Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Maximus Extreme not detecting PCI E Sata Card

DBEDC1
Level 7
Hi guys

I have an Asus Maximus Extreme with intel 12900KS
Now, you've probably heard this before but

1, How do I make it see my Sata card on PCI E 2 slot - M.2-1 is not in use but not sure if its enabled, ill come to that. In windows 10 or 11 you can see that card as a controller, drivers installed fine etc but no drives show anywhere, not even computer management. The same card was fine on my Rampage VI Extreme Omega. I installed Win 10 and 11 and its not windows issue for once, The card lights show up when you plug the drives in but nothing happens. (not new drives but already have data on them, backups)

im sure its the board, I disabled and enabled the VMD option as im not using raid, no change.
2, I read that the PCI E 2 slot is disabled if M.2_1 is in use. Mine is not as I'm using slots 2 and 3, but how do I check if M.2_1 is enabled and how do I disable it?

I have never had an issue with my PC builds but this has truly baffled me. I really appreciate all as im tired of installing win10 and 11! Last attempt tomorw!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Cheers
1 REPLY 1

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi DBEDC1,
Do you want to install windows on the drives or use them for data?
Are the drives detected in bios?
Do you enable CSM?
If you don't install any devices in M.2_1 slot, PCIEX16(G5)_2 won't be disabled by M.2_1, and there is no option to disable M.2_1 in bios.
Thank you.