cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***4K UHD Wallpaper Competition*** Rules and voting

AkaNe0
Level 10
Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for your participation to the Wallpaper Competition. In the past month we had some very good entries and now it's time to vote.

See all the entries here: http://rog.asus.com/329652014/labels/community/4k-wallpaper-competition-vote-for-your-favorite/

Please find below the rules:

Voting Rules

Public voting period: July 10th 12:01am (GMT +0) and will stop on July 24th 12:01am (GMT +0)

ROG forum members need to have 10 days membership on July 6th to have a maximum of 3 votes. The one under 10 days have the right to vote for only one entry.
ROG forum members have the right to vote one time during the public voting period.
ROG forum members can vote for a maximum of 3 entries.
ROG forum members can vote for the same wallpapers author, but for different wallpaper entry.
ROG forum members can't vote for their own wallpapers.
At the end of the public voting period, ROG staff from ASUS HQ will be chosen the winner from the top 10 entries.

We reserve the right to reject vote that do not meet requirements.

Voting format

Voting order doesn’t make any difference. One vote equal one point.
1 – Author’s name - Post #
2 – Author’s name – Post #
3 – Author’s name – Post #

Please post your vote in this thread.

Prizes

• ASUS PB287Q 4K UHD Monitor for the winner (ROG staff decide from top 10).
  • Maximus VII Gene and a ROG Front Base for the winner (ROG staff decide from top 10). The wallpaper’s author needs to have 30 days membership and 15 posts on ROG forum before July 5th.

Computex Prize

The winners will be chosen by ROG staff at ASUS HQ during the voting period. One game code will be chosen per best wallpaper based around each new product launched.

• ARES III
• Maximus VII Formula
• Maximus VII Impact
• Crossblade Ranger
• GR8
• G20
• GX500
• GK2000
• Gladius
• PG278Q
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
118 REPLIES 118

ZenBloom
Level 7
i smell manipulation

Static_FX
Level 10
I also agree that new people should not get to vote. For someone to sign up and have ONE post, and that post is a vote? Im not pointing finguers because im sure there are some legit. But I dont think any new members should get to vote at all. 🙂

armatek
Level 7
You guys should have showed all the wallpaper before voting, because most people didn't see them all so yeah..

armatek wrote:
You guys should have showed all the wallpaper before voting, because most people didn't see them all so yeah..

they did..all are here. thats how you pick the 3 you like
http://rog.asus.com/329652014/labels/community/4k-wallpaper-competition-vote-for-your-favorite/

Static_FX wrote:
they did..all are here. thats how you pick the 3 you like
http://rog.asus.com/329652014/labels/community/4k-wallpaper-competition-vote-for-your-favorite/

oh, didn't see that, thanks!

Nightfire
Level 7
ANARCHIST – POST #126 (doesn't seem to load very well full screen)
BLOODYWALKER – POST #69
KNOTIC – POST #700-2

Based on the fact that I would actually love to use these as a wallpaper myself.

lgxstarburst
Level 7
i dont think its going to matter.. ROG admins will tally the votes and pick the ones they like. theres a popular vote and then an admin vote. i think thats only fair.
The day when we can no longer differentiate between computer and man is the day man no longer matters.....

Eskaza
Level 7
It is a dishonesty. Firstly, the voter should be a member of forum from at least 1 July. This makes 1 week. Secondly, I actually do not need that monitor or any other prize. I am not that cheap to make a cheat for 650 USD and steal peoples work and rights. At least this is what I think. As said above many people have many friends to get vote. Even one of the contributors is a popular one in Twitter with 20,000 followers (I have a columnist relative who is 20,000 at followers) he/she can promote his/her work to get votes. I can. But I do not.

Eskaza wrote:
It is a dishonesty. Firstly, the voter should be a member of forum from at least 1 July. This makes 1 week. Secondly, I actually do not need that monitor or any other prize. I am not that cheap to make a cheat for 650 USD and steal peoples work and rights. At least this is what I think. As said above many people have many friends to get vote. Even one of the contributors is a popular one in Twitter with 20,000 followers (I have a columnist relative who is 20,000 at followers) he/she can promote his/her work to get votes. I can. But I do not.

Well go ahead.. I don't get why you are upset.. ASUS changed the rules.. everyone basically can vote but it gives them one vote only.

Invite away I guess. I don't understand why it's dishonest to invite people to vote for you.. that's why ASUS changed the rules to begin with.. they want exposure.

I would have also liked that it was limited to forum only and only people registered prior the competition.. but that's not what ASUS wants.

If you are going to be angry at someone be angry at ASUS for revising the rules.

Plus I don't really see anyone getting insane number of votes to begin with.. Yeah, I had 2 votes in a row.. big deal.

I highly doubt there will be 20,000 new registered users voting for a $700 monitor wallpaper competition. (Btw, I have 2 of them already so it's not like I'm desperate to win one - I just did this to make a nicer wallpaper just like others more as an exercise than anything else - if I get in top 10 great if not life goes on)

Bozzified wrote:
Well go ahead.. I don't get why you are upset.. ASUS changed the rules.. everyone basically can vote but it gives them one vote only.

Invite away I guess. I don't understand why it's dishonest to invite people to vote for you.. that's why ASUS changed the rules to begin with.. they want exposure.

I would have also liked that it was limited to forum only and only people registered prior the competition.. but that's not what ASUS wants.

If you are going to be angry at someone be angry at ASUS for revising the rules.

Plus I don't really see anyone getting insane number of votes to begin with.. Yeah, I had 2 votes in a row.. big deal.

I highly doubt there will be 20,000 new registered users voting for a $700 monitor wallpaper competition. (Btw, I have 2 of them already so it's not like I'm desperate to win one - I just did this to make a nicer wallpaper just like others more as an exercise than anything else - if I get in top 10 great if not life goes on)

good argument lol.. i only want the mobo haha
The day when we can no longer differentiate between computer and man is the day man no longer matters.....