cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Bulldozer Giveaway

Cyrekk
Level 10
I am not sure why I haven't posted about this here already, but AMD is doing a giveaway for their new FX series processors. You can submit daily, so all you CHV owners salivating over the upcoming launch of BD, here is a chance at being one of the first to get your hands on it, not to mention at no cost.

Link.

Good luck!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS
14 REPLIES 14

Area_66
Level 11
Not sure I still want to purchase AMD stuff anymore

Retired
Not applicable
MarkedOne wrote:
Not sure I still want to purchase AMD stuff anymore

Hi, be angry at Quebec silly legal system, not AMD, or any other company for that matter: http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=2&file=/L_6/L6.htm#s58

Basically, that very useful ministry forces companies to pay a tax on their prize, even for giveaways. Now if every provinces, territories and states would do that, we wouldn't ever get giveaways anymore. Some of Quebec's laws are really ill adapted to the new reality of Internet, the professional code is another example.

Cyrekk
Level 10
Woah! That really sucks man, sorry to see that... I wonder why not?
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Kipper
Level 10
Probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than one of the five processors they are going to give away.

Must have something to do with AMD claiming expenses or a customs thing on not allowing our Canuck neighbors from entering.

Area_66
Level 11
No it’s work with other provinces. And look at this line in their rules; if it's something they have to do because of a Canadian law, they may just have say nothing about it and ask this stupid question to every winner. I guess they deal with a marketing company for the draw, and it’s probably because the draw is not bilingual, making it inadmissible for Quebecois, Some may not understand everything. It as to do with a marketing firm as it’s always the same. I wonder what they do with all this info collected about us and it's may be another reason why it's not legal in Quebec. Anyway will it gone make me lost my sleep ....

"Potential winner(s) from Canada may be required to correctly answer a mathematical skills-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize"

MarkedOne wrote:
"Potential winner(s) from Canada may be required to correctly answer a mathematical skills-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize"

Hahaha, bring it on AMD, I look forward to them testing my skill ;).
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
most contest and marketing gigs are only open to the US. Just seems to be the way it is now in days.

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
most contest and marketing gigs are only open to the US. Just seems to be the way it is now in days.

This particular one is available in Canada as well. Just not in Quebec.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

chrsplmr
Level 18
do you have a link? i looked for it on amd..didnt see it.c.