cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Hero QCODE 53 NO BOOT ?

USERMAC
Level 9
For some reason I am getting QCODE 53 and cannot boot into windows or load into the bios. It does not do this all the time, but it is frequent, and it usually happens when I restart the computer.
I have tested the memory and it passes. I have used this memory on a Z690 hero before this Z790 board and did not get this issue, so I am positive the issue is with the motherboard.

The memory I am using F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS nothing special 6000MHz purchased 2021 this was on the QVL list for the Z690 Hero, so I am assuming it is same on the Z790 Hero QVL list too.

I get this issue regardless of what setting I use XMP on and off also tried MCE disabled intel rated settings, but the problem still persists

Is this a known issue?

Bios version 0502
F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS
29 REPLIES 29

USERMAC
Level 9
Starrain by Cold boot I mean from a system that is shut down either from windows or at the PSU .
The issue does not occur after a restart from the Bios. It is only when I restart windows that this issue arises and sometimes, I get lucky, and it restarts but most of the time this issue with Qcode 53 will happen.

I have tried both sticks on their own but still get this issue.

I did also use another set of this memory but unfortunately, they were same version\model and this issue still persisted but that was on the 1st Z790 Hero I longer have that set as they have been sold with the Z690 Hero.

I would need to purchase a different set of memory to test but that is an expense that I would like to avoid as decent memory is not cheap and since this was on the list that contributed towards my purchasing decision of the Z790 Hero.

I am kind of confident that this issue can be replicated with this same set of memory and motherboard using windows 11. I don't think my CPU memory controller is bad as it worked fine on the previous Z690 hero with the memory. Also just want to repeat that I got this issue as well with no OC MCE Disabled and everything left at auto setting within the Bios. When using xmp1 it was much more frequent and XMP2 was nearly all the time getting Qcode53

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
Thank you for your reply.
Have you tried only one ram stick in other ram slot except DIMM_A2 slot?
Is OpenRGB, iCUE or Armoury Crate installed? If yes, do you still get Qcode53 after uninstall them?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your graphics card, PSU, and OS drive
- OS version and OS build
- the graphics driver version
Thank you.

USERMAC
Level 9
I am still having this issue code 53 on restarts, and I am also noticing frequent blue screens, my computer is so unstable with it working one minute the next it is not. The Z790 hero QVL list has my memory on it, yet I am getting this issue with and without overclocks. I sure hope there is going to be some kind of update that will make things stable and working as they should. My memory is several bins below the maximum tested speeds it is not like I am pushing 7200mhz. This memory kit worked 100% of the time no issue on the Z690 Hero surely the Z790 Hero should be able to accommodate these too? I would like to think the Z790 can do everything that the Z690 Hero can do and more. Even on the First release Bios for Z690 Hero I had no issues like this.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
How often do you have code 53 on restarts? 90%?
Did you get blue screen on bios 0703 with bios all default settings(no OC/no XMP) as well? Did it occur when run the specific apps? What is the occurrence frequency?
Have you tried only one ram stick in other ram slot except DIMM_A2 slot?
Do you have another drive to clean install OS to see if have the same issue without any apps installed?

May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via pm
- the brand and model name of your graphics card, PSU, and OS drive
- OS version and OS build
- the graphics driver version
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG

I seemed to have almost stopped getting code 53'3

The way I got this reduced massively was by not using the ASUS provided USB stick with the preinstalled motherboard drivers using that I would get this code 53's almost 90% of the time.
The only reason I used that USB stick is because I had trouble installing a fresh install of windows 11because the onboard networking was not being detected so I had to do a OOBE\BYPASSNRO then I could install windows without internet which is odd because I have window 11 pro and that usually gives you the option to install without internet.Once windows was installed I would usually install motherboard drivers from the Asus USB.
Anyways I have again installed a fresh copy again of windows 11 but this time I used a USB Wi-Fi dongle this then enabled me to install windows and also let windows get the relevant updates for the install. since not using the drives on the asus usb stick the issue seem to have almost gone.
I do not see as many code 53's now but they do happen about 25% of them time. I have a new set of memory coming 7th December and I really hope with the new memory I will never have to see this issue again.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you experience that Windows cannot find Wi-Fi network connectivity during the initial setup (OOBE) when installing Windows 11, please refer to the following link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048624/
Hope everything's good with the new memory.

Hi all! How tired I am of this code 53. Almost every time I try to restart the computer, I see code 53. I checked everything and tested the memory many many times. All 4 memory sticks and left only two memory sticks in slots A_2 and B_2. I still can't restart the computer because of code 53. And after flashing BIOS 0816, you get constant blue screens of death with different error codes. ASUS, what's going on? What happened to you? All settings BIOS - default.

PC configuration:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO
Intel Core i9 13900k
DDR5 64 Gb 4 sticks 2 same kit (32Gb DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB (F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK) (2x16Gb KIT))
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1T
Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2T
PSU Seasonic 1300 Wt Titanium

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, RaiBinger.

The Q-code 53 on the intal motherboard means that the memory is abnormal.
It is recommended that you first try to refer to the "Troubleshooting for Memory abnormal" section in the link below to confirm the memory problem.
>> https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043948
The ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO QVL list, on the other hand, includes several of G.SKILL, 6800, 2x 32GB, or 2x 16GB quantities.
None of the requirements are the same as what you provided, which is four modules in a single kit, and it is unclear which one you actually have installed.

Therefore, it is recommended that you insert one or two memory modules (which come from the same kit) into the designated slot
and confirm again after you have set the default BIOS.

Thank you.

Hi, I recently started having this problem.
I would like to know how to solve it.

AlSa
Level 9

Hi, I recently started having this problem.
I would like to know if you managed to solve it.