cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio CODEC S1220A B450-f Speaker Fill Windows 10

UberOriginal
Level 7
These ROG Strix audio issues have been driving me nuts. Had a B350-F, got a warranty refurbished B450-F replacement. Same damn issue. I have the latest audio driver from Asus (Version 6.0.1.8746) and the latest Chipset for B450-F from AMD(Revision Number 2.03.12.0657) as well as the latest video driver for Asus RX 560(Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Recommended (WHQL)). For speakers, I have a Bose Cinemate 15 home theater system for my FL Center and FR channels, and Bose Companion 2 for RL and RR. When I play music in any media player, it blows the doors off of the house, but for some reason on any video, movies, Netflix series, youtube, the Volume is about 5% of what it should be. I can't put my music above 30 without pissing other people in the house off, but if I am trying to watch a movie I can crank it up to 80-90 and I can barely hear a thing.

I first noticed with the original B350-f, at some point the "Speaker Fill" option disappeared. Problem persists with the B450-F. Been in IT a while now, and I believe I have covered all of the basics. I have done no less than 30 clean installs over the course of the last year and a half. I have tried in multiple media players, different formats. The problem still goes on in all video as well as video games. I am baffled by the fact that I can listen to music 100% like I should 14-20 is a very comfortable listening volume. I may have missed something obvious, any advice or guidance is welcome. Thank you!

UO
11 REPLIES 11

UberOriginal
Level 7
This is a desktop motherboard. I saved that site and I am sure I will use it in the future, but it has not resolved my issue yet. I may need to toy with the settings.

UberOriginal
Level 7
Well, it's not doing anything for me on my desktop motherboard. I did install the driver you suggested toronto699 tried to just install the 64-bit Realtek driver by itself but even running as administrator and it did nothing, I went to the driver setup.exe not the Asus installer and the problem still persists. For now when I watch movies I just need to turn the volume on my stereo way up. If anyone thinks of anything else please let me know.