Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS X299 Motherboards

Menthol
Level 14
It's getting close to release date for Intel's new HEDP X299
From TechPowerUP, VideoCards.com adn WccfTech

Intel’s board partners have displayed their next-generation X299 motherboards at Computex 2017. The new X299 motherboards feature powerful designs and support for Intel’s Skylake X and Kaby Lake X CPU families which we detailed here.
Intel X299 Motherboards Pictured – Powerful HEDT Designs For Intel’s Next-Gen 18 Core, Core X Series Processors, Up to 4400 MHz DDR4 DIMM Support

ASUS Prime X299-A

ASUS TUF X299 Mark 2

ASUS X299-E-Strix
33 REPLIES 33

sweet boards
loneliness is no crime it's me time.............now shut the door 😉

Korth
Level 14
Gonna hold out on flashy new Extreme for a while, lol, need the most egregious firmware bugs resolved haha
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Gonna hold out on flashy new Extreme for a while, lol, need the most egregious firmware bugs resolved haha

Where's the fun in that 🙂

Can you imagine the size a heatsink would have to be to effectively cool one of these on air, especially the Threadripper

Vlada011
Level 10
I saw ASUS X399 motherboards. Jesus Christ great new AMD socket.
AMD recognize that we notice AM4 socket look anemic and empty compare to Intel X99 and decide to change that...
Hooo hooo this is great, incredible, heeeeheeee...

ASUS RAMPAGE 6 EXTREME vs ROG ZENYTH EXTREME...
Both boards are great and I would be perfectly satisfied with any of them...

I hear some rumors that Intel Skylake-X will have cheap paste under ihs.
That's disaster. I hope AMD will be soldered. I doubt many people will delid 500-2000$ worth processors.
I would not delid mine even if they show me clear 20C difference.

Cable management on x399 Zenyth is great because 2x 8 pin CPU could be tight with 24pin with single zip tie or velcro tape.

Lets vote for nicer motherboard Rampage 6 vs Zenyth Extreme.
I vote for successor of mine Rampage 6.

Vlada011
Level 10
I can't wait to replace my forum Avatar with some of these two babies from pictures above.
I like these flat heatsinks on R6E and Port shields look fantastic on both boards.
What you say about marks for these boards, from 1 to 10.
Me
Rampage VI Extreme - 10
Rampage VI Apex - 10
ROG X399 Zenyth Extreme - 9.5

Actually ROG Zenyth Extreme is nicer than all Intel X299 except Rampage (Extreme and Apex)
And one thing is not logic for me... Why Rampage X299 Extreme have 8+4 CPU and Rampage X299 Apex 8+8 pin CPU...???
What you think? Maybe they design later and decide to go with 8+8 pin. Weird and interesting decision.

ASUS Rampage VI APEX will be best option for most gamers.
Except if they want to continue tradition of Rampage Extreme.
But Apex is extremely attractive board with excellent nice heatsink, great Port shield and very interesting PCB, with association on Intel Xtreme.
If price difference between Apex and Extreme is bigger ASUS will sell a lot of Apex motherboards.
Customers will be people who want CPU with 4 cores and up to Intel with 10-12 cores.

I recommend customers to look on Amazon bundles ASUS Rampage 6 Apex + Intel i7-7800X, i7-7820X, i9-7900X.
They could save some money on that way and could fast to replace hardware if something is wrong.
If Intel dissapoint them maybe Amazon will offer replace for ROG Zenyth.

upsnef
Level 8
I really like the Apex, love the new PCB design, happy to see something new instead of regular rectangle, the "X" remind me something................... 😉

for sure I'm more on esthetic side than performance

and the Extreme is gorgeous, maybe my next build or client build

upsnef wrote:
I really like the Apex, love the new PCB design, happy to see something new instead of regular rectangle, the "X" remind me something................... 😉

for sure I'm more on esthetic side than performance

and the Extreme is gorgeous, maybe my next build or client build

I'm completely loved in ASUS Rampage VI Apex.
At it's not because board have SATA Connector on sides.
I can't say exactly that Rampage Extreme is nicer, maybe is nicer but Apex is more interesting somehow.
Now ASUS APEX have and Supremacy FX, with Z270 she didn't had.
But my real recommendation is to people use dedicate sound card.
Onboard Audio for me is as Intel IGPU.

Now completely different situation than for X99... Few models, very strong line.
And we enjoy in ASUS look but BIOS shine on same way only we can't see that... but compare to other brands difference is even bigger maybe than nicer look..

I constantly think why APEX have 8+8 pin and Extreme 8+4pin... I think ASUS in future should go with 8+8 pin for such Xtreme motherboards.
it's not big deal at all but easier and look more interesting...

MP7
Level 7
Where are the 24pin angled connectors to the outside they put onto the IX Extreme Z270? I thought they will start putting them on x299 as well.*
Very disappointed, thought about buying one it seems I will have to go with another brand...*

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS X299 Rampage VI Extreme Motherboard | Computex