cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Hero Audio Impedance Sensing Issue

USERMAC
Level 9
I have an issue with my motherboards Impedance Sensing. It is way off setting my headphone to over 1000 ohms when my headphone are rated 150 ohms. Pushing high amounts oh power into my headphones could cause damage.

I have tested the headphones on two of my other Asus motherboards and they are detecting the headphones correctly setting them to 150 ohms not popping and cracking etc.

I have also tested two other headphones that are rated at 30 ohms but this motherboard is pushing far too much power into them causing them to pop and crackle. I have tried reinstalling windows 11 I update my drivers using the motherboards Armoury Crate

I am using Realtek Audio Control driver version 6.3.9600.2299 UI Version: 1.27.254.0

I updated all my motherboard drivers using the Asus Armoury Crate.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution ? I have added a screen shot of the impedance setting it is forcing me to use.

33 REPLIES 33

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
We would suggest HD front panel audio module cable 11 pins to the AAFP connector.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Chinoka,
We would suggest HD front panel audio module cable 11 pins to the AAFP connector.
Thank you.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG, I don't think that the connector is the issue, because those 2 extra pins are for ASUS Hydranode devices as per user manual.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129155-Front-Panel-Audio-Connector

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
May I have a photo of your 7 pins audio connectors?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Chinoka,
May I have a photo of your 7 pins audio connectors?
Thank you.

Hi, I have the standard HD audio connector:

Just for update, I've uninstalled all Realtek drivers and software (Realtek Audio Control/Console, Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III, DTS) and left Windows install by itself the necessary drivers and the front panel works OK.

So, I assume that the problem is on the Asus side (drivers or software).

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
Do you have any sound issue when it shows less than 20 ohms?
Does it also occur with bios all default settings and other headset?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS drive, PSU and pc case
(Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6800U4040G16GX2-TZ5S.)
- OS version and OS build
- pictures or a video when it shows less than 20 ohms with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition in front port and it shows the correct impedance in rear port
Thank you so much.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Chinoka,
Does it also occur with bios all default settings and other headset?
May I have the following information?
- the serial number of the motherboard via PM
- the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM, graphics card, OS drive, PSU and pc case
(Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F5-6800U4040G16GX2-TZ5S.)
- OS version and OS build
- pictures or a video when it shows less than 20 ohms with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition in front port and it shows the correct impedance in rear port
Thank you so much.

Hi STARRAIN@ROG,
Front:

Rear:

PSU: EVA Supernova 1000G2
Case: Thermaltake Element S.

Specs:

Latest drivers 6.3.9600.2307 >>> YES, low volume and distorted on the front port.
Windows default drivers >> NO
This drivers >> NO
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118522-DRIVERS-Realtek-USB-Audio-(MB-Intel-5xx-6xx-7xx-amp...

Does it also occur with bios all default settings and other headset? >>>YES

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll consult our tech team more about this.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
Could you please use ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool release from our support site to update and check if the front audio issue is present with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307?
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
If the front audio issue is present, may I have the screenshots below?
1. Audio FW:
2. Audio Driver:
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Chinoka,
Could you please use ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool release from our support site to update and check if the front audio issue is present with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307?
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
If the front audio issue is present, may I have the screenshots below?
1. Audio FW:
2. Audio Driver:
Thank you.

Sorry for the long delay. I've ditched the onboard sound card, I don't have time to be a beta tester.

I finally have installed my old 10+ year old Asus Xonar Phoebus sound card and have zero issues, works as expected.

Very disappointed with this.

Best regards.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Chinoka,
Our tech team tested headphone at hand and it had similar impedance sensing issue but the issue was gone after update ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW with the Realtek USB Audio Driver V6.3.9600.2307, so would like to check the FW version again.
However, it is glad to see you have no issue with the sound card.
Thank you.