cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Advanced RMA is a joke, slow and archaic.

broken_pixel
Level 7
I would like to state the advanced RMA service sucks. For one it takes forever for them to process the credit card info you have to fax to them, 48hrs. (EVGA instant 1.00 hold) Second the guy who initially sent out the form did not attached the form, so I had to call again to get the form sent to me. It has been 48 hrs since they have received my form and no word yet, I call ASUS they don't have any info on the credit card processing time for the hold. Slow, slow, slow.

Note to ASUS- I started a thread about an NEX1500 power supply having some coil wine on the EVGA forums. The next day I had an email with instructions giving me a complimentary RMA service with PSU dropped ship with only a 1.00 hold on my credit card. Everything is on there website. Customer products, credit card info for drop ship etc.

Good afternoon,

I am following up with you regarding your EVGA NEX1500 power supply and your forum thread: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1936457&mpage=1#1936695.
I can assist with a complimentary Advance RMA to replace the power supply and sine your current one works, minus the coil whine, we can eliminate any down time. Also I will request the new unit be tested 24 hours prior to shipping to ensure 100% functionality. If you would like me to start this up please verify your shipping address and send me a copy of the receipt from Micro Center. Also more details of the Advance RMA program can be found here: http://www.evga.com/support/ear/Default.asp.

Thank you and have a nice day J

As for ASUS advanced RMA procedure, it is slow, archaic and inefficient. I feel sorry for small bushinesses who have to use this so called advanced RMA service to get back up and running. So basically I will get my board replacement in over 1.5 weeks time with next day air selected. A few years ago I used the normal RMA process and relieved a placement in a week. WTF ASUS ADVANCED RMA.

I am now officially an X ASUS customer. Out of all the mainboards I have owned in my life my most expensive board, an ASUS RE4 almost catches fire. I have never had a board almost catch fire, prob fired my memory too.

One last rant why do you have to go to an external ASUS site to log into these forums? Again more inefficiency coming from ASUS.
R4BE BIOS 0701 3930K @ 4.7GHz +0.005 XSPC Raystorm H20 block 16GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 2133MHz 9-11-10-27-1N SuperNOVA 1600 G2 XFX 290x XFX 290x 2x CL4100 240GB Intel RAID 0 Revo3 240GB XFI Win10 Enterprise TM HOTAS Warthog Slaw device BF-109 pedals TrackIR 5X270OC @ 2560x1440 @ 100Hz

26 REPLIES 26

chrsplmr wrote:
If the competitors had the sales volume that Asus enjoys they would be happy to contend
with the minuscule, yet unfortunate, number of RMA issues endured by the Asus loyal. imho.
I have witnessed first hand the efforts by Asus to remedy this as it continues to improve
customer satisfaction and cl-
.c.

In other words "ASUS can **** people over because they make a lot of money from other sales"... Terrible logic chrsplmr >_> Why should ASUS be allowed to act like an asshole or use illegal practices just because they are rich?

I don't know of ASUS ever really remedies situations once they go bad, all that the cl- told me is that "we can't help you".

And yes, I'm still mad that I bought an expensive laptop, found it had serious workmanship faults that makes it spend 9 months / 2 years being repaired, getting told "no we won't give you a refund or replacement" despite legally being required to, and then having cl- laugh and say "no we can't help". Tons of people get ****ed over by ASUS, it's not a 'minuscule' amount. I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to have a good RMA experience with ASUS, but it's certainly exceedingly rare.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I know you 'got boned'. And there was never an excuse for that. I said so at the time, I'm saying it again.
I have long advocated 'ship a new one' .. the customer loyalty and referrals alone would more than
offset the expense.
I don't know about tons, I only know what I see here and what little I know about the sales volume
involved .. the number IS minuscule by comparison.
That doesn't in any way, or was it meant to be implied, that for those that are the ones, like yourself,
that have been flat out 'bent over and screwed' should be happy and thankful to allow it.
There has been improvement in moving this in a positive direction .. but far, far from the total
satisfaction 100% of the time that it should be.
I also know, for example, that a good customer also like yourself continues to use the products
and are not going away. They would be much better off as a company if they rewarded that with
fulfilling their original obligation to you and replaced your laptop as they should have from the rip.
I said that then, I am saying it now. You are owed. They should pay up and settle it.
That should be the policy.
Now 'contending with' and 'blowing off' are two separate things. Thank you for the opportunity
to make this point as fully illustrated by your response to me.

I take great joy in seeing you 'bang them in the head' over this issue at every
opportunity-as you should until resolved which is the point entirely.c.

broken_pixel
Level 7
Rise thread, rise from the dead. The board ASUS sent as a new in box replacment died a few days ago, so it lasted about 5 months like my other board did. Well atleast this one went quiet and without smoke and frizzle frying of the MOSFETS. I dont look forword to the RMA experience but this time around I bought a replacment already. Lets hope the RIVEBE is design flaw free, $hit for 500 bucks it should be. I think this time around I am going to record every call to ASUS and Pegatron, it will make a nice youtube viral video about the quality of ASUS RMA service. Here we go again, wooohoo!
R4BE BIOS 0701 3930K @ 4.7GHz +0.005 XSPC Raystorm H20 block 16GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 2133MHz 9-11-10-27-1N SuperNOVA 1600 G2 XFX 290x XFX 290x 2x CL4100 240GB Intel RAID 0 Revo3 240GB XFI Win10 Enterprise TM HOTAS Warthog Slaw device BF-109 pedals TrackIR 5X270OC @ 2560x1440 @ 100Hz

Raja
Level 13
Make sure you cool the VRMs on your boards actively - otherwise you risk thermally breaking down the onboard FETs. With watercooled systems that are overclocked this is important. As you elected not to engage about system setup specifics, I imagine you're going to make life very difficult for any service agent. I suggest you go through the CLM team. Drop me a PM with your details including the board serial number and I will forward it.

I want that board to come back to one of our team in CA so we can take a look at it. At this point, I want to make sure that the system is setup the way it needs to be to sustain a long-term OC. I suspect something has been left out in the past - I need an accurate picture of how this board was used I need to know what steps you have in place to facilitate a long-term sustainable OC on a board.

If the boards are failing, thats something we need to look into. At the same time, claiming it to be only the board's fault and not providing ALL info about how you setup your systems isn't going to fly well with me. Venting frustration is fine, but if this is all about attack and not providing info, then this isn't going to solve a thing for you or us.

My role in this is to ensure that the info is complete, and that we save further failures - even those that have been building systems 20+ years have things they need to learn.

What I will not allow here is crude jabs when you're not willing to engage properly yourself.

72 hours+
and my cross ship is still "being processed"

broken_pixel
Level 7
I still have not sent in my R4E for the quick n easy RMA solution ASUS offers, I just bought the R4BE and hope for the best from the Silicon Gods.

Raja
Level 13
In that case: Thread closed.