cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Advanced RMA is a joke, slow and archaic.

broken_pixel
Level 7
I would like to state the advanced RMA service sucks. For one it takes forever for them to process the credit card info you have to fax to them, 48hrs. (EVGA instant 1.00 hold) Second the guy who initially sent out the form did not attached the form, so I had to call again to get the form sent to me. It has been 48 hrs since they have received my form and no word yet, I call ASUS they don't have any info on the credit card processing time for the hold. Slow, slow, slow.

Note to ASUS- I started a thread about an NEX1500 power supply having some coil wine on the EVGA forums. The next day I had an email with instructions giving me a complimentary RMA service with PSU dropped ship with only a 1.00 hold on my credit card. Everything is on there website. Customer products, credit card info for drop ship etc.

Good afternoon,

I am following up with you regarding your EVGA NEX1500 power supply and your forum thread: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1936457&mpage=1#1936695.
I can assist with a complimentary Advance RMA to replace the power supply and sine your current one works, minus the coil whine, we can eliminate any down time. Also I will request the new unit be tested 24 hours prior to shipping to ensure 100% functionality. If you would like me to start this up please verify your shipping address and send me a copy of the receipt from Micro Center. Also more details of the Advance RMA program can be found here: http://www.evga.com/support/ear/Default.asp.

Thank you and have a nice day J

As for ASUS advanced RMA procedure, it is slow, archaic and inefficient. I feel sorry for small bushinesses who have to use this so called advanced RMA service to get back up and running. So basically I will get my board replacement in over 1.5 weeks time with next day air selected. A few years ago I used the normal RMA process and relieved a placement in a week. WTF ASUS ADVANCED RMA.

I am now officially an X ASUS customer. Out of all the mainboards I have owned in my life my most expensive board, an ASUS RE4 almost catches fire. I have never had a board almost catch fire, prob fired my memory too.

One last rant why do you have to go to an external ASUS site to log into these forums? Again more inefficiency coming from ASUS.
R4BE BIOS 0701 3930K @ 4.7GHz +0.005 XSPC Raystorm H20 block 16GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 2133MHz 9-11-10-27-1N SuperNOVA 1600 G2 XFX 290x XFX 290x 2x CL4100 240GB Intel RAID 0 Revo3 240GB XFI Win10 Enterprise TM HOTAS Warthog Slaw device BF-109 pedals TrackIR 5X270OC @ 2560x1440 @ 100Hz

26 REPLIES 26

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
broken pixel wrote:
7 more days and they still have not sent me a board back 😞 They have both of my boards now :(. chrsplm I can't find the Albert guy to PM?

Just sent you a PM broken pixel (from cl-Albert), so if there are still problems and you haven't seen my message, please let us know. Thanks.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
broken pixel wrote:
7 more days and they still have not sent me a board back 😞 They have both of my boards now :(. chrsplm I can't find the Albert guy to PM?

Broken pixel, wanted to apologize again for the delay and problems as well as give you an update.
Unfortunately, it will take some time to set up, but we are planning to cross-ship a brand new board from our end this time instead of a refurbished board, and still waiting for all the details to be sorted out.
Jolene should be contacting you again when everything is ready to go.

We work separately from the call center, so check with Jolene or I for updates about this arrangement. Thanks.

chrsplmr
Level 18
worry not of this .. you have caught the eye of the best of the best .. whatever can be done .. will be.
answer here .. PM .. those that have asked, then answer here, it will be seen.c.

Yep, I have post around here that tells the horrors of my RMA. I got two bad boards in a row from the RMA service. The third board was an advanced RMA and that took about two weeks. Of which, they lost my first Advanced RMA form.

I am in the market for a GTX 780 and after my motherboard debacle, I will be headed back to EVGA for the card instead of Asus...god forbid the 780 goes belly up I'd be SOL. 😕

If Asus would just throw a little more effort behind their RMA service they would do really well. Look at EVGA and Apple for guidance on these things and Asus would have a more loyal following.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

broken_pixel
Level 7
Great news! Thank you for the support and the update. 🙂 I hope they can overnight the board since I did pay for overnight shipping and received a dead board the first time. I was also told the second board was going to be overnight shipping but it was not.
Thanks again,
Jason
R4BE BIOS 0701 3930K @ 4.7GHz +0.005 XSPC Raystorm H20 block 16GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 2133MHz 9-11-10-27-1N SuperNOVA 1600 G2 XFX 290x XFX 290x 2x CL4100 240GB Intel RAID 0 Revo3 240GB XFI Win10 Enterprise TM HOTAS Warthog Slaw device BF-109 pedals TrackIR 5X270OC @ 2560x1440 @ 100Hz

HiVizMan
Level 40
Progress - pleased to see this.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Progress - pleased to see this.

There seems to be bad service from the Pegatrongroup call center and whatever company refurbishes ASUS mainboards. I am sure they do not get paid well after seeing first hand there handy work, or there QA department is in desperate need of prescription glasses.

So basically when ASUS split into three different subsidiary company's they messed up.

And the almost one month grueling RMA process is still grinds away. At least it seems to be getting some oil and refurbished cogs.

Sucks for me as I have lost 2x 4GB sticks of my 16GB triple ch dominator kit during the first board death and I lost about 500.00 in cryptographic currency profit.

broken_pixel
Level 7
Finally a new board that works, thanks everyone for all the help.

KPRage
Level 10
Broken Pixel, may be now, you can change the title of the Thread eh!? 😛 Welcome to REAL ASUS.. 😉 He he..

Glad it worked out mate.. Please keep us posted on how its going for you.. Sorry for your loses.. Hope the board will now make it up to you.. 🙂

Cheers,
KP
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂

chrsplmr
Level 18
If the competitors had the sales volume that Asus enjoys they would be happy to contend
with the minuscule, yet unfortunate, number of RMA issues endured by the Asus loyal. imho.
I have witnessed first hand the efforts by Asus to remedy this as it continues to improve
customer satisfaction and cl-
.c.