cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RIG STRIX X570-E Gaming Random Shutdown

AG592
Level 7
Paired with an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, I have this weird issue where my system would shut down without warning. I cannot turn it back on without killing the power to the board first (by flipping the switch on the power supply or plugging it out the wall). I'm not sure what exactly is giving the problem, but I'd like to think its a board issue.
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
The problem is most likely a random dead short, this is why you need to remove power from PSU or use the switch to reset - I would look for unused power connector touching the body of your case (as example possible source). While it is possible to be hardware, this isn't normally random.

I seen standoff screw for the motherboard used in wrong location, actually cause this issue (once) was near video card and as it heated up the additional pressure caused the dead short. I wish you luck in finding the issue, they can be annoying to locate.

Another source could be PSU is in over voltage/amp situation and is protecting itself or a defective PSU - typically these are rare given random occurrence.

UltraNEO_
Level 11
AG592 wrote:
Paired with an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, I have this weird issue where my system would shut down without warning. I cannot turn it back on without killing the power to the board first (by flipping the switch on the power supply or plugging it out the wall). I'm not sure what exactly is giving the problem, but I'd like to think its a board issue.

Try rebuilding the system outside the case and see does the problem go away... If it STILL does it, it's not gonna be a random short as the other suggested.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

I have the exact same issue and also X570 plus (wifi) paired with Ryzen 7 3800x, and the weird thing is it happens only when I play online, like Valorant or PUPG Steam, but casual games and AAAs , the sudden shutdown never took place

I tried play on wifi, and cable, and changing PSU, And check CPU temperature and GPU temperature, also I changed the Display port cable with a 2.1 HDMI, and reinstalling all drivers after removing using DDU, and update bios and all windows updates, Nothing works, always a sudden shutdown and I must turn off power !

Any help is really appreciated 

Sammoura
Level 7

All right my problem has been solved by upgrading to a higher Watt power supply, it turn out that my new graphics card is causing more power to be consumed and this more power draw turn out to be severe when gaming online, I don't know why specifically gaming online shows the problem rather than AAA Games !! But this is what happen, now the problem disappeared.