cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A weird GPU cooler

abvolt
Level 11
Here's your next enthusiasts GPU cooler, I would have use the cooler master V8..

Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20
5 REPLIES 5

X-ROG
Level 15
Ahh Titan Fenrir! I went to the Titan factory/HQ several years ago.

Thankfully you've got an ASUS card with PCB bracket! You'll need it with that ~kilo of cooler! :eek: You'll need a fan or a duct to blow over the VRMs too. I found a CM Seidon LCLC works great on a GTX 580.

Antronman
Level 10
This takes me back to wayyy before I even knew how to use a computer. The intel pentium 3s and 4s were some of the best CPUs you could afford. People who got 2.0GHz were considered OC gods. PC DIY wasn't go on pcpartpicker, pick some parts, go on frozencpu and head over to the eksubstore. People had homemade air-cooling solutions, and anybody with a WC loop had access to a metal cutter and casting. People used car radiators. They had crude, cheap mounting mechanisms.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

kkn
Level 14
HAH, a friend o mine OC'd a intel 400mhz CPU to 1GHZ 😛
and lets say it was just to test since it went belly up after that 😛

PowerOver9K
Level 9
Yeah, I used to play the extreme cooler game. I have an Asetek Vapochill sitting in my closet :cool:
Mobo: Rampage IV BE | CPU: i7-4930@4.5ghz Hexacore | RAM: 32GB Corsair V-Pro | GPU: 4xR9 290X Quadfire | PSU: eVGA P2 SuperNOVA 1000W\G2 850W | Chassis: NZXT Phantom 820 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block\4xEK 290X Block\2x Laing D5\XSPC Dual Bay Res\Phobya G-Changer 1080 External Rad\Alphacool 140UT60\XSPC AX360 | Fan Con: Lamptron CW611 | Tube: Primochill Adv. LRT Bloodshed Red | 3xCrossover 27" 2560x1440 Monitors | Build Log of Insanity

PowerOver9K wrote:
Yeah, I used to play the extreme cooler game. I have an Asetek Vapochill sitting in my closet :cool:

Well what's it doing in there?
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me