIES 5

cljustin
Level 8
There's a chance that your CPU is failing. Can you try another CPU to see if you're still having issues? Also, are your bios up to date?

cljustin wrote:
There's a chance that your CPU is failing. Can you try another CPU to see if you're still having issues? Also, are your bios up to date?

bios is up to date . i dont have anyother cpu . can you tell if i can save my cpu from dying . its expensive,

kkn
Level 14
there is a solution to test if its the cpu, but then again you have to buy a cpu ( cheep one ) for that purpose.
you can fint em on ebay or maby on amazon. ( or what sort of used/new web store you use or trust ).
unless you have a friend that have one you can test.

Nate152

skecus
Level 9
I had the same issues a few months back, turned out the 4-pin EATX 12v was not pushed in all the way. The PC would boot up but after some use, it would power off with the Q-code 00