cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Prime b450m-a/csm OS Install Issues

SamsungASUS
Level 7
So, I recently got an Asus Prime b450m-a/csm motherboard and had some issues installing the OS I want on there. I had recently tried installing Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64x on the computer, but it always blue screens during the installation. I’ve tried every solution I can think of and even RMAed the board and got a new one, but the blue screens keep happening over and over again. However, when I installed Windows 10 on the computer, it seemed to work perfectly fine. Can you please help me try to get Windows 7 on the computer, or at least explain to me why Windows 7 won’t work on my computer?
4 REPLIES 4

Mixer
Level 7
The question I have is, why Windows 7 ? Are there even Asus drivers? If you have a license for 7, then 10 is free. Otherwise, you'll be battling this thing forever. Even Linux Mint would be easier.

SamsungASUS wrote:
So, I recently got an Asus Prime b450m-a/csm motherboard and had some issues installing the OS I want on there. I had recently tried installing Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64x on the computer, but it always blue screens during the installation. I’ve tried every solution I can think of and even RMAed the board and got a new one, but the blue screens keep happening over and over again. However, when I installed Windows 10 on the computer, it seemed to work perfectly fine. Can you please help me try to get Windows 7 on the computer, or at least explain to me why Windows 7 won’t work on my computer?

Mixer wrote:
The question I have is, why Windows 7 ? Are there even Asus drivers? If you have a license for 7, then 10 is free. Otherwise, you'll be battling this thing forever. Even Linux Mint would be easier.

Because Windows 7 doesn’t have all the issues that Windows 10 has. And yes, my motherboard does have drivers for Windows 7.

[Issues, what? Don't believe all that you read.

I completely understand your hesitancy. I too had two Win7 computers. One I updated to Win 10 with minor issues. I mainly did that for compatibility with software. It runs great, less problems, faster, and more security. The other I installed Linux Mint on. It is awesome easy, fast, extremely secure and came with just about any software I needed for everything but gaming. Keep hassling with Win7, I can understand. But, eventually you'll have to make the switch.

QUOTE=SamsungASUS;801260]Because Windows 7 doesn’t have all the issues that Windows 10 has. And yes, my motherboard does have drivers for Windows 7.

raju2529
Level 7
reason is versy simple , latest processors from AMD and from INTEL designed some processors suchaway that does not support windows 7 64bit all editions.

your motherboard banned the windows 7 os for installing.
BIOS firmware does not windows 7 codes
Even from the AMD processors

do you i am using asus vicobook 15 r542uq-dm153 with intel i5 7200u only supports windows 10. because the processors chipset loimited to windows 10.

windows 7 could not installed, same bsod .

so i would recommed you to keep windows 10 1909 18363.753
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754