cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme RGB show green and red only

PlBaCuHe
Level 7
Good day, yesterday i've updated to latest bios my Zenith II, after rebooting, Armoury Crate was also updated.

Now the led strips connected to the MB only show green and red colours, and also have a very dim light.

The strips works perfectly when the PC boot up, showing correctly the rainbow pattern, only when windows boot up and armoury crate load, the strips turn red/green.

Other device with RGB led (DRAM/Argb Fans) works ok.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled armoury crate (using asus removal tool), and i've also tried OpenRGB, but the problem persist.

How can i solve this?
5 REPLIES 5

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi PlBaCuHe,
If you change the aura sync color to other color like blue or yellow, do the strips still show green and red colors?
Which headers do you connect the stripes?
Does it also occur on bios 1603 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi PlBaCuHe,
If you change the aura sync color to other color like blue or yellow, do the strips still show green and red colors?
Which headers do you connect the stripes?
Does it also occur on bios 1603 with bios all default settings(no OC)?
Thank you.

Using static color option, some colors are shown, like blue, but they are very dimmed.
Other color doesn't work, like yellow, purple, cyan/ice blue, instead the strip partially light up with other colors (very dim red or green).

Generally the light is very dim on the strip, other rgb device like the dram modules seems to work ok.

the strips are connected to both ARGB headers on the motherboard.

this occurs on latest bios 1603 with stock settings (i don't OC anything)

before latest bios update, with the 1502 bios, everything was working OK, and armoury crate was installed of course.

to be more accurate, the strips show only red/green and many led stay off (with large portion on the strips that doesn't light up), that happens only when armoury crate/aura loads with windows, before that all the RGB, strips included, show the standard/default rainbow pattern correctly.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi PlBaCuHe,
Thank you for your reply.
Please make sure all items in Armoury Crate update center all up to date and restart the pc once to see if the issue persists.
If the issue is the same, could you please use USB BIOS Flashback to revert to bios 1502 and check if the issue vanishes?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:

Please make sure all items in Armoury Crate update center all up to date and restart the pc once to see if the issue persists.
If the issue is the same, could you please use USB BIOS Flashback to revert to bios 1502 and check if the issue vanishes?
Thank you.

I've double checked and all items in Armoury Crate are up to date.

I've switched bios reverting to 1502, but now the problem persist with this bios, the strips are not working anymore and only show red/green colors with the rainbow effect. Other colors when use static mode are very dimmed or not showing properly.
I have tried multiple times to uninstall Armoury Crate with the Asus removal tool, but after reinstallation the problem persist.
When the pc is powered on, the strips are working correctly showing the default rainbow effect, only when Armoury Crate load with Windows, the colors are broken.

I also confirm that 2 other ARGB devices connected to an ARGB header (those are 2 waterblock with ARGB led strips from EK) are working properly showing the complete spectrum of colors.

At this point i don't the bios is the problem, as switching back to 1502 has not solved the issue.
BTW, all the ARGB strips/fans were working perfeclty before latest Armoury Crate update. In the past an updgrade to this software has broken the DRAM rgb functions (1 stick out of 8 was not controlled/syncronized).

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi PlBaCuHe,
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, PSU, OS drive, and ARGB devices
(Please check the specific model name of RMA like G.SKILL F5-7800J3848H16GX2-TZ5RS.
- OS version and OS build
- Armoury Crate version
- a screenshot of Armoury Crate update center and aura sync settings
- a video of the issue(from pc is powered on to Armoury Crate load with Windows and adjust change the aura sync color in Armoury Crate)
- Armoury Crate log
In Armoury Crate "Settings" and check "About" page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log", the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once user agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log. After change the aura color, please click "Generate log data" to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file). After log saved, please provide it to me.
Thank you.