cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog vi x370 Hero (amd/Am4) unable to enter bios w/logitech g510s keyboard

MrGreaseMonkkey
Level 7
Im a proud owner of the ch6 and ryzen 1700x. I am having and issue with the motherboard, it seems that im unable to go into the bios and since im unable to press f1 ti enter the bios im basically stuck. I dont think it likes my logitech g510s keyboard or the bios has an issue. The current bios version is 702, there is also a beta bios available, but it has to be renamed so that i can put it on my usb drive and do a usb flashback. I need one of you that has a corsair ROG am4 board to download the beta bios from the website with the usb flashback renamer file, rename it and tell me the name of the file. This will allow me to flash the beta bios that will hopfully solve this issue.

Thanks

Fabian*
14 REPLIES 14

alejandrormz
Level 7
[HTML][/HTML]
MrGreaseMonkkey wrote:
Im a proud owner of the ch6 and ryzen 1700x. I am having and issue with the motherboard, it seems that im unable to go into the bios and since im unable to press f1 ti enter the bios im basically stuck. I dont think it likes my logitech g510s keyboard or the bios has an issue. The current bios version is 702, there is also a beta bios available, but it has to be renamed so that i can put it on my usb drive and do a usb flashback. I need one of you that has a corsair ROG am4 board to download the beta bios from the website with the usb flashback renamer file, rename it and tell me the name of the file. This will allow me to flash the beta bios that will hopfully solve this issue.

Thanks

Fabian*

*1. Download the latest BIOS update from Asus Support (.CAP file)
*2. Format a USB drive in FAT32 (single partition)
3. Copy the .CAP file
*4. Rename the .CAP file to C6H.CAP
5. Turn off your computer
6. Insert USB drive into the USB Port labeled "BIOS"
7. Press the "BIOS" button until it starts blinking. At this point if it blinks 3 times and then it stops, that is an error. Otherwise, the blinking will speed up (it takes 3-5 minutes) and then the light will go off. At that point:
8. Remove USB stick
9. Turn on computer
10. Enjoy!
Asus ROG G20CB-B10

MrGreaseMonkkey
Level 7
Thanks, I was able to flash to beta bios 5704 but this did not resolve my issue, I'm still unable to boot into bios. Maybe it does not like my keyboard smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does light up when posting. I'm able to boot into windows now, had to leave the keyboard unplug while booting up. Looks like i'm going to be returning this board to micro center and hopefully they'll be able to test the replacement on the spot to see if it works.

I have the same problem with the logitech g510 . You must use an normal keyboard to enter the bios.

Exoplast wrote:
I have the same problem with the logitech g510 . You must use an normal keyboard to enter the bios.

You've got to be kidding me. Normal keyboard with a $255 mobo. I've heard motherboard manufacturers had only 3 weeks to come up with a bios. Gonna buy the HP K1500 Wired Keyboard. What keyboard are you using to boot into the bios?

I have use an old GXT 830 from trust(you can buy it for 19 bucks) (what a shame for me ) to get in the bios . The Problem with that Board is that it do not full initialization all usb devices an there is no function to chance it in the bios ( Crosshair 5 has the function ).
Hopefully asus will fix it.

I was also thinking asus was kidding me . I get my Ryzen two days before world NDA and i cant use it because of that thing with the keyboard.

Exoplast wrote:

LOL it worked. I found the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 and it freaking worked. I was in shock for a min because it's the first time seeing the bios ever since I owned the motherboard. I wanted to overclock but most important, I needed to adjust the 1.52vcore I was seeing in CPUz with stock bios settings as i felt it was too high. Any of you guys know what the max recommenced voltage is for this architecture?

Thankyou guys for all of your help, HAPPY GAMING!

I have the Asus Prime x370-pro and the G510s. Samme issue. Keyboard does not work to enter the bios.

With my previous motherboard asus maximus ranger viii the keyboard worked on the 2002 bios but not on the 3xxx bioses. Something asus did in a bios update removed the G510s from working with asus bios. I then downgraded to 2002 again and keyboard started working in the bios again.

If asus could also improve the bios startup compability with 3440x1440 monitors that would be great.