cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Hero QCODE 53 NO BOOT ?

USERMAC
Level 9
For some reason I am getting QCODE 53 and cannot boot into windows or load into the bios. It does not do this all the time, but it is frequent, and it usually happens when I restart the computer.
I have tested the memory and it passes. I have used this memory on a Z690 hero before this Z790 board and did not get this issue, so I am positive the issue is with the motherboard.

The memory I am using F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS nothing special 6000MHz purchased 2021 this was on the QVL list for the Z690 Hero, so I am assuming it is same on the Z790 Hero QVL list too.

I get this issue regardless of what setting I use XMP on and off also tried MCE disabled intel rated settings, but the problem still persists

Is this a known issue?

Bios version 0502
F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS
29 REPLIES 29

Erwin05 wrote:
I dont find your memory F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS on the QVL list.

The F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS is for the Z690 MB.

The next line is your mistake.

The memory I am using F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS nothing special 6000MHz purchased 2021 this was on the QVL list for the Z690 Hero, so I am assuming it is same on the Z790 Hero QVL list too.

You assuming.

I have replaced this Z790 Hero with another Z790 Hero and that too is having this QCODE 53 error. why do u think this is?

You bought a 2nd Z790 HERO because u are using the wrong memory.

If you look at the QVL my memory is on there

https://imgur.com/a/sLkxZiy

Just have to choose G.skill as the Vendor and they are on page two!

USERMAC
Level 9

USERMAC
Level 9
My memory is on the QVL List you are not looking properly!!

Erwin05
Level 10
On the G.skill site your memory is QVL for the Intel B660 DDR5 and Intel Z690 DDR5.

If you dont select a verdor on the Asus QVL list then your memory isnt on the list.
Memory for the Z790 is 1.4 volt yours is 1.3 volt.
You have the wrong memory for your Z790 HERO thats why u get Qcode 53.

My memory is on the Official Asus Z790 QVL list, G.skill may have not updated their own QVL List there is so many different sets of memory they will be updating that list for months. Since my memory is showing on my motherboard's own product support page QVL approved by Asus to work with this motherboard means it has been validated. How am I in the wrong for going by what is showing on Asus own QVL list? Either way if my memory is not supported then it needs to be removed from their list. I have provided another screen shot which shows Page 9 of the total list showing my memory set https://imgur.com/a/qJd2spZ

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
Is the cold boot you mean to switch PSU off and on?
Does it also occur after restart from bios?
Have you tried only one ram stick in DIMM_A2 slot? Please try the ram sticks one by one.
Also, have you tried another ram in Z790 Hero but the issue persists?
Thank you.

Erwin05
Level 10
Maybe someone else can convince you that your memory does not belong to your motherboard, your memory is not in the QVL of G.skill and your memory has Qcode 53 for a reason.

Have a good day.

@STARRAIN@ROG why does the QVL list show 4 pages of memory and when i select vendors i get much more memory, 4 pages of G.skill memory?

His memory inst on the QVL list from Asus when i dont select a vendor, but when i select Vendors on the Asus QVL i see much more G.skill memory then when i dont select vendors.

His memory isnt on the QVL from G.skill.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Erwin05,
There are total 16 pages in Z790 Hero RAM QVL list, but it only shows 4 pages at a time.
Please click the arrow to check more.
Thank you.

Erwin05
Level 10
But my question is why is his memory on the Asus QVL and not on the G.Skill QVL?

Erwin05 wrote:
But my question is why is his memory on the Asus QVL and not on the G.Skill QVL?

Because the memory qualification list and the motherboard vendors are different.

See here for a detailed explanation of what these profiles actually are.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98041-Understanding-and-using-XMP
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090