cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690-G, i9-12900k, 32GB Kingston beast 4800

ijsblock
Level 7
Hi all,

I have the following setup: Z690-G, i9-12900k, 32GB Kingston beast 4800, enabled fastboot in the bios, but for some reason, it still takes around 30 seconds to boot up and ready for Windows login after powering the PC on. 😞

Im using the Samsung 980 Pro 2TB as bootdisk.

Any idea what could be causing this?
7 REPLIES 7

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ijsblock,
Does it occur on bios 1403 with bios all default settings except fastboot enabled?
Is there no difference with fastboot enabled and disabled?
Have you removed all the USB devices and external cards from the motherboard, including the mouse, keyboard, USB flash disk, SSD(only installed bootdisk), external PCIE cards?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi ijsblock,
Does it occur on bios 1403 with bios all default settings except fastboot enabled?
Is there no difference with fastboot enabled and disabled?
Have you removed all the USB devices and external cards from the motherboard, including the mouse, keyboard, USB flash disk, SSD(only installed bootdisk), external PCIE cards?
Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, BIOS 1403 is loaded. No difference with fastboot enabled or disabled.
BIOS settings are set on default after BIOS update, no USB devices and using onboard video and still see the normal loading screen and waiting for around 30 seconds. Also removed the other 2 nvmes, using the boot one only.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ijsblock,
Fastboot would not be active after power off the PSU and on.
Please also turn on fastboot in windows, and restart pc in windows twice. Then shutdown the pc in windows and turn on the pc again to check the booting time.
Please don't power off the PSU and please remove USB devices during above procedure.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi ijsblock,
Fastboot would not be active after power off the PSU and on.
Please also turn on fastboot in windows, and restart pc in windows twice. Then shutdown the pc in windows and turn on the pc again to check the booting time.
Please don't power off the PSU and please remove USB devices during above procedure.
Thank you.

Tried that, no luck, still around 30 seconds. I guess there is not much to change anymore.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ijsblock,
How long does it take from you turning on the pc to seeing ROG LOGO?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi ijsblock,
How long does it take from you turning on the pc to seeing ROG LOGO?
Thank you.

Hi,

I just checked and its around 21 seconds before the ROG logo appears, then the around 9 seconds is when its loads windows and see the login screen,

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ijsblock,
It sounds like the it is the minimum booting time for your condition of components and system.
Thank you.