cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

752VW Battery's wire demaged

apridos
Level 7
Hi,

Battery's wire demaged inside the laptop.
I've check it. Can it be replaced? Or there's something I can do?

Thankyou!
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
It looks like the insulation may not actually be broken. You don't want the wires to be repeatedly crushed as they could get damaged but as long as the copper wire inside isn't broken or exposed everything will still work. Did it stop working?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It looks like the insulation may not actually be broken. You don't want the wires to be repeatedly crushed as they could get damaged but as long as the copper wire inside isn't broken or exposed everything will still work. Did it stop working?

It is can not be charged anymore.

xeromist
The only way to get an official replacement cable installed would be RMA. ASUS doesn't sell those separately.

If RMA doesn't work for you then those leads could be repaired by someone with basic electronics skills. Any shop that does electronics repair could fix that wire. However, if the insulation did get broken then there could have been a short which would damage the electronics. Repairing the wire wouldn't be enough if something else has been damaged. I would inspect the area for melted wire or scorching.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
The only way to get an official replacement cable installed would be RMA. ASUS doesn't sell those separately.

If RMA doesn't work for you then those leads could be repaired by someone with basic electronics skills. Any shop that does electronics repair could fix that wire. However, if the insulation did get broken then there could have been a short which would damage the electronics. Repairing the wire wouldn't be enough if something else has been damaged. I would inspect the area for melted wire or scorching.

I think the problem is just the wire.
I will repair it by melted wire.

Thankyou so much for the advice!

xeromist
OK, if you do it yourself just make sure the resulting fix is well insulated. Use heat shrink tubing for the best results.