cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 days

milomilo
Level 7
Hello,

This is my first time posting on the ROG forums, and with a good reason.
In december 2011 I bought myself a ASUS ROG laptop, the g53s. Last month 2012/04/15, the little pin inside the power input came off. After some research i found out that this was a common problem with the g53s series, there where many stories of people with the same problems and even solutions on how to prevent/fix this.
But i still had quite some time on my warranty left so i decided to RMA my laptop. I send it in on April 16, and i got an RMA verification of ASUS on april 18.
It is now May 11, and i have not seen a sign of my laptop. It has been in the same status for nearly a month now:
Waiting-[WB1] Wait for Material/Spare Parts

I have called 5 times and they keep brushing me off.
The first time i called was about 2 weeks after i send in my laptop. I asked them why the status of me laptop had not changed(reading on these forums most of the people received theirs back in about 8 days). They told me they would expedite the process.
The second time i called was a few days later. The status had not changed and i wanted to know why? ASUS told me they were very sorry for the inconvenience and that they would make my case a priority. A guy saying he was from the tech department called me back a few minutes later telling me they would look into it and that they would call me back within 48 hours.
The third time i called was 48 hours later. i had not received the promised phone call and wanted to know why. Again they apologized and promised me that this time they would definitely call me back within 48 hours with a status update this time.
The fourth time i called was earlier today. Again, 48 hours later. I did not receive the promised call, and again they promised me the EXACT same thing the last 2 times i called. I asked to speak to a manager or a supervisor, they connected me to a answering machine.
I called back 10 minutes later, the fifth time, to ask to talk to a supervisor, a manager or the tech department. They brushed me off smoothly and hung up.

I assure you i have never mistreated any of the people that i called, they are just doing their job. I have never been rude. I never got mad. I just want my laptop back 😞 its a 1200 dollar laptop and my main computer. I am now writing this on my wives 5 year old mac. I cannot get any work done nor can i play any of my favorite games that all seem to come out this month.
ASUS has let me down completely and is not treating me like a customer, they rather just promise me lies one after another.
I am thinking of taking this up with my lawyer, but i doubt there is much I can do. So i will be posting this every day, until I get my laptop back. That has been the only thing i wanted from the start. So it seems only fair.
Thank you for reading this.

Emile
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please contact the author (Mason) via PM of this thread dealing with RMA

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4805-ASUS-US-amp-Canada-RMA-Guide&country=&status=
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Emile .... Welcome to ROG ... Worry not. Do as HiViz suggests ..
Please make yourself @ home ... c.

i will try, thank you for the help 🙂

So, no news yet 😞 Tomorrow its gonna be a month since I send my laptop in.
Its also 48 hours later since I called ASUS and they promised to call me back or mail me back. No calls all day, and no emails.
So lets make that the 3th time they lied to me 🙂
This is starting to become incredibly rude.
I have taken the advice you guys gave me to and send that guy a pm with my situation. Its 2 days later and i've heard nothing back. I just lost 950dollars too, I was unable to finish a deadline because i didn't have my laptop. I had never thought i would be in this situation. I keep calling and mailing, and for some reason they just keep ignore me.
I will NEVER buy ASUS again, and I would recommend people living in america to do the same, i don't know what the customer service is like in Europe but here it seems non existent.
GIVE ME MY LAPTOP BACK!

well I'm calling them tomorrow, if i get the same lame promise that they will call me in 2 days again i will just file a complaint with the BBB i guess.

found this after looking on BBB:

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

ASUS Computer International
Find a Location
Phone: (510) 739-3777
Fax: (510) 797-2102
View Additional Phone Numbers
800 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA 94539
http://www.asus.com
! There is an alert for this business !

We have identified a pattern of complaints concerning customer service and service issues. Complaints processed by the BBB claim that 1) products sent to the company for repairs are still not working properly when returned to the consumer.
2) Customers calling the company are asked to call back or told they will receive a call back and in many cases don't.

BBB asked the company to respond to the pattern but has received no reply to our request.

I feel like an idiot now buying asus. guess its my fault for trusting these scammers, i did not do my research

HiVizMan
Level 40
Can you confirm you sent a PM to mason? Please send one to raja@asus too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i can confirm i sent a pm to mason, I have this in my sent box: RMA help Mason@ASUS
i will send one to the other person, but i doubt it will be of much help. To bad people can't legally take them to court for this. Maybe that would make them stop ****ting all over their customers.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Just found out that mason is on leave at present. That would explain why he has not responded to you. And I can tell you he is good people mate. He has gone way out of his way to help folks.

Look the RMA experience you are having sucks. And please do not think I am supporting or in anyway condoning the rubbish service you have received. No one, not just you should be messed around when they have an issue with a product they have bought. And I do not care if the product cost $50 or $500 or even $5000 - it is not acceptable.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I also can support HiVizMan about Mason, he did go way and above for me as well. I have a good working Crosshair IV Formula because of him. the Support system had really dropped the ball on me and it took 3 months and two bad boards and Three RMA's before I learned of Mason and got him working on it, then it was only a matter of a week and all was good.