cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 HERO has two problems to be solved

zcat777
Level 7
1. USB3.2 Gen 2*2Type-C When the device is inserted, it will be powered off once for recognition

2. When using 4NVME+4SATA to build two RAID, it can't automatically boot into windows, and 1 5 10 can't, but sata can automatically boot when using four 500G SSDs, but the self-inspection screen identifies that the hard disk is chaotic and blank, and the use of four 2T SATA can't boot, which is the case with MX500 and 870EVO~

Fault 2 should involve the whole series of Z690 and Z790 motherboards~

16 REPLIES 16

What an empty thred even though I have 2 issues with the card:
- The Chipset temp is very high
- It can only be input 2 bars of 32GO RAM and not 4 otherwise it is not supported

Phaliensys wrote:
What an empty thred even though I have 2 issues with the card:
- The Chipset temp is very high
- It can only be input 2 bars of 32GO RAM and not 4 otherwise it is not supported

The problem of high chipset temperature is caused by the original use of thermal pads, you can remove the heat sink yourself and use copper sheets and thermal grease of similar thickness to replace the original thermal pads, if you can't do it, it is recommended not to move ~

zcat777 wrote:
The problem of high chipset temperature is caused by the original use of thermal pads, you can remove the heat sink yourself and use copper sheets and thermal grease of similar thickness to replace the original thermal pads, if you can't do it, it is recommended not to move ~

Do you know the size of the copper sheet I need to buy? How do I remove the heat sink?

Phaliensys wrote:
Do you know the size of the copper sheet I need to buy? How do I remove the heat sink?

You can also use a better thermal pad as a replacement, you need to remove the back panel, you need considerable hands-on ability, otherwise don't move, after all, artificial damage ASUS will not give you warranty

zcat777 wrote:
You can also use a better thermal pad as a replacement, you need to remove the back panel, you need considerable hands-on ability, otherwise don't move, after all, artificial damage ASUS will not give you warranty

I think I'll leave it as it is, I'm not that good :cool:. But as I have 5 M2s, my chipset temp in idle is around 75°C and sometimes in game it can go up to 87°C.
I can't find any topic online about it so: is it too hot? what is the max temp that the chipset can handle?

Phaliensys wrote:
I think I'll leave it as it is, I'm not that good :cool:. But as I have 5 M2s, my chipset temp in idle is around 75°C and sometimes in game it can go up to 87°C.
I can't find any topic online about it so: is it too hot? what is the max temp that the chipset can handle?

Before 70+, now there are only more than 60+, and when idle, it is basically more than 40~

Soccerchamp43
Level 8

"1. USB3.2 Gen 2*2Type-C When the device is inserted, it will be powered off once for recognition"

This is happening with me and the Z790 Hero as well. Anyone figure out what's causing this issue?