cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Hero Audio Impedance Sensing Issue

USERMAC
Level 9
I have an issue with my motherboards Impedance Sensing. It is way off setting my headphone to over 1000 ohms when my headphone are rated 150 ohms. Pushing high amounts oh power into my headphones could cause damage.

I have tested the headphones on two of my other Asus motherboards and they are detecting the headphones correctly setting them to 150 ohms not popping and cracking etc.

I have also tested two other headphones that are rated at 30 ohms but this motherboard is pushing far too much power into them causing them to pop and crackle. I have tried reinstalling windows 11 I update my drivers using the motherboards Armoury Crate

I am using Realtek Audio Control driver version 6.3.9600.2299 UI Version: 1.27.254.0

I updated all my motherboard drivers using the Asus Armoury Crate.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution ? I have added a screen shot of the impedance setting it is forcing me to use.

33 REPLIES 33

My home there is of 60ohms but showing 600+ ohms hence no bass from sub whoofer. Isn't there a way to disable impedance sensing?

Manish4586 wrote:
My home there is of 60ohms but showing 600+ ohms hence no bass from sub whoofer. Isn't there a way to disable impedance sensing?

It's a bug that the developers don't want to accept.

It would be very helpful to have an option to disable impedance sensing if they can't fix the problem, and let us choose it in order the hardware that we have.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
If you face the issue again, please record a video before try the work around and share the video to me.
Thank you so much.

USERMAC
Level 9
Hello again sorry still no video I have been very busy and installing clean copy of windows and removing my already download stuff is a bit much. How ever I did get a response from Asus technical who I gave a very detailed report to and they have today confirmed they will be now passing the issue onto RD for analysis.

The Response from Asus Technical Support Team UK

"A quick update - we did not have the exact headset, but found similar behaviour with a Senheiser - this has now been passed to RD for analysis - they will update me with any findings which I will pass on to you

Thank you for your patience"

Not sure what RD is but it I am pleased they got the same issue.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
If our local team have reported to RD, please wait the update from our local side.
Thank you for your reply.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi USERMAC,
If our local team have reported to RD, please wait the update from our local side.
Thank you for your reply.

They got back to me with this

"RD cannot duplicate this problem with another same MB. After re-checked the failed MB, and wipe the Audio Line out port with propanol, then tested again with the same configuration, test passed, the impedance of the headphone displayed correctly.

So we expected the problem was caused by a detection error due to a foreign object inside the Audio Line out port. Please help let the make sure clean the Audio Line out port and try again.
"

The fact they are now trying to excuse the issue that a foreign object was inside the Audio Line out port on there machine and that is why they were able to replicate the issue is just unbelievable and just a lazy excuse. They originally said they tested with a pair of Sennheiser headphones and could replicate the issue and now they cant. So they want me to believe they that my computer and the computer that they tested had something foreign inside the audio port.

I personally do not believe they tested this.

Just an ignorant response from who ever is handling my ticket.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi USERMAC,
I'm not sure if you also told our local support that after reinstall win11, only plugged in one headphone to the rear or front panel, the impedance sensing would be over 1000 ohms and the sound would be pop and crackle. But if plugged in one pair of headphones rear lime port and then another pair in the front panel, it was working fine?
If you have check the audio Line out port and there is no foreign object, please also share the above information to our local team.
Thank you.

Chinoka
Level 9
Hi, I have a similar issue with my Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition - 250 ohms.*
*When I plug them to the front port, the impedance shows less than 20 ohms, but when I plug them to the rear port show the correct impedance.*
Windows 11 fresh install, latest drivers. *

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
Does it occur after update to windows 11?
May I have the model name, the bios version and the audio driver version?
Have you tried plugging one pair of headphones in rear port and then the Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition - 250 ohms in the front port, is it working fine?
Thank you.

Chinoka
Level 9
Hi STARRAIN@ROG, thanks for the response.

- Does it occur after update to Windows 11?

I did a fresh Windows 11 install, then I tried a fresh Windows 10 install, no luck.

- model name, the bios version and the audio driver version?

Maximus z690 Hero.
Tried both 1403 and 1505.
Driver V6.3.9600.2307

After reading the previous posts, I've tried all combinations. The back port impedance sense works ok, but the front port always show less than 20 ohm regardless the item that I plug there.

I need the back port for my speakers, It's inconvenient plug and unplug stuff in order to use one or another.

Perhaps is my case front port that not support that feature, the HD audio connector from the case to the motherboard has 7 pins instead 11 that has the motherboard.